Love and compassion

Jesus in your book (The Bible is not a representation of love at all

a new covenant= LOVE.

No

Jesus' acts of violence, even if they could be shown to be justified, demonstrate that he did not literally fulfill this description of the servant. But, it should be emphasized, these acts of violence, as they are recorded in the Gospels, are injustices. Jesus was not averse to using violence and held no general principle against violent action. If Jesus was truly non-violent he could not have uttered his call to family strife and divisiveness. Jesus proudly avows that his is a mission which will cause discord and disturb the universal peace, and bring war to the world (Matthew 10:34-35, Luke 12:49-53).

Jesus called for his opponents to be brought before him for summary execution: "But these enemies of mine who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here, and slay them in my presence" (Luke 19:27). This is the love, compassion, and nonviolence that Jesus taught. In both instances he gives encouragement to his later followers to use violence

1 Peter 2:18 Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh

Basically not only should you put up with being a slave. You should accept your beatings too. Luke 12:47-48 basically says the same thing.

The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Here we have, in the New Testament, not only the condoning of slavery but the beating of slaves by their masters. Just two of the many reasons the Bible isn’t a good book.

The last half of the book of Mark is, in general, pretty darn bad. Especially the crucifixion of Jesus.

In order for mankind's sins to be forgiven, a guy had to be sacrificed by torturing and nailing him to cross until he died— what does that say about God?

, I find the idea of God torturing his son to death just so that he can do something that takes 2 seconds to do (forgive our sins) rather disturbingly over-complicated.

Imagine if the government said that, in order to pardon your family, they had to beat a random child to death.

Matthew 10:34–35 :

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--

John 2:14-16:

14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!”

Matthew 21:12:

12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

Luke 12: 49–53:

Not Peace but Division

49 “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Luke 22:36–38:

36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. 37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’[b]; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”

The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”

The Secretary-General of the United Nations cites a verse from the Qur’an
الأمين العام للأمم المتحدة يستشهد بآية من القرآن

أي مسيحي ينتقد الشريعة الإسلامية أرسل له هذا الفيديو | دانيال حقيقتجو
Any Christian who criticizes Islamic law, send him this video Daniel is real

What did Mr. Green from Texas say about Islam in America

If so, why did they chose to convert to Islam

1-

Ignorant people talk falsely about Islam

There are so many on the internet,

they are implementing a program assigned by the Church with a handful of false suspicions against Islam. It's their job

they do not know the origins of Islam, nor the reason for the revelation of the verses, nor even the true history, nor the original language of the Quran. “And they ’re not an expert on comparative religion either.”

they do not know the true biography of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him

Learn and study Islam from its original sources in specialized Islamic centers, first of all,

instead of fighting Islam and casting cheap ecclesiastical suspicions prepared in advance to deceive people and lead them away from the truth.

Scientists have proven the validity of the Qur’an scientifically, historically and morally

God promised to preserve the Qur’an

see here

Scientists' comments on Quran

https://www.islamicity.org/5437/scientists-comments-on-quran/

see here

You will be shocked

Debate: Dr. Zakir Naik vs. Dr William Campbell - The Quran and the Bible in the Light of Science

When do you plan to stop bearing false witness?

Islam's 'dogma' and 'beliefs'

Muslim faith is based on the Qur’an and authentic hadiths
This was written during the time of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, while he was still alive

No one cannot change a letter in the Qur’an
But your book has been manipulated by humans

We all know the Quran today is exactly as it was revealed.

We literally have 1400 year old Quran's to verify it,

I frequently point out all those who hate Islam today can't find the ability to change a single letter. Look at China, a nation of a BILLION. They have went on record saying they will write there own Quran and this was how many years ago? Where is it?

And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a surah the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah, if you should be truthful. (2:23 Quran)

1400 years and many haters of Islam have lived and died. Where is their Quran? Why do we only have one Quran today?
Why has EVERY generation failed to produce one surah

To this day there is one Quran. In the original language that it was revealed in.

Indeed God has claimed in the Quran kareem that He himself protects it and we see the proof of this today.

