Presidential Poll 2020

JosephM

2020 Presidential Poll  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, thormas said:

And now the trumpster says all he know is that the crazy QAnon like him and he appreciates it. I bet he thinks these crazies are 'fine people' just like the white supremacist groups.

Oh Gawd! I hadn't even heard of this QAnon thing. Went and googled it. Oh Gawd . ! . . 

Don't know what to think of it yet.

Hope it just goes away.

Oh Gawd!

It reminds me just a bit of nazism. Perhaps this is what starts to happen when one group starts to feel overwhelmed by another. - Crazy stuff - There are much more sensible and forthright ways of dealing with it than what ever this stuff is. This earth is big enough for all of us, whether we want to culturally-centric or integrated or any and all combinations of the two. 

Oh Gawd! I really didn't need to know about this Q thing right now. This world has enough problems. Oh Gawd! Hopefully Gawd can handle some of it so we don't have to, or so we don't even have to look at it. Oh Gawd!

-------------------

Edit> Sounds like a form of al-anon with the 'al' taken out and a 'Q" put in. Maybe they are recovering from something, . . .  super-selfie-ism ? ... ?

Edited by Elen1107

1 hour ago, Elen1107 said:

Oh Gawd! I hadn't even heard of this QAnon thing. Went and googled it. Oh Gawd . ! . . 

Don't know what to think of it yet.

Hope it just goes away.

Oh Gawd!

It reminds me just a bit of nazism. Perhaps this is what starts to happen when one group starts to feel overwhelmed by another. - Crazy stuff - There are much more sensible and forthright ways of dealing with it than what ever this stuff is. This earth is big enough for all of us, whether we want to culturally-centric or integrated or any and all combinations of the two. 

Oh Gawd! I really didn't need to know about this Q thing right now. This world has enough problems. Oh Gawd! Hopefully Gawd can handle some of it so we don't have to, or so we don't even have to look at it. Oh Gawd!

-------------------

Edit> Sounds like a form of al-anon with the 'al' taken out and a 'Q" put in. Maybe they are recovering from something, . . .  super-selfie-ism ? ... ?

........and this is just one day in the crazy world of the trumpster and his minions 😟 

It seems the trumpster is a fan of the late 60s soap opera, Dark Shadows.

What a disastrous interview with a Fox fan trying to make sure he didn't 'step in it' - which of course he did........... repeatedly. How can anybody not wince when this narcissist spews his prejudice and hatred??

That the president of the US is a conspiracy buffoon is sad and tragic for the country. 

Edited by thormas

Trump's tightened considerably whilst Biden has drifted out a little (Sportsbest Australia).  Are the bookies just trying to cover their bets or is sentiment demonstrating Trump's improved chances of 4 more years?

image.png

I have never been that 'into' (or even aware of) bookies' odds on elections. It does seem to be a rather 'interesting' pastime.

From what I have been seeing there is some tightening but then other reports indicate things are basically the same as before the conversions. However it still baffles many people that others (supporters) buy the trumpster's lies, continually (even at the expense of the country) give him a pass on them and/or they buy into his view of the country, the constitution, the law and its people.

I actually have no problem considering or voting for a true Republican, as I have in the past...........but this guy is not a Republican.

What is interesting of late is the poll indicating that the military is not behind the trumpster and now there is even more news (in addition to what we already have seen and heard from him on McCain and others) that he disparages fallen soldiers (in all wars). Additionally and because of this, former military supporters and vets are turning away from him and being very vocal about it. I certainly hope he is not relying on the military if he decides to ignore the election results (if not in his favor).

It is the reality that soldiers and vets 'know' something about service and sacrifice -  and their family members and friends (or simply the rest of the entire country) respect it - and none consider those killed or captured losers and suckers. That this 'commander in chief' does (use those terms toward fallen and captured soldiers) is evidence that he neither knows about true service nor respects the sacrifice of soldiers: his semi-private real belief shows that his public lip service is a lie . Sad! Tragic!

I'd have to say, if Trump wasn't going to lose the election before his interviews with Woodward were released, he is now.  Sportsbet are still only paying $1.80 for Biden at this moment (Trumps has started to fade, now going to $2) but I'm getting on Biden as it is easy money - Trump has lost the 2020 election.  I'm happy to call it right now.  There's no coming back for Trump with his lying about coronavirus,  He's gone.

