Jump to content

2020 Presidential Poll  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, JosephM said:

Come on Paul. Your numbers say otherwise. Australia is a unique country. Sure you had some problems but except for a few large cities you are really spread out. Look at your population and land size compared to ours. Hail to the queen. 

I'm not arguing that our population density is much less, I'm saying that where we did have spread, that spread was stopped in its tracks by social distancing and hygiene measures.  I have no doubt it is easier to do in our country compared to yours, but that doesn't detract from it being an appropriate way to manage it.  Are you now arguing that because your population is more dense, social distancing and good hygiene aren't the best way to deal with the disease?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Romney a man for all seasons, the trumpster a man for ..............well, himself.

It varies by state.

Posted Images

Happy? I'm living with it with a positive outlook at least for now. You have a land size almost as large as ours with less than 1/10 the population. If you think you are doing better then think about that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you suppose that Italy and Spain are not as smart as Aussies? Or your Queen, federation of States, or monarchy is smarter. I think not. We all have our unique problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JosephM said:

It's easy to stop it in its tracks with the density of your country compared to ours. Don't give your country too much credit.🙂

It's not about credit or brownie points - I thought we were talking about the science of covid19 herd immunity and also the effectiveness of good hygiene practices, social distancing, and the wearing of masks.  You know, pretty much all of the things your President has showed by example that he doesn't value.

It's not about my glorious, sunburnt country of open plains and beaches trumping (no pun intended) the horror of a covid-ridden US at war with itself. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JosephM said:

Do you suppose that Italy and Spain are not as smart as Aussies? Or your Queen, federation of States, or monarchy is smarter. I think not. We all have our unique problems.

I think the virus got the jump early on Italy & Spain, and Australia would have been the same if it was as densely populated and slow to react.  I'm not being unfair - I think all of the world didn't know what was coming when it got its first cases.

What is telling is that once they did get their act into gear, the death rates of these countries fell astronomically.  So too did their infection rates.  Italy learnt its lessons and implemented appropriate practices and measures, and you know how many people are dying there each day now?  Single digits.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JosephM said:

I don't think you understand Trump or what he is working with to make such a claim. I give him an A.

That's good.  That's what a democracy is about.  Good luck to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PaulS said:

It's not about my glorious, sunburnt country of open plains and beaches trumping (no pun intended) the horror of a covid-ridden US at war with itself. :)

You can't believe everything you read. In fact 50 % is made up and the other 50 is questionable.  I wouldn' trade living here for anywhere else in the world. No war here in the villages. Yhe protesters know better than to venture here. 3000 active gun club members. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PaulS said:

What is telling is that once they did get their act into gear, the death rates of these countries fell astronomically.  So too did their infection rates.  Italy learnt its lessons and implemented appropriate practices and measures, and you know how many people are dying there each day now?  Single digits.  

Or a degree of herd immunity that you don't believe exists. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JosephM said:

Or a degree of herd immunity that you don't believe exists. 🙂

I prefer the evidence provided by science over any 'belief'.  The science (the longest running covid19 study to be conducted in the world) says covid antibodies (as any antibodies typically required for immunity, according to science) whither within 3-months so that less than 17% of people previously infected can prevent reinfection.

You seem to 'believe' these scientists are mistaken and that most people will somehow resist reinfection, even though they don't have enough antibodies (which according to the science of immunology would be normally required) and you base this on which scientific study again?  Now that's true 'belief'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PaulS said:

 

Not sure where you get your data from Burl but it is clearly an erroneous source if you think that covid only endangers octogenarians in long term care.  Yes, they are the highest at-risk group by far, but people in all age brackets, from babies to aged care (and without underlying health issues) have died from the virus.

Your society is not getting destroyed.  Suck it up for a few months and you will largely be okay.

I keep track of the stats every day.  There are a few outliers, but overall cv kills less than flu or pneumonia and the mean age of deaths here is 80.