Compare this to the 20,000 changes!!  in Bibles today. So many you yourself have to select specific versions.

Why are we not surprised?  After all, even the gospel authors are unknown.  In fact, they’re anonymous. Biblical scholars rarely, if ever, ascribe gospel authorship to Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John.  As Ehrman tells us, “Most scholars today have abandoned these identifications, and recognize that the books were written by otherwise unknown but relatively well-educated Greek-speaking (and writing) Christians during the second half of the first century.  Graham Stanton affirms, “The gospels, unlike most Graeco-Roman writings, are anonymous.  The familiar headings which give the name of an author (‘The Gospel according to …’)

The Bible has been changed and changed and mistranslation are 2 completely different things. Don't the 10 commandments forbid lying? Why is it that so many Christians try to deceive? Honestly it is changed even today as we live and breathe.

The truth is you worship a man who is constantly referred to as prophet in your book. A man who literally cried to God to save him in your book. A man who literally worshiped God in your book.

see here

Oldest version of the Quran at the University of Birmingham - YouTube

Is the Quran Preserved? Reading a Quran from the Prophet's Time - Adnan Rashid.

I am amazed at the mercenaries' lies about Islam, and why wonder if they do not do that and mislead the people, they will not get their salary

Praise be to God, I read the Arabic language, and I studied the Qur’an and hadiths in Arabic I only found fighting in self-defense \

Our beloved prophet is the best example to follow, he was kind, merciful, forgiving, trustworthy, humble, honest, just, and brave. He followed the orders and guidance of the holy Quran in everything, so that when Aisah was asked about his morals she said: “His manners were the Quran

The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, was merciful even with the enemies, and we do not judge the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, by the faulty biography of the Prophet that was transmitted by some ignorant people.

Such atrocities did not occur when Muslims fought in jihad against their enemies. They did not kill women, children or ordinary people. Of note are the instructions Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq gave to Usaama ibn Zayd and his troops:

“Do not commit any act of treason or betrayal. Don't steal the spoils of war. Do not mutilate any corpse. Do not kill any child, old man or woman. Do not cut down palm trees and do not burn them. Do not cut down any fruit trees. Do not slaughter any sheep, cows or camels except for food. If you come across people who have dedicated themselves to worship in hermitages, then leave them to the one to whom they have dedicated themselves.

Islam has nothing to do with what is happening in Muslim countries rulers who oppress people and do not apply the mercy of Islamic law

Therefore, if people live under Islam, they will know the meaning of true mercy and justice, unlike Christianity, Judaism, and other systems.

Coexistence in Islam
The principle underlying the relationship between Muslims and non- Muslims is coexistence. Allah commands Muslims to treat other people kindly provided they do not manifestly declare malice towards them and to think well of all of people alike. A person who thoroughly explores the verses of the noble Qur`an will find that, in its entirety, it presents an integrated Qur`anic methodology concerning the treatment of non-Muslims. It is noteworthy to mention that the variation in the manner of treating non-Muslims does not stem from a methodological inconsistency; rather, it depends on the different attitudes of the people we deal with. People are different [with respect to behavior] and thus they must not be judged alike. It is considered a methodical injustice to generalize what has been made specific or to specify what has been left general in legal texts.

Just as there are individuals who accept Muslims' beliefs, there are others who differ with them. Among this latter group, there are some who merely present their opinions or beliefs and those who go as far as to attack those who differ with them. Therefore, both groups are treated differently.

Evidence from Qur`an
There are many verses in the Qur`an, whether those revealed in Mecca or Medina, that urge Muslims to be tolerant towards others and to treat them kindly. These include:
So pardon and overlook until Allah delivers His command. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent. [Al-Baqarah: 109]

There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing. [Al-Baqarah: 256]

Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly. [Al-Mumtahana, 8]

The above verses from Surah al-Baqarah and al-Mumtahana were revealed in Medina and all of them exhort Muslims to be kind and merciful to their fellow men.

