Hello Everyone

Mike

Hi everybody. Thought I might as well introduce myself a little more formally since I've been enjoying this forum so much (despite only having made 3 posts so far). I’m pretty new to progressive Christianity though certainly not to Christianity generally. I was raised a Baptist fundamentalist, began doubting my beliefs at the typical age, and have been very interested in religion and life’s big questions ever since (which is not comparatively long since I’m 22 years old). I’m currently a member of a liberal-minded Presbyterian church, which I joined after several years of non church attendance, not the least reason being because I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 5 months ago, kind of shaking me off my “I’m invincible and will live forever” train of thought. I am hoping to organize a local progressive faith worship/prayer/study group in the near future and have found this forum and website valuable as I’m in the process of brainstorming. Anyway, hope to get to know everybody in the days to come.

God bless,

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

Im new here too. Great to find a place like this. I started out in a baptist church also.

That was some 30 odd years ago , but I can remember feeling so stiffled there.

Its been many many years until I found this group and have come to know others like those who are here. What great news. I hated trying to stuff myself "in the box" and I did that for a long long time. Doing that can sooo wither your soul.! This is a breath of fresh air.

Anyway welcome. So glad to meet all of you here :)

Kris

Hi Mike,

Im new here too. Great to find a place like this. I started out in a baptist church also.

That was some 30 odd years ago , but I can remember feeling so stiffled there.

Its been many many years until I found this group and have come to know others like those who are here. What great news. I hated trying to stuff myself "in the box" and I did that for a long long time. Doing that can sooo wither your soul.! This is a breath of fresh air.

Anyway welcome. So glad to meet all of you here :)

Kris

Welcome Kris and Mike from Bob ve

Archived