Now it has almost disappeared.  I do read about the lockdowns in Victoria and the camps in New Zealand so ymmv.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Burl said:

I keep track of the stats every day.  There are a few outliers, but overall cv kills less than flu or pneumonia and the mean age of deaths here is 80.

Now it has almost disappeared.  I do read about the lockdowns in Victoria and the camps in New Zealand so ymmv.

Okay, so now that you acknowledge outliers (your actual understanding of statistics yet to be revealed) I guess you're no longer saying that covid only endangers octogenarians in long term care.  

CV kills less than flu and pneumonia?  What, are you talking over the history of man?  Tell me - how many people have died from flu and pneumonia in the US in the last 6 months?  I don't think you are keeping a very good track of statistics, just quietly.

Covid has nearly disappeared in the US?  If that is the case, you are very lucky Burl (to live in the world you live in) unlike the cursed state of Victoria and that camp in Zealand! :)  Camps!  Really, where do you get this stuff?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JosephM said:

You don't know what is going on here Paul. You live in Australia. Small business has been sucking it up for many months now and perhaps 1/3 to half of them have been destroyed already. So tell your own countrymen to suck it up and stay out of our business..🙂😛

Even one in Australia can read and watch the news and speak to friends in the States - Paul seems to have an incredible grasp of our situation.

And if we did suck it up earlier, if our president, and governors followings his lead, asked us to sacrifice and modeled it, if he had not directed us to open prematurely - those businesses would not be in such a desperate way. Now they might have to suck it up longer for the good of all and so they can open and stay open. But that won't happen without leadership which we are surely lacking.

 

 

New poll: 67 percent of the American people don't trust the trumpster

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, PaulS said:

CV kills less than flu and pneumonia?  What, are you talking over the history of man?  Tell me - how many people have died from flu and pneumonia in the US in the last 6 months?  I don't think you are keeping a very good track of statistics, just quietly.

The second tine this has been pointed out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do love the trumpster calling anyone, especially a woman, nasty. It's such a wimpy thing for a man to say, "you're nasty." And coming from this clown it makes it all the more absurd.

Now he is on another 'birther rant" - all the obese one does is repeat himself: retreads upon retreads.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

And the very idea of limiting the vote, threatening the post office, is so un-American that any who support it, along with the orange trumpster, is complicit.

Be a man Donald and wage a campaign worthy of the people (not yourself) and model the best of America: win or lose fairly - and deal with it either way. Sadly he never has and one only hopes that other Americans - Republican, Democrat and Independent - see his bull and opposes it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thormas said:

And the very idea of limiting the vote, threatening the post office, is so un-American that any who support it, along with the orange trumpster, is complicit.

Be a man Donald and wage a campaign worthy of the people (not yourself) and model the best of America: win or lose fairly - and deal with it either way. Sadly he never has and one only hopes that other Americans - Republican, Democrat and Independent - see his bull and opposes it.

Thomas ,

Why don't you tweet your thoughts to President Trump himself instead of thinking you are some kind of all knowing  judge, jury and executioner here! You seem pretty good at ranting yourself. We acknowledge your hate and despise for him so why don't you think about just letting  it go and allow yourself to heal? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PaulS said:

Okay, so now that you acknowledge outliers (your actual understanding of statistics yet to be revealed) I guess you're no longer saying that covid only endangers octogenarians in long term care.  

CV kills less than flu and pneumonia?  What, are you talking over the history of man?  Tell me - how many people have died from flu and pneumonia in the US in the last 6 months?  I don't think you are keeping a very good track of statistics, just quietly.

Covid has nearly disappeared in the US?  If that is the case, you are very lucky Burl (to live in the world you live in) unlike the cursed state of Victoria and that camp in Zealand! :)  Camps!  Really, where do you get this stuff?

This is caused by unnecessary Covid controls.

 https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/stunning-photos-desperate-provisions-thousands-cars-line-texas-food-bank?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+(zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JosephM said:

Thomas ,

Why don't you tweet your thoughts to President Trump himself instead of thinking you are some kind of all knowing  judge, jury and executioner here! You seem pretty good at ranting yourself. We acknowledge your hate and despise for him so why don't you think about just letting  it go and allow yourself to heal? 

