Where Is Everyone?

McKenna

Hey y'all!

Whenever I sign on here, we have at least several guests plus one or two members. We currently have 711 registered members, including many new members who never introduced themselves, and our "most users ever online" was May 15th of this year - less than a month ago! It sounds like a lot of people visit here frequently, but hardly anyone posts! So where is everyone? :)

If you hang out here a lot, please post! Introduce yourselves! This board is awfully quiet and I think it could be a lot more exciting (although I do love it already :) ) if everyone who visits a lot would join in the discussion! :D

Hope to hear from y'all! :)

• 3 months later...

Not long ago, I wrote this: "I have ave found that fundamentalists often simply talk past progressive or liberal Christians. Over forty years ago, I concluded that the arguments voiced by the fundamentalists whom I knew were “clear, simple, mechanical, and wrong.” I let other people deal with them, but I do not engage in much dialogue with fundamentalists. Life is simply not long enough." However, this was not always the case and it is even less the case these days. I learn much from fundamentalists. Often they are more radical than progressive Christians I know are. Think about groups such as the Mennonites. Consider some recent books from Baker. Consider Bishop Tom Wright. I think that much fundamentalist thinking these days is anything but "clear, simple, mechanical, or wrong." <_<:o:P

Not long ago, I wrote this: "I have ave found that fundamentalists often simply talk past progressive or liberal Christians. Over forty years ago, I concluded that the arguments voiced by the fundamentalists whom I knew were “clear, simple, mechanical, and wrong.” I let other people deal with them, but I do not engage in much dialogue with fundamentalists. Life is simply not long enough." However, this was not always the case and it is even less the case these days. I learn much from fundamentalists. Often they are more radical than progressive Christians I know are. Think about groups such as the Mennonites. Consider some recent books from Baker. Consider Bishop Tom Wright. I think that much fundamentalist thinking these days is anything but "clear, simple, mechanical, or wrong." <_<:o:P

This isn't relevant to the thread in the least, at least not as far as I can tell.

Also, N. T. Wright isn't a fundamentalist. He's conservative in his theology, but that doesn't automatically make him a fundamentalist.

This isn't relevant to the thread in the least, at least not as far as I can tell.

Also, N. T. Wright isn't a fundamentalist. He's conservative in his theology, but that doesn't automatically make him a fundamentalist.

I apologize. I misread the thread. No, Bishop Wright is not a fundamentalist. I did not write that I post clearly. Again I agologize, What I meant to say is that he theologically conservative but politically progressive.

I apologize. I misread the thread. No, Bishop Wright is not a fundamentalist. I did not write that I post clearly. Again I agologize, What I meant to say is that he theologically conservative but politically progressive.

Okay, I kind of get what you were trying to say :) Maybe you can start another thread somewhere so the subject can be discussed :)

• 4 weeks later...

Where is everyone? I sure wish I new. I have to admit it might be my fault that it is so quiet because I have tended over the years to be quiet and thoroughly enjoy the threads. I haven't always added so much. Does anyone have any theories as to why the slowdown. Sincerely Bob ve

Does anyone have any theories as to why the slowdown.

Our spiritual evolution takes us on so many journeys, which enriches our experience so we can unite with more individuals when we return. may we all return and share our joy time and time again.

Where is everyone? I sure wish I new. I have to admit it might be my fault that it is so quiet because I have tended over the years to be quiet and thoroughly enjoy the threads. I haven't always added so much. Does anyone have any theories as to why the slowdown. Sincerely Bob ve

There is really not much to say. It seems to me in a sense that words are meaningless and Experiencing is everything.... then again these are just words.

Love and Peace,

JM

Hi there, Bob ve. Gosh, I haven't been on for a while, and when I read your post, I felt so sad that you seem to be taking on a burden that's not yours to shoulder. So don't give yourself such a hard time. You have a lot of your plate, and when you do decide to write something, you show respect and concern for others. This is more than I can say for some people who post.

Part of the reason things are so messed up on Planet Earth is that the people connected to their hearts and souls are easily manipulated into feeling guilty about, well, about almost everything. And the people who are not being their best selves are quick to take advantage of that. The good news is that although we, as humans, can't always tell the difference between the heart-based people and the ego-based people, God can. There's no way to bluff God the Mother and God the Father.

As Progressive Christians, we'll just have to try to muddle our way through as best we can with God's help.

Part of "muddling our way through" might be to learn more from each other on this site.

Love Jen

There is really not much to say. It seems to me in a sense that words are meaningless and Experiencing is everything.... then again these are just words.

Joseph, you're very fond of saying things like "then again these are just words" or "just some thoughts to consider." Yet you've put 198 posts on this site. That's a lot of posts for a man who thinks words are meaningless and Experiencing is everything. Whatever is that you're trying to Experience, you seem to use a lot of words to tell us that you don't need the words. Good luck with that.

Jen

Hi there, Bob ve. Gosh, I haven't been on for a while, and when I read your post, I felt so sad that you seem to be taking on a burden that's not yours to shoulder. So don't give yourself such a hard time. You have a lot of your plate, and when you do decide to write something, you show respect and concern for others. This is more than I can say for some people who post.

Part of the reason things are so messed up on Planet Earth is that the people connected to their hearts and souls are easily manipulated into feeling guilty about, well, about almost everything. And the people who are not being their best selves are quick to take advantage of that. The good news is that although we, as humans, can't always tell the difference between the heart-based people and the ego-based people, God can. There's no way to bluff God the Mother and God the Father.

As Progressive Christians, we'll just have to try to muddle our way through as best we can with God's help.

Part of "muddling our way through" might be to learn more from each other on this site.

Love Jen

I sure do learn from this community and your reply Jen speaks volumes too me. More than you could ever imagine. thanks. Bob ve

Joseph, you're very fond of saying things like "then again these are just words" or "just some thoughts to consider." Yet you've put 198 posts on this site. That's a lot of posts for a man who thinks words are meaningless and Experiencing is everything. Whatever is that you're trying to Experience, you seem to use a lot of words to tell us that you don't need the words. Good luck with that.

Jen

Greetings Jen,

Perhaps I use those words to communicate that whatever I write is just thoughts for consideration and nothing more and perhaps I put little value on words and believe they are to be taken lightly and more emphasis to be on subjective experience. My average posting is less than 1 post every 2 days and if that is "a lot of words" to you then I guess that is your subjective experience and response. I hope all those words have not been an annoyance to you. There is never a requirement to agree with me or even to understand why I write the things I do. If I have helped anyone here on their journey I am thankful and if not then I am still thankful and it is what it is. My best wishes go to you on your spiritual journey.

Love Joseph

To All,

It is my view that one can spend endless lifetimes studying theologies and philosophical teachings and merely end up confused and discouraged. Or one can seek to 'know' rather than to 'know about' . To 'know' implies subjective experience raather than to accummulate facts. To experience completeness is complete and total in itself. Perhaps this site is filled with progressives who have little to say because many have progressed beyond them. Just some thoughts to consider...

Love and Peace,

JM

About a year ago, the host was really strict about people posting items which were also on their blogs. It discouraged me and I think it discouraged others. I don't think the current host has the same policy but the damage was done.

The person who does JESUS IS A LIBERAL was definitely discouraged and we lost a really good thinker.

People who push their blogs should be encouraged to post here icluding blog items and blog links, not discouraged.

love, john + http://www.abundancetrek.com & http://www.abundancetrek.com/blog + We are intimately, intricately and infinitely connected by a matrix of unconditional, unlimited and uniting love which is miraculous, mysterious and marvellous.

Archived