What is the "Word of God"?

Elen1107

2 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

The Commandments stay till the end of the world. Matthew 5:17-18. Does this world has PASSED away?

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Yes the world has passed away. But of course, perhaps not for some as yourself at this point in time. Jesus words were spirit and truth, not literal. 

And as Paul said in Galatians Tell me, you that desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? 22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a female slave, the other by a free woman. 23But he who was of the female slave was born after the flesh; but he of the free woman was by promise. 24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which engenders to bondage, which is Agar. 25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answers to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/15/2020 at 4:23 PM, thormas said:

And let me teach you: the first 4 are summed up in the 1st great commandment and the remaining 6 are 'summed' up by the 2nd great commandment. And of course if one truly loves God then they love their neighbor and, conversely, if one truly loves their neighbor, then they love God. 

No one has said or suggested the commandments don't 'stay till the end of the world' - however, in truth, all the commandments are to Love.

Actually some of the commandments are stated in the negative, such as 'thou shalt not'............but the 2 great commandments put a positive spin on it: thou mayest Love.

You're welcome.

Do you love the Sabbath? Yes? Why don't you keep it? 

On 9/15/2020 at 5:42 PM, JosephM said:

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Yes the world has passed away. But of course, perhaps not for some as yourself at this point in time. Jesus words were spirit and truth, not literal. 

And as Paul said in Galatians Tell me, you that desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? 22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a female slave, the other by a free woman. 23But he who was of the female slave was born after the flesh; but he of the free woman was by promise. 24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which engenders to bondage, which is Agar. 25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answers to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Sorry my friend, you don't understand the scriptures. You are just following men teaching. 

1 hour ago, Pipiripi said:

Do you love the Sabbath? Yes? Why don't you keep it? 

Actually I love God.

Not sure why you harp on this one commandment. Does this mean you're okay with stealing, coveting your neighbor's wife or killing - since these are never mentioned?

Plus you make assumptions about people and their keeping of the commandments. Should you be judging? Oops watch out for the plank in your eye.

Finally remember it is not the one who says "Lord, Lord" but the one who does the will of the Father.............to Love.

The most important part of the Catholic mass is the ending: "Go love and serve the Lord." You have heard the Word, you have eaten at the Lord's table, now go put up or shut up - go into the world and be the Christ.

On 9/17/2020 at 8:35 AM, Pipiripi said:

Sorry my friend, you don't understand the scriptures. You are just following men teaching. 

No man taught me that but it is okay with me if you want to remain in bondage to the covenant from Mount Sinai. Myself, i choose to be free.

6 hours ago, JosephM said:

No man taught me that but it is okay with me if you want to remain in bondage to the covenant from Mount Sinai. Myself, i choose to be free.

Check this in your Bible if it is from only the Old Testament. 

Revelation 12:17 and Revelation 14:12

16 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

Don't you have never read Isaiah 14:12-14. 

Zachariah 3:1-2. Ask me I can help you know the scriptures. 

I doubt you can help me as it seems you don't understand them that well yourself (this might help you understand your misunderstanding of these quotes - https://evidenceforchristianity.org/what-is-the-correct-interpretation-of-isaiah-14r/).

Like I said - the Devil isn't mentioned in the OT.  You are confusing what you have been taught by men with what is actually written in the scriptures.  Can you show me one OT reference that says "the Devil"?

Attached is very informative article that might help you better understand how 'Satan' of the New Testament was developed contrary to what satan was in Judaism and the Hebrew Bible.

Sweeney (1).pdf

On 9/21/2020 at 6:24 AM, PaulS said:

I doubt you can help me as it seems you don't understand them that well yourself (this might help you understand your misunderstanding of these quotes - https://evidenceforchristianity.org/what-is-the-correct-interpretation-of-isaiah-14r/).

Like I said - the Devil isn't mentioned in the OT.  You are confusing what you have been taught by men with what is actually written in the scriptures.  Can you show me one OT reference that says "the Devil"?

Attached is very informative article that might help you better understand how 'Satan' of the New Testament was developed contrary to what satan was in Judaism and the Hebrew Bible.

Sweeney (1).pdf 73.56 kB · 0 downloads

Maybe Revelation 12:1-17 can prove you what or who is the devil. You are searching for the name devil, read Revelation and you will see. The devil has existence before the World has created. 

On 9/21/2020 at 6:19 AM, thormas said:

Now you're saying "the devil did it." Then it's definitely not the word of God. 

