Should Liberals Have More Children ?

MOW

In a recent USA Today article, it was reported that people, on the left, tend to live alone. If they are partnered they tend have just one ,or no children . People on the right tend to have more children , according to the article. This is particularly true in America and in Europe. I don't think it's as true in Latin America.

I don't have the technical expertise to link the article, but I believe it's in today's ( 3/14/06 )USA Today.

The article goes on to discuss the consequences of this rightward shift in both America and Europe. Even if children of conservative parents rebel , they have no one their on age to discuss their ideas with: because children of progressives were never born .

Do liberals need to have more children?

MOW

Ummm...MOW, are you telling us to get busy ?

But I understand what you're saying. I think it has something to do with some sort of phenomenon that is working in society to separate and isolate those of us who have a liberal or progressive bent.

It first became noticeable to me beginning in 1986 when George I turned the word "liberal" into a profanity with his "L Word" comment that he used over, and over,and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...well you get the picture I think.

I don't think it has anything to do with liberals and progressives enjoying sex any less than conservatives. Correct me if I'm wrong.

flow.... :P

Gee, I don't know. I don't think progressivism will ever be as popular as conservatism, because it doesn't feel as safe. It is also prob. not wise to count the children before they have, er, hatched. Remember Ron Reagan Jr., etc. etc.

Or myself, I happened to have hatched from two CS parents. My sister is a born again. Who woulda thunk it.

--des