Connecting to God

Noodles

I was wondering what y'all do to connect to God. It can be something you do alone, in a small group, church, etc. Like at my church, we have taize service once a month. When we do taize, we light candles, have music & readings, meditate, put oil, pray, sometimes do a labyrinth. 

I'm looking for more ways to connect to God. I'd like to hear your suggestions if you have them. I have ADHD, so my attention span isn't great, but I've found that taize helps me connect to God. 

I'm a little bit like Rom on this one - if the bible is to be believed where Paul says in Ephesians 4:6 "one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all."

It seems to me, that we can't be separate from any God and so therefore we don't have to do anything to 'connect', we already are.

I do find meditation and nature help me slow down, reflect more, be more open to love, gratitude and community.  That is maybe a sort of connect, but I see it more of stripping away some of the 'other' that distracts me from existing connectedness with everything (i.e God).

15 hours ago, PaulS said:

It seems to me, that we can't be separate from any God and so therefore we don't have to do anything to 'connect', we already are.

I think what I meant by connect was communicate, have a relationship, not just by praying & reading the Bible. I know God's always there. I was just wondering what methods, activities, etc. people use. Does that make sense?? 

I don't think one communicates with god, not in any meaningful way. If you are looking for a sense of deep connection, almost awe, then that's a different matter. I look out at this valley, this world, this universe ... this is enough for me. I don't want or need more.

The god you are looking for may well be an illusion. This world is real, this is what we should be be having a relationship and communicating with. Does this make sense?

6 hours ago, Noodles said:

I think what I meant by connect was communicate, have a relationship, not just by praying & reading the Bible. I know God's always there. I was just wondering what methods, activities, etc. people use. Does that make sense?? 

It makes perfect sense, I just don't believe in that sort of a God.  I think, in everything I do, I am already in relationship and communicating with 'God'.  For me, God isn't a separate entity that I can talk 'to', but rather if anything, God is something that I experience constantly.  I get that that isn't a mainstream Christian understanding, but a God that is separate to me is something that I just don't believe in any more.