I am just talking about how that you are seeing things without any understanding. Go here and take a look my friend. 

end-times-prophecy.org 

7 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

I am just talking about how that you are seeing things without any understanding. Go here and take a look my friend. 

end-times-prophecy.org 

Continually promoting this website, which erroneously presents the message of Jesus, does seem to be your common theme here.  Is it your website, Pipiripi?

I have already said that I find that website sad.  It promotes disinformation and a poor understanding of what Jesus was about.  You would do better, I think, to learn more about Jesus.  Not just what like minded people to you have told you, but do some proper, scholarly learning for yourself.  I can assure you, much will be revealed if you go into such an undertaking with a more open mind.  Also, it is harmful to others to try and scare them into religion.  Many people suffer anxiety and depression because preachers, family, friends and loved ones promote that sort of message which simply isn't factual based on what we know about Jesus.

If you are genuinely interested in understanding the Bible, who wrote its various elements over the centuries, in what context (societal, cultural, religous) and what the various authors meant at the particular time, then I encourage you to be open to learning more instead of this dogged focus of an erroneous interpretation of scripture.  Too many Christians have been doing this for too long.  You don't even seem to understand that satan in the Hebrew bible has nothing to do with who you think 'the Devil' is in the New Testament.  

Learn Pipiripi, learn.  I wish you well and hope you may take up my challenge and question these things.

4 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

Maybe Revelation 12:1-17 can prove you what or who is the devil. You are searching for the name devil, read Revelation and you will see. The devil has existence before the World has created. 

Not according to the Hebrew Bible.  Why do you ignore that?

Sweeney (1).pdf

12 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

end-times-prophecy.org 

Pip, there is no devil..........there is only God in whom we have our being. We don't need a 'devil' to tempt us (or blame), we are surrounded by self-centeredness and, if we opt for it, we are blameworthy.

There are not two powers, there is no such duality, there is only the One who is Alpha & Omega.

I have no interest in end-time conspiracy theories or misinterpretations of the book of Revelation. 

17 hours ago, thormas said:

Pip, there is no devil..........there is only God in whom we have our being. We don't need a 'devil' to tempt us (or blame), we are surrounded by self-centeredness and, if we opt for it, we are blameworthy.

There are not two powers, there is no such duality, there is only the One who is Alpha & Omega.

I have no interest in end-time conspiracy theories or misinterpretations of the book of Revelation. 

My friend you don't even not know your Bible. Because you just have makes your own believe that cannot prove nothing. The Devil or Satan love that people says that he not exist. And the Bible is clear about him. I know that you are an Atheist try to squeeze the Word of God. Read Genesis 2. Read Revelation 12:1-18. Ask questions if you don't no nothing about Christianity. 

12 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

My friend you don't even not know your Bible. Because you just have makes your own believe that cannot prove nothing. The Devil or Satan love that people says that he not exist. And the Bible is clear about him. I know that you are an Atheist try to squeeze the Word of God. Read Genesis 2. Read Revelation 12:1-18. Ask questions if you don't no nothing about Christianity. 

Oh Pip, poor Pip..............

You read the Bible literally and, in spite of Paul's best efforts to provide reading material, you have no idea how to read the Bible, understand its construction or that it is the insights of men in different ages and not direct revelation from on high.  

No one can prove anything either way............and I believe God is 'sad' that people (you) fall back on the illusion of a devil, judge others for not accepting that illusion and forget the commandment of Love. You take words from the Bible and make of them idols to worship or fear ............and forget that it is simply all about love of others. 

We can go on like this forever Pip and as long as you present nonsense, some of us will continue to correct that ill informed presentation. 

Edited by JosephM
word strike through - JosephM

On 9/12/2020 at 11:26 AM, Pipiripi said:

Just like you my friend. Are you keeping the 10 Commandments?

Pipiripi,

If the 10 commandments are so important to God, what is your explanation for God not sharing these with other cultures in the world for several thousand years after their issue to Moses?  For instance, the aboriginal people of Australia never even heard of the bible or a monotheistic version of God before Europeans started arriving in Australia in the 1600's (and aboriginal people had been in Australia for some 70-90,000 years before then).  Why would God want to deny such cultures these 10 commandments for thousands of years?  On that basis, why wouldn't God want aboriginal people to know the 'good news' of a saving Jesus for nearly two millenia?