Movie - Higher Ground

PaulS

I know this is a book review forum, but there doesn't seem to be a movie review one so I've dropped this in here.

I've just finished watching a movie this evening called Higher Ground. Essentially, it's storyline is about a woman losing her faith, whch is not a comfortable thing as Christianity is her life, along with her bible-believing husband and their 3 kids. I enjoyed it - I wonder if others have?

The fact that there is a movie like this (that won awards at Sundance) really brings home to me that Christanity is indeed facing a cataclysmic change. When mainstream movies start getting made about people losing their faith, I really think people are starting to wake up to the fact that fundamentalism has had its day. FWIW, I hope that's the case.

Edited by PaulS

I saw Creation about a year ago and did enjoy it.

And this is the Youtube trailer for Higher Ground. I have no idea why it has an R rating. There was no nudity, no swearing that I can recall (certainly nothing over the top), no graphic violence. I wonder if it's a religous thing?

Edited by PaulS