More Inflammatory Communication By Christian Right

mystictrek

READ > http://chuckcurrie.blogs.com/chuck_currie/...tian_commu.html < The Christian Right needs to learn how to reduce inflammatory communication rather than increase it. What's wrong with these people????

These are the same people who would be the first to take offense if Jesus or the flag was maligned in any way.

I am more determined than ever to promote a progressive and politically involved faith based on tolerance and respect and huge compassion for the poor and oppressed and alienated and marginalized. As the great Chief Justice, Earl Warren, said; "What the world needs now is a political definition of compassion." Economic and social justice is a major theme of the Bible from start to finish. Some people read it and don't notice that for some reason. Working with people of other faiths in a respectful way is essential now on this ever-shrinking planet. I am really frustrated with the religious Right as they continue to twist and distort the teachings and values of our tradition in so many ways.

You are doing a great service because these people are not happy, and the cause is simply lost hope, confidence and the power of the ego to dominate their mind. It doesn't help that they are manipulated by ignorant ministers. We are not able to enjoy the feelings that come straight from the heart without tolerance and spiritual consciousness because it helps us to let go of the ego, to be ourselves and to live in the present moment. The young, the old, the sick and the weak can progress, if they constantly practice living in the present and not in the past or future. This takes tolerance, and an open mind to be successful. Success follows those that have tolerance and recognition of the circumstances surrounding them, not distracted looking too far back or forward. Manipulation of the mind has people looking back at negativity or forward to a narrow view of heaven. God is in the present guiding us away from the manipulators.

http://thinkunity.com

You are doing a great service because these people are  not happy, and  the cause is simply lost hope, confidence and the power of the ego to dominate their mind. It doesn't help that they are manipulated by ignorant ministers. We are not able to enjoy the feelings that come straight from the heart without tolerance and spiritual consciousness because it helps us to let go of the ego, to be ourselves and to live in the present moment. The young, the old, the sick and the weak can progress, if they constantly practice living in the present and not in the past or future. This takes tolerance, and an open mind to be successful.  Success follows those that have tolerance and recognition of the circumstances surrounding them, not distracted looking too far back or forward.  Manipulation of the mind has people looking back at negativity or forward to a narrow view of heaven. God is in the present guiding us away from the manipulators.

http://thinkunity.com

Hi Soma,

I believe when you said.."God is in the present,guiding us away from the manipulators", that you were right on target.

I've been in church services where the minieter would make a statement, and then LOUDLY say to the audience,"SAY IT!" If that isn't manipulation, I don't know what is.

I think one of the strongest enticements for fundlamentalism is the fact that people don't have to think for themselves. Their leaders do their thinking for them,and that's just fine with people who don't want to do the hard work of spiritual growth.

And you are so right about 'living in the moment'. It is our only hope for true progress in today's religious climate.

Blessings my friend,

Jerry

Jerry thanks in some Catholic churches they even have to tell the congregation when to stand up and sit down.

I am a Christian and sad to say that the world knows us as one big fool because it seems all the fundamentalist do is talk. For this vocal minority which the world thinks represents us all, everything is just words. You are right with a disciplined mind the way of the cross is clear and we reap a good harvest from our spiritual practice.

Sad to say, it seems that if the radical right of Christianity and other religions cannot have the future be exactly what they want it to be, they are perfectly willing to kill others and support the general destruction of life on earth instead, if need be.

They would rather choose death than life, which is of course the antithesis of the primary wishes of G-d.

What a mess !!

flow.... :(