Letter To A Friend

Christopher Sly

Letter to a friend

Hello to all. Earlier today, I mentioned to my sister that I had discovered something called progressive Christianity. It seemed, correct me if I'm wrong, that I could be a progressive Christian without believing that Jesus had to be more than a great hero of the people who fed the hungry, and healed the sick, and who went searching in the desert for an answer to God's question, and who returned, to set the people free. In my book, this is a great big deal, major hero work. There was a time in my life when I was trapped inside of righteous wrath, and it was the teachings of Jesus that set me free. And I was grateful.

My sister responded that she didn't believe you could call yourself a Christian unless you believed Jesus was the son of God, and rose from the dead. Thus, she is not a Christian, despite her Christian ethics. But I am at her house, and tomorrow, my niece will arrive here, and that is very much what my niece believes. I love my niece. She is a fantastic mother, an awesome person, but she believes that the bible is the literal word of God, as my mother did. I do not. If I told her I was a Christian, it would not go well. But in my heart, I am a Christian, and a Taoist, and a little bit of a Buddhist, and a writer focused on the hero character and the hero story.

My hero character is the grateful seeker. It is the hero's grateful heart that compels them to help the people with their problems, and it is their seeking mind that enables them to practice the solution process. I took a little look around when I got here. Ya'll got a hero vibe. That's why I'm here. I have questions for grateful seekers. There is a story I have been working on for awhile that needs a happy ending.

Man's inhumanity to man.

“Unless the hero writes the ending to the people's story, it is going to be a tragedy.”

I have a really crazy idea, even for me. I'm here to pitch my solution to the problem of man's inhumanity to man to a grateful seeker audience, because I am all alone out here on this one, and I could really use some feedback. I uploaded a free video to CNN ireports where I try to define the problem, and offer my solution. I would like to start a thread on it. Is that OK? Am I misusing this forum?

Welcome Christopher Sly,

You should feel right at home here from what you write. You are most definitely not alone and i'm certain your questions will be welcomed by this diverse and respectful community and the views you may encounter here. From my experience, it has been a good place for sorting out things that people may need to sort out without being judged or told what you must believe to consider yourself a Christian. You are most welcome to pitch your solution to mans inhumanity in a thread in the debate and dialog area and you may receive responses from PC's, Taoists, Buddhists, Agnostics or others who would like to dialog with you. If you only want to hear from those who consider themselves Progressive Christians then the progressive area would be more appropriate.

Again Welcome,

Joseph

My hero character is the grateful seeker. It is the hero's grateful heart that compels them to help the people with their problems, and it is their seeking mind that enables them to practice the solution process. I took a little look around when I got here. Ya'll got a hero vibe. That's why I'm here. I have questions for grateful seekers. There is a story I have been working on for awhile that needs a happy ending.

Man's inhumanity to man.

“Unless the hero writes the ending to the people's story, it is going to be a tragedy.”

I have a really crazy idea, even for me. I'm here to pitch my solution to the problem of man's inhumanity to man to a grateful seeker audience, because I am all alone out here on this one, and I could really use some feedback. I uploaded a free video to CNN ireports where I try to define the problem, and offer my solution. I would like to start a thread on it. Is that OK? Am I misusing this forum?

You might do well to take a look at Grail mythology. This also deals with the seeker, among many other themes, and I think your story may well fit into the same tradition.

Nice to meet you. :)

Archived