Hello To All!

robertmaynord

Hello,

By way of introduction -- I have an M.Div. and an M.A. in Arts & Consciousness Studies. I came across this board while exploring emerging Christianity, the Wild Goose Festival, Evolutionary Christianity, Marcus Borg, Brian McLaren, and so forth. I have a background in art, music,spirituality and social justice.

While it seems that some folks are interested in "reforming" the church, my experience has been that the power structures have a major interest in maintaining the status quo. So, whenever I hear of smaller collaborative groups exploring their journey it really interests me. On the other hand I get a big charge out of an occasional high liturgy with all the spectacle. Go figure!

At any rate, I enjoy interaction with other folks who see Christianity as a way of living, rather than a system of achievements and rewards.

Thanks for reading...

Robert

Hi Robert,

Just on my way out at the door and caught your intro here and wanted to say welcome to the community. While we have some folks already here that are interested in "reforming" the church, my experience is similar to yours with the traditional church system. However i do applaud those who do plug away at "reforming" in any way they can. Looking forward to your participation here.

Joseph

Guest billmc

Welcome, Robert. I, too, appreciate what the emerging church is doing. I'm a fan of all those you've mentioned as well as Brian McLaren, Shane Clayborn, Rob Bell, Doug Pagitt, etc. Glad you found us! Jump into any of these conversations or start one of your own. The water is fine!

Bill Mc

Welcome Robert. You might find some interesting pickings in the Evolutionary Christianity thread. There's some links to Michael Dowd's site and if you haven't come across him before Mclaren and others feature there.

Hello,

By way of introduction -- I have an M.Div. and an M.A. in Arts & Consciousness Studies. I came across this board while exploring emerging Christianity, the Wild Goose Festival, Evolutionary Christianity, Marcus Borg, Brian McLaren, and so forth. I have a background in art, music,spirituality and social justice.

While it seems that some folks are interested in "reforming" the church, my experience has been that the power structures have a major interest in maintaining the status quo. So, whenever I hear of smaller collaborative groups exploring their journey it really interests me. On the other hand I get a big charge out of an occasional high liturgy with all the spectacle. Go figure!

At any rate, I enjoy interaction with other folks who see Christianity as a way of living, rather than a system of achievements and rewards.

Thanks for reading...

Robert

While I lack your credentials, I share your worldview! I too enjoy a good sacred choir and watching the ancient pageantry. However, whenever looking for a community of believers (whether they be Christian or whatever), I look for HOW the community serves their fellow creatures.

Welcome to the Forum!

NORM

Archived