Hello, Good To Find This Place!

annalisa

Hi, I'm glad to have found this forum. Been watching the site for sometime and searching for a church. Got some thoughts, ponderings and questions.

I'm a 45 year old mom and wife whose been searching for meaning in my life. I'm at a crossroads and looking to see how others have chose their current paths.

Annalisa,

Great to have you here. As far as your question concerning choosing a path, it seems to me more like the path choose me. Who can say why we are at this very moment? True Choice or fate?

Love in Christ,

Joseph

Hi and welcome aboard annalisa. I think similarly to Joseph that the path chooses us, but that it has forks that allow us at least some choice. I wish you well and look forward to your participation here.

Hi, I'm glad to have found this forum. Been watching the site for sometime and searching for a church. Got some thoughts, ponderings and questions.

I'm a 45 year old mom and wife whose been searching for meaning in my life. I'm at a crossroads and looking to see how others have chose their current paths.

Hi, glad to greet you.

I'm the resident "quote" person, at this moment in time the words of Thomas Merton seem apt.........He spoke of the road to joy that is mysteriously revealed to us without our exactly realising it. This in a letter to a very young girl who had drawn him a picture of a house. Merton replied to her, saying the house looked really nice, but alas, there was no road to it. So the little girl sent another picture, this time with a path leading to the house.

The only thing I can say is that I often give thanks that some of the choices I have made seem not to have come to fruition, this because where I find myself is often so joyously unexpected.

Anyway, enough waffle.

All the best

tariki

(Derek)

anallisa, The Socaratic Method is one teaches by asking questions. The questions seem to guide one to the ultimate goal. If one is teaching using this method then one does not like another giving the answer to a friend as the growth comes from the struggle to find the answer, the mis-takes and the speculation. It seems your teacher is asking the question inside you and when you find the answer inside you, I am sure another question will appear. You are being guided from within, salutations to you and your teacher who are one and the same. Soma

Archived