Because Thormas has no knowledge of what President Trump has accomplished.  He is only concerned about his President’s words and appearance as conveyed by partisan media propaganda.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JosephM said:

Thomas ,

Why don't you tweet your thoughts to President Trump himself instead of thinking you are some kind of all knowing  judge, jury and executioner here! You seem pretty good at ranting yourself. We acknowledge your hate and despise for him so why don't you think about just letting  it go and allow yourself to heal? 

I do love that you bring such humor to these discussions Joseph - it's so refreshing,

But good gawd you do get a little testy when one rightly criicizes the orange man. Sadly like so many defenders of 'he who golfs while Americans die' you attack when one simply points to his oh so many flaws, lies, racist remarks, attacks on women and general incompetence dealing with a pandemic, an economic crisis and a racial unrest. And that is only this week.😷

I did enjoy it when a reporter called him on lies (how many is it now?) and if he would be apologizing to the American people and the trumpster appeared stumped and then blew him off and moved to another question. I sort of felt for the the old orange guy for a second since his delimma was either tell the truth and admit to all his lies or (as is his default setting) lie and .......well there we go again. I'm sure he thought it was a, wait for it............nasty question. I am tickled when this big guy who bullies and demeans everyone calls a strong woman who confronts his incompetence, nasty.

His next cognitive test will be: person, NASTY, man,  camera, TV.  Sadly there will be no extra points and the women will remember.

So Joe: not judge, not yet,,,,,,,,,that happens on 11/3/2020; definitely part of the jury as are all American citizens; and, never an executioner although a version of that awaits him in the courts when he leaves office.........and that will be NASTY.

 

I actually not only don't hate him but I wished him well on the day after the election, hoping (and praying) that the incredible weight of the office and the realization that he was to be the President of us all would descend on him - sadly and to this day, it has never happened. And from day one, the lies and then the bullying, and the attacking tweets and the whining and the increasing incompetence - yes it got worse and worse brought us to a point where any and all who - with eyes to see and ears to hear - had to speak up and simply say Enough. I hate what he has done and continues do in and to this country and its people (and now he seeks to impact the vote with one (rehashed) conspiracy theory and demean a (strong) woman with another conspiracy theory). Same old, same old.

Hopefully we can all 'let it go and begin to heal' on 11/3/2020 as the majority of the people in the USA and the people of he world have grown weary of this unstable dunce who sits naked behind the Resolute for all the world to see. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Burl said:

Because Thormas has no knowledge of what President Trump has accomplished.  He is only concerned about his President’s words and appearance as conveyed by partisan media propaganda.

Oh Burl, the great man behind 'Heathens' - to not recognize this oval office occupant is the truest heathen (and that is insulting heathens). Heathens as unbelievers - what does this trumpster believe in - other than himself, even at the expense of others?

Actually I have liked many Republicans, have voted for Republicans and I like certain policies they back - but this trumpster is no Republican  (just ask so many true Republicans who have left the party or the less courageous ones who cower in Congress and long for their freedom).

But the bottom line, my friend, is that this is not a good man, not an ethical man, not a man who truly loves and serves America and all its people - he is a narcissist, who loves himself and there are no others before him - even those on whose behalf he swore an oath. And don't fret about judgment - the man proves on a daily basis just who he is and what he values, and sometimes we must see what is there and name it for what it is; we must decide and respond - for the sake of others, for the sake of all. 

Accomplishments, even any(?) that aren' tarnished by this man, do not excuse the man himself. Sometimes "NO!" is the most powerful response and No! hopefully will resound throughout the land on 11/3/2020.

To support such a man because of "what he has accomplished" is a compromise that is too high a price for me and a majority of Americans. I am not a betting man but I suspect him being with the goats on the last day ☹️

 

Edited by thormas
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

terms of service