3 hours ago, PaulS said:

I'd have to say, if Trump wasn't going to lose the election before his interviews with Woodward were released, he is now.  Sportsbet are still only paying $1.80 for Biden at this moment (Trumps has started to fade, now going to $2) but I'm getting on Biden as it is easy money - Trump has lost the 2020 election.  I'm happy to call it right now.  There's no coming back for Trump with his lying about coronavirus,  He's gone.

From your lips to God's ear :+}

-----------------------------------------------------------

What really struck me was the excuse, now being presented by his minions, that the trumpster wanted to avoid a panic. Given that rationale the president, at the time, should have prevented us from learning the entire truth about Pearl Harbor. 911 and a whole host of other issues.......to keep the American people from panicking.  

But we don't have a president to keep us from panicking. We have a president to deal with issues: to lead when a crisis hits, to lead so that the people have the necessary knowledge and tools to deal with a crisis. Again this trumpster makes decisions with a view to himself, to his chances for re-election and sidestepping anything that could endanger that. 

Amazing that he lied to the people and still some of those people support him. Amazing that he disparages the service and sacrifice of soldiers and still some people support him. 

Edited by thormas

9 hours ago, thormas said:

From your lips to God's ear :+}

I think God must've been blindfolded and wearing earmuffs in 2016! :)

I don't believe Trump's excuse for lying about the severity of the coronavirus as though it really was about preventing panic - I think it is more likely he wanted to keep the economy open, irrespective of the damage coronavirus would do, as that is his main focus for re-election.  It was a gamble and he lost, as did many of the 200,000 dead.  I mean how many of those dead and their families and neighbours trusted the President when he said it would just 'go away' and wasn't any more harmful than the seasonal flu!

13 hours ago, PaulS said:

I think God must've been blindfolded and wearing earmuffs in 2016! :)

I don't believe Trump's excuse for lying about the severity of the coronavirus as though it really was about preventing panic - I think it is more likely he wanted to keep the economy open, irrespective of the damage coronavirus would do, as that is his main focus for re-election.  It was a gamble and he lost, as did many of the 200,000 dead.  I mean how many of those dead and their families and neighbours trusted the President when he said it would just 'go away' and wasn't any more harmful than the seasonal flu!

Either that or the people who 'worship' God, heard him wrong and voted for the least among us :+}

------------------------------

I agree that the trumpster is lying about lying about the virus..............to keep the economy (not even his economy but largely a holdover from Obama) going, at least the stock market. 

One woman who lost her father, said his only underlying condition was that he believed in the trumpster. That is an underlying condition that far too many people still have. 

What is amazing is that the trumpeter suggested the only options before him were to lie (to avoid a panic??) or jump up and down and say we're all going to die. However, the real option, that taken by other presidents and Churchill, was to be honest with the people and..........lead. If he led, our situation would be drastically different. But that was not to be: the chickens came home to roost and the man revealed who he always was.

Sadly for us, even more sad for the nearly 200k dead Americans (and those yet to die), is that this guy is incapable of true leadership.

Just read the actual option that the trumpster had that went beyond 'no panic' and 'jumping up and down' - stay calm, tell the American people the truth and lead.

And then, this question: "If you knew it (the virus) was so dangerous and transmitted by air, why did you keep holding rallies, mock people for wearing masks and nag governors to reopen businesses?"  

Edited by thormas

11 hours ago, thormas said:

Just read the actual option that the trumpster had that went beyond 'no panic' and 'jumping up and down' - stay calm, tell the American people the truth and lead.

I don't think they were the options Trump was considering.  If so, it doesn't explain why he promoted faleshoods about the virus.  Saying covid was just like the flu when he knew it could kill 5% of the population instead of the less than 1% of the flu, demonstrates to me he was doing more than just trying to prevent panic.  He was actively pushing for and promoting business as usual, because he was scared a better approach to saving lives would harm the economy.  Well, he was right, it's just that it probably didn't have to harm the economy as much as his bungling of the virus has seen to.  200,000 dead in 6 months - how many could have been prevented if not for Trump's false representations about the virus.

8 hours ago, PaulS said:

I don't think they were the options Trump was considering.  If so, it doesn't explain why he promoted faleshoods about the virus.  Saying covid was just like the flu when he knew it could kill 5% of the population instead of the less than 1% of the flu, demonstrates to me he was doing more than just trying to prevent panic.  He was actively pushing for and promoting business as usual, because he was scared a better approach to saving lives would harm the economy.  Well, he was right, it's just that it probably didn't have to harm the economy as much as his bungling of the virus has seen to.  200,000 dead in 6 months - how many could have been prevented if not for Trump's false representations about the virus.

