Back From Paradise

David

Well I’m back from Vancouver Island. At least my body is back. And at least part of my mind. But it is very hard to totally leave with my full spirit from paradise. I got used to relating to birds and squirrels. We knew two squirrels and eight blue jays on a first name basis. All were eating out of our hands and now I have two jays (one of whom I have known for several years) that are following me like dogs, landing on my shoulder and getting nuts on the fly out my hand. It is amazing to me that each of these has a different personality. There is some difference in appearance but we knew each one mostly based upon how they acted. We feel so grateful to still be able to live next to wilderness and thankful to our neighbor Canada for protecting the wilderness.

I said when I left that I was going to think about starting a new group in Sacramento. I had a hard time thinking about this outside the Sacramento context. While next to wilderness I felt no need to do this. I guess I have not been back long enough to recognize that need. All of you amateur psychologists can tell what that means.

Well I’m back from Vancouver Island. At least my body is back. And at least part of my mind. But it is very hard to totally leave with my full spirit from paradise. I got used to relating to birds and squirrels. We knew two squirrels and eight blue jays on a first name basis. All were eating out of our hands and now I have two jays (one of whom I have known for several years) that are following me like dogs, landing on my shoulder and getting nuts on the fly out my hand. It is amazing to me that each of these has a different personality. There is some difference in appearance but we knew each one mostly based upon how they acted. We feel so grateful to still be able to live next to wilderness and thankful to our neighbor Canada for protecting the wilderness.

I said when I left that I was going to think about starting a new group in Sacramento. I had a hard time thinking about this outside the Sacramento context. While next to wilderness I felt no need to do this. I guess I have not been back long enough to recognize that need. All of you amateur psychologists can tell what that means.

Welcome back David. Perhaps the wilderness will not leave you.

minsocal

Welcome back! It's good to see you again :)

-McKenna

Archived