Presidential Poll 2020

JosephM

2020 Presidential Poll  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 10/23/2020 at 7:29 AM, JosephM said:

You Aussie's are real gamblers! I could be wrong but the polls often are slanted to affect the minds of voters. There are a lot of silent Trump supporters who keep quiet to avoid attack by Biden supporters. 😄

I'm not sure you can call it gambling, Joe.  Looks more like a guaranteed investment! :)  Well, maybe not, but here are the booky's odds as of today:

Capture.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck today, America.  Hope you get through the next few days safe and unharmed and come out with a President that is clearly supported by the majority of the people and clearly appointed by electoral college votes.  I don't think anybody fancies a close race in this affair.

Well it's a good result for me in the election.  My betting agency has already paid out for Biden AND during the counting they blew the odds out for Biden to $3.50 at one point, so I dropped another $45 on him.  So thanks Trump, Biden and the American people - I have a tidy $200 profit to my name now! :)

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

I think Biden MAY have genuinely won yet i don't understand why Democrats are worried about a recount or challenges. If everything is above board and the recounts balance then we will have more confidence in our elections. The number of mail in ballots were soo great that there is a real possibility for fraud greater than we have ever seen in the past. those who say there is no evidence only have to look at past proven fraud with less mail-in ballots.  Not every case of fraud gets caught so in the close states it seems to me good to do some rechecks.   https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud/search?combine=&state=GA&year=&case_type=All&fraud_type=All

8 hours ago, JosephM said:

I think Biden MAY have genuinely won yet i don't understand why Democrats are worried about a recount or challenges. If everything is above board and the recounts balance then we will have more confidence in our elections. The number of mail in ballots were soo great that there is a real possibility for fraud greater than we have ever seen in the past. those who say there is no evidence only have to look at past proven fraud with less mail-in ballots.  Not every case of fraud gets caught so in the close states it seems to me good to do some rechecks.   https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud/search?combine=&state=GA&year=&case_type=All&fraud_type=All

I don't see the 'Democrats' being worried about recounts or challenges (I think there's a difference between what the media portrays and what is actual) - if anything Biden actually seems to be the Presidential epitome of calm and restraint where he is saying nothing other than "stay calm, we won, let that sink in for Trump, and eventually all will be well", and come Jan 20 Biden will be President.

What I think any fuss may be about is that many don't like to see Trump not acknowledging Biden's success, not being prepared at this stage to embrace the transition which is so obviously going to  happen, and perhaps they don't like what Trump is doing in misrepresenting the election as 'rigged'.  It does seem a baseless claim that denigrates the integrity of your democratic process.  I can't see how Trump thinks any of his carry on is beneficial to the country.

I don't think it's a case of there being no fraud whatsoever (I'm sure there are instances of some fraud and integrity issues in all elections), the real issue is rather whether any fraud was large enough to influence the outcome of the election, even in those tighter states.  Trump has said outright that the election was rigged, whereas numerous authorities responsible for overseeing and enforcing election protocols (Republican, Democrat and non-partisan) are all saying the opposite.  It does just seem to be another petulant rant by your outgoing President who doesn't want the facts to get in the way of his story, but if your country has to go through the motions to show everybody just how legitimate the ousting of Trump is, then hopefully that will be a benefit for your country.  Perhaps it may even heal some of the division.  I think the scary thing these days is no matter what actual facts are produced and substantiated, there are just so many people that will refuse to accept them.  So many seem convinced these days that actual facts are fake news, and vice versa.  Actual 'news' over there seems to have gone out the window and people just watch and read entities that support their already held opinions.

Paul,

Well, basically the papers are the Democrats. (at least in control) They portray people how they want. It's obvious to me that the major TV and Newspapers are no longer journalists in this country just reporting facts.  Personally, i am skeptical of anything they report and its not because of what Trump says but from listening to actual meetings and speeches and then reading the reporting and seeing their slant on things reported rather than letting the reader examine what was actually said for themselves and making up their own mind. 

As for Biden having a calming effect. Perhaps it is an act he is coached well with at this time? Perhaps this is the real Joe Biden below. You won't see this in the news.  

Without a doubt, many (i.e. a lot of) media outlets are more and more putting their slant on reporting.  More and more they are catering to their audiences.  That's what business first is driving these organisations too.  Typically I read from Fox News and CNN and then figure the truth is probably somewhere around the middle.  Often facts about actual occurrences are not in doubt, but anytime I read a media outlet 'interpreting' what some of these facts mean, I am dubious.

I didn't mean to imply that Biden is having a calming effect, just rather that when you question why ‘Democrats’ are worried about a recount or challenges, I was merely just pointing out that that doesn't appear to be the case with what I would call the Number 1 Democrat in the US. 