I agree. I was pointing out the option open to him other than the actions he did take - which he now says were because he didn't want to cause panic. Lies upon lies -this is the mark of the man and his supporters allow it rather than calling him out and demanding better.

On 9/12/2020 at 9:05 PM, thormas said:

I agree. I was pointing out the option open to him other than the actions he did take - which he now says were because he didn't want to cause panic. Lies upon lies -this is the mark of the man and his supporters allow it rather than calling him out and demanding better.

I really can't fathom why anybody is supporting Trump's management of the coronavirus following his most recent statements.  Apart from his lying to the American people, now he is saying that herd immunity (although he said herd 'mentality') will see the coronavirus go away.  Do Americans realize that for herd immunity to even work (if it does) that it requires something like 75% of the population getting infected (i.e. about 246,000,000 people infected).  If only 1% of those infected die (and remember Trump acknowledged that the virus will kill something like 5% of infectees) then Trump is expecting nothing less than 2,460,000 (1%) to 12,300,000 (5%) US citizens to die.  Am I missing something?  How many deaths do Trump supporter's think is acceptable for herd immunity to work?  Does trump actually have a number in mind for herd immunity to kick in?  I am just gobsmacked that anybody thinks this is acceptable.  Have any Trump supporters actually thought this through?

6 hours ago, PaulS said:

I really can't fathom why anybody is supporting Trump's management of the coronavirus following his most recent statements.  Apart from his lying to the American people, now he is saying that herd immunity (although he said herd 'mentality') will see the coronavirus go away.  Do Americans realize that for herd immunity to even work (if it does) that it requires something like 75% of the population getting infected (i.e. about 246,000,000 people infected).  If only 1% of those infected die (and remember Trump acknowledged that the virus will kill something like 5% of infectees) then Trump is expecting nothing less than 2,460,000 (1%) to 12,300,000 (5%) US citizens to die.  Am I missing something?  How many deaths do Trump supporter's think is acceptable for herd immunity to work?  Does trump actually have a number in mind for herd immunity to kick in?  I am just gobsmacked that anybody thinks this is acceptable.  Have any Trump supporters actually thought this through?

Neither can I, neither can many other Americans - it is beyond baffling.

I think herd immunity is a term thrown around with little understanding. 

And recently trumpster said that if we discount the 'blue' states the deaths from the virus are not as bad - as if those Americans are not citizens of the same country or not worthy of consideration. 

If this clown is re-elected, as many have said, we fear for the future of the USA. 

• 2 weeks later...

Now, with the 'revelation' of his (trumpster) taxes we see what many in NYC, most in the real estate world and many others knew: he is not a good business man, owes millions, has failing businesses and takes questionable 'business expenses.' And this clown questioned Obama's taxes years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Not trying to reignite any passions either way, but clinically speaking, how do people think the candidates are fairing in their chances for winning the Presidency?  At this stage, I think Biden is heading for a win, perhaps not overwhelming but not by the skin of his teeth either, in my view.  Things can change, but I do stand to win $80 if Biden wins which I can donate to maintaining this Forum for a bit longer anyhow! :)

I suspect that Biden will win. The polls give him enough of a lead to be comfortable, and the blocks that supported Trump in 2016 are not as strong for him this year. 

What happens if the results are close enough to be challenged? I think this is possible, but not likely. If the election goes to the House of Reps to decide, it's a tossup, unless the Dems take enough states. 

Yes, If it goes to the 12th amendment it could be quite interesting as the house elects the president but the senate elects the vice president. In that case it could be if Biden wins with a house vote that Pence could win with a senate vote and becomes Biden's vice. If Biden doesn't make it through his term, Pence would become president and Republicans would take back the White House. (Strange but possible) 

On 10/21/2020 at 2:05 AM, PaulS said:

Things can change, but I do stand to win $80 if Biden wins which I can donate to maintaining this Forum for a bit longer anyhow! :)

You Aussie's are real gamblers! I could be wrong but the polls often are slanted to affect the minds of voters. There are a lot of silent Trump supporters who keep quiet to avoid attack by Biden supporters. 😄