Basic Introduction

Mani

I am very happy to find this site and maybe connect with some like minded people. I am a former Fundamentalist Pentecostal Preacher who is now an Independant Apostolic Bishop. I administer a small Gnostic Universalist organization. I am actively engaged in a few different interreligious organizations in the town in which I live. I have returned to school to pursue my Graduate studies in History, and I teach Martial Arts. Those are the basics :D .

I look forward to getting to know you.

Thank you

Mani

Thank you for your responses.

Dutch, I think you might find that we have more in common than not. The stated Principles of Progressive Christianity are virtually identical to my own approach. In fact, the main reason I am here, is that I was giving a lecture this weekend and one of the participants asked if I were a part of the Progressive Christian movement. I have been aware of the movement for some time, but after that comment I thought it might be nice to get to know some of you.

Thank you, again

Mani

Thank you all for your responses, and Soma, thank you for kind words.

After looking over this site I have noticed a polemical Gnostic presence. I am sorry for this. Because of that presence, I feel I must say the following...

I am not here to convince anyone to "convert" to a Gnostic path (that is not our way). Nor am I here to argue points of scripture or theology. I am here because I believe in the principles that you proclaim. I am here to participate, and get to know my brothers and sisters in Christ (however Christ is viewed). And to learn. I have only recently heard of Process Theology and Progressive Christianity, and have found an almost exact echo of my own convictions (balance it with a Falliblist perspective and you have what I believe). I am a guest and student here.

Thank you, and I truly hope to get to know all of you beyond any need for polemical debate.

mani

ps - there are a lot of misconceptions about Gnosticism (even among Gnostics). If anyone is curious, I am open to answering questions, just not on this forum. As has been stated, this is not a Gnsotic forum. Email me privately, and we can talk. As I said above, there are more similarities than differences in our beliefs.

again, thank you for your kind welcome

mani

I am a guest and student here.

I also hope you can be a teacher as I know next to nothing about what is considered gnosticism. You say you are willing to answer question... sadly I am not informed enough to know what to ask.

welcome Steve

Archived