If that film clip is the worst of Joe Biden, I think the US is in for a much better 4 years!

1 hour ago, PaulS said:

If that film clip is the worst of Joe Biden, I think the US is in for a much better 4 years!

😄  No that's not the worst. I could show you many more Biden videos but what's the point? It is what it is and I am okay with what is and don't remember having been given the power to change it. Anyway if so, that would interfere with my golf, wouldn't it? 😃

On the bright side... golf today... the market is up... Going to the shooting range tomorrow and golf the next day.

• 1 month later...

I wonder what people's thoughts are on Trump's efforts to overturn the election results, to have the Senate reject the Electoral College's outcome, and his encouraging of a protest in DC on 6 Jan?

There's a vast amount of stuff on the internet about this. Check out Quora. Look at the 60 or so court appearances where Trumps lawyers have had their claims rejected out of hand (often by republican judges), basically, because all the affidavits are hearsay. Look at the hour long phone call of a day or so back when Trump tries to intimidate the Secretary of State of Georgia into finding him another 11,000 votes. Read the comments by election officials (often Republican) that these were the most secure elections in American history. Look at the comments like those from General flyn (pardoned by Trump) encouraging him to declare martial law to overturn the election results. 

It's scary how close the USA came to becoming an autocracy.

11 hours ago, John Hunt said:

It's scary how close the USA came to becoming an autocracy.

I'm not sure the US is out of the woods yet, with the way Trump is behaving!  One can only hope this sideshow will finish soon enough.  Then again, there seems to be millions of Americans who seem happy that Trump is behaving this way.  Go figure.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:59 AM, PaulS said:

I'm not sure the US is out of the woods yet, with the way Trump is behaving!  One can only hope this sideshow will finish soon enough.  Then again, there seems to be millions of Americans who seem happy that Trump is behaving this way.  Go figure.

Perhaps they are seeing something the media doesn't report?  Perhaps free elections in the US are not as free as originally thought in schools or by past propaganda and many people are now realizing it?

2 hours ago, JosephM said:

Perhaps they are seeing something the media doesn't report?  Perhaps free elections in the US are not as free as originally thought in schools or by past propaganda and many people are now realizing it?

I find it too hard to imagine that all of the media in the free world is involved in a cover up of a fraudulent election.  It’s this nonsense and Trump’s promotion of it that will now cost the Republicans their two Senate seats for Georgia and control of the Senate.

It isn’t a ‘realization’ of anything - it’s buying into Trump’s delusions and not accepting Democracy in action. This is what Trump had been about since day one - dividing the country, not uniting it.  You reap what you sow.

1 hour ago, PaulS said:

I find it too hard to imagine that all of the media in the free world is involved in a cover up of a fraudulent election.  It’s this nonsense and Trump’s promotion of it that will now cost the Republicans their two Senate seats for Georgia and control of the Senate.

It isn’t a ‘realization’ of anything - it’s buying into Trump’s delusions and not accepting Democracy in action. This is what Trump had been about since day one - dividing the country, not uniting it.  You reap what you sow.

Agree 110%

"I'm not sure the US is out of the woods yet, with the way Trump is behaving!"

Looks certain today that he's going to go, after the Capitol riot/insurrection. But what he stands for, and he's given voice to, and constantly amplifies - the racism and fascism at the heart of what so many Americans actually think/believe, in their hearts - I think it will decades to undo that kind of damage. If it ever happens.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/6/2021 at 4:34 PM, PaulS said:

Well, while i don't have a conclusion of a cover-up of a fraudulent election here,  i do see that the Associated press is very capable of and does use propaganda. The AP is a powerful non-profit cooperative  published and may i say blindly  in many cases republished by more than 1,300 newspapers and broadcasters. The AP operates approximately 248 news bureaus in 99 countries. 

Trump may be delusional among other things but if one looks at mail in voting one may plainly see it is more subject to fraudulent voting than voting in person with a valid ID. Only a small percentage are caught and prosecuted but a Pew Pew report shows that it does happen regularly. Recounting ballots does little good for major fraud for a number of reasons because of differing laws in different states. I'm not saying Biden stole the Election or fraudulent votes caused him to win the swing states because I don't know. I'm just saying we need to look at it closer and make it more uniform and don't make it too easy to vote by not requiring enough ID and checks because some call it voter suppression.

Anyway, it water under the bridge.  What one thinks of the matter is fine with me but knowing people and organizations from my own personal experience i wouldn't easily dismiss some of the many conspiracy theories regardless of what the AP and its rebroadcast co-operatives repeat.

Just my 2 cents