Hello From Minnesota

Stan

I was born and raised in upstate New York. I have lived in Texas, Alabama, and Canada. For the last 17 years I have lived in Minnesota. I was raised a Roman Catholic and I briefly studied in a seminary. After leaving the seminary I was quickly drafted into the military, which began my wandering through secular life for the next four plus decades with my wife of forty-three years. I have never found a real religious home, but recently I have realized that I can spiritually be called a Progressive Christian. Now I am searching for a local progressive Christian church -- in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area -- to grow in. Does anyone have a church to recommend to me?

Welcome, Stan! Glad you found us! I was born and raised in Elmira. Moved to Texas in '79 though. NY was too cold for me! :) Sorry, but I can't recommend a church in the area you're in. Perhaps someone else here might know. But welcome to the forum! Jump in wherever you'd like.

Hi, Stan,

Here is a link for the churches in Minnesota that are affliated with the Center for Progressive Christianity.

http://www.tcpc.org/DirectorySearch/ResultList.cfm?type=A&txtName=&ind_type=&org_type=998&country=&state=MN&denomination=&Submit=Search

The site that refers the most people to our church website is gaychurch.org.

Dutch

• 2 weeks later...

Archived