Will Fundamentalists Ever Find The Mark?

It is rather amusing to see a fundamental religionist holding fast to all of the assumed truths and totally miss the Mark and there would be a good place to begin.

After all, if the Bible and the Gospels are without error then they should be without error.

As with all other religions that incorporate a false premise that is a contradiction to the known truths.

I would reckon to ask just how many other religions are there that have fundamentals following a preset guideline that allows no room for growth?

I can think of seven off the top of my head...

Judaism

Eastern Religions

Wicca

Islam

Scientology

Hinduism

Christianity

To be progressive "we" would need to reconcile all of these groups... Scientology covers a lot of aspects in that I would include Justice or Legal along with Medical structures... They all have belief systems that can play a role in causing corruption to flourish...

• 4 weeks later...
As they say "trust someone who is seeking the truth; distrust someone who says he has the truth."

I will trust a person that knows the truth and tells the truth, how will I know if the truth is being told?

The truth doesn't contradict the main principles that are facts founded on a solid foundation.

We could discuss my personal experience to find the facts that are corroborated by both parties and then seek to find the differences and who or whom contradicts their own testimony...

We could look to the Bible to see if there are any errors or contradictions to the nature and will of GOD...

If GOD is omnipresent and omnipotent then GOD certainly being all knowing and not allowing evil to enter heaven knows the evil parading around as good and when man practices bad religion to cover up the evil created by man then that is where we find contradictions such as calling bad good and good bad.

If we take the evil out of the Bible we could all find a good life for all...

And the truth is? (good/bad)

There is an old Buddhist saying - If you pass the Buddha on the Path, kill him.

But let me pick up on something GWB said -

If GOD is omnipresent and omnipotent

At best this is an assumption - indeed, almost a Truth. Perhaps this is where our collective mistake finds its genesis.

There is an old Buddhist saying - If you pass the Buddha on the Path, kill him.

Love it!

But let me pick up on something GWB said -

At best this is an assumption - indeed, almost a Truth. Perhaps this is where our collective mistake finds its genesis.

Collective mistake?

Perhaps we impose on God our own values - that God needs to be both omnipotent and unchanging. Maybe that our need. I wonder what God would need.

I think we certainly impose on God our own values and needs. Do you have an answer to the musing at the end of your post? (Just trying to figure out where you're going with this...perhaps I missed something? Always possible :lol: )

:)

If GOD is omnipotent and unchanging or omnipresent then GOD needs nothing and so becomes nothing and here is the crux of the problem along with the crucifixion of Jesus we fail to note that GOD has always desired a relationship with us.

GOD wants us to be the children of GOD, so the question is are you a child of GOD?

Do you get nourished by your developed relationships?

Do you find nourishment in sharing?

These are social relationship issues, bringing people together, and not tearing families and friendships apart.

How do we feed the needs of millions?

We all work together... :)

• 2 weeks later...
As they say "trust someone who is seeking the truth; distrust someone who says he has the truth."

Dear Texas Lynn,

Since you have revealed this to us as the truth, you have likewise declared to us that you have the truth with which to reveal. Therefore, as they say, we cannot trust you. (I really have no reason to mistrust you. It's just a statement that seems clever but is a logical inconsistency. ie; There are no absolutes.)

Dear Wayseer,

In deference to your comment, and assuming you believe in God, the only thing we can impose upon God is... nothing. Which is an inconsistancy alluded to in McKenna's post as a 'musing'.

Archived