As for the legal texts [Qur`an and Sunnah] that command Muslims to be harsh towards some people, they can be compared to the previous verses as two integrated methodologies that deal with two different types of people:

The first methodology, which is the general case, enjoins Muslims to treat all people with kindness through dialogue and respect of freedom [of faith]. This is the correct basis for inviting others to Islam; this does not abrogate a Qur`anic verse nor has it been abrogated though some jurists claim the contrary. Allah Almighty says,And speak to people good [words] and establish prayer and give zakah. [Al-Baqarah: 83]

In another verse, Allah instructs those who call others to His way on how they should invite others according to the different types of people:

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided. [An-Nahl: 125]

Allah says about the People of the Book,And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him. [Al-'Ankabut: 46]

2_

2_

The second methodology is concerned with those who attack Muslims, in which case it is necessary to defend oneself even in a harsh manner. Allah Almighty says,[Fighting in] the sacred month is for [aggression committed in] the sacred month, and for [all] violations is legal retribution. So whoever has assaulted you, then assault him in the same way that he has assaulted you. And fear Allah and know that Allah is with those who fear Him. [Al-Baqarah: 194]

Unlike the policy followed by some countries, Muslims do not treat others based on whether they are with or against them. Rather, Islam teaches its followers that people are different and must therefore be treated accordingly with respect to time and type of person.

من هم الغير مؤمنين؟

Does Quran and Islam say kill Jews, Christians and Non ...

At a time when white became black and wrong pronouns

The defender of the homeland, women and children is the terrorist

But the usurper of the homeland is the hero!

This is the first time I hear from you mercenaries with salaries from the church that the occupier of a certain country and killing all its people has rights that must be observed.

and

Giving flowers to the occupier and kissing him on the cheeks

The people of the occupied country do not have the right to expel the occupier and declare war on him

We ask God to occupy your country and we will see what you will do!

A stormy confrontation between an Australian Muslim journalist and an Israeli settler ends in a fatal blow!!

كنّة تونى بلير تحكى قصة إسلامها فى غزة وإحتجازها فى معبر رفح بسبب المساعدات

Tony Blair's daughter-in-law tells the story of her conversion to Islam in Gaza and her detention at the Rafah crossing because of aid

8 hours ago, romansh said:

Here's a book I read recently:
The Dark Sides of Empathy: Breithaupt, Fritz, Hamilton, Andrew B. B.: 9781501721649: Amazon.com: Books
The long and short of it is there are downsides to things like empathy.

I read somewhere else that empathy can lead to intolerance of actions of people who are outside of our ingroup, so to speak.

Take what's going on in Gaza ... Empathizing with both the Israelis and Hamas? Or Ukrainians and Russians or ... try loving Trump supporters or more generally people who you don't hold in the highest regard. 

You might luck out and find some answer in some ancient text.

Understanding that people are the way the way the are because of the antecedent unfolding universe is, for me, a first step.

I think you make a good point about 'automatic' empathy - it's not something that can just be applied to each and every circumstance and certainly one needs to consider each and every situation.  

With Gaza for instance, I have no issue with empathising with all sorts involved with that conflict those that might be regarded as innocents as well as those who may be regarded as either aggressors or defenders.  But whilst my empathy might allow me to try and understand and share the feelings of another, it simultaneously doesn't necessarily prevent me from deeming their actions acceptable or not (in my opinion). For me personally, I think this goes hand in hand with understanding that people are the way the way because of the way the universe is unfolding, whilst still understanding that how I feel/react is part of that unfolding also.

So I don't myself think Jesus' words of love one another are some sort of holy utterance that must be applied, but rather I find them a helpful tool sometimes, as I do many other religious and secular stories, to make me stop and think a little more than perhaps I might otherwise.

8 hours ago, toty said:

I am amazed at the mercenaries' lies

I am amazed at your lies ... what did you say about the consequences of bearing false witness?

• Like 1

I have to thank @toty... I would not have learned so much about Islam without him. Islam is not immune to breeding Muslim terrorists.

The "root cause" of Muslim terrorism is extremist ideology, according to Pakistani theologian Javed Ahmad