Another Newbie

AdrianC

Hello all,

Brief intro:

I am interested in Christianity and faith in general, and how it could be a force for good in the world.

From about 2002 untill 2010 I would have labelled myself "Christian".

It was a rapid learning curve and I went through various stages of faith, from know-nothing to born-again to doubting to "it's all metaphor", to where I am now.

Where am I now? Hard to determine. Searching.

I have enjoyed books by McLaren, Borg, Spong, Cox.

I have enjoyed sermons and talks by the Campolo's (father and son), Spong, Dowd.

Currently listening to Michael Dowd and Connie Barlow's podcasts and enjoying them very much.

Currently reading "The Evolution of God" by Robert Wright.

I will hang around for a while and check things out. I hope to be able to learn and to contribute.

Peace,

AdrianC

Welcome Adrian,

If you have enjoyed some of those authors mentioned you will not be alone here. I don't read much myself but we do have many here who do and have read many books by the authors mentioned. There is no well defined or fixed doctrine or dogma here and all searchers are welcome. Those who identify as progressive Christians in general agreement with the 8 points are welcome to participate in all areas. Those who do not are welcome to participate in all areas except the Progressive Christianity forum area and some slight restricitons in the Spong Subcriber forum.

Again welcome to the community as we look forward to your participation and our mutual benefit by sharing one with another.

Joseph

Adrian,

Welcome. I look forward to your participation.

FWIW, I just finished Wright's Evolution of God. It was well written and well researched. I thought the comparisons of Jesus and Muhammad were particularly interesting.

George

Welcome Adrian, You and Pete are not newbies because you have journeyed near and far, inside and out to find this forum. Your inner Divinity and ours has brought us altogether to hasten our journey to no where. May we all expand our consciousness with collective help. Look forward to your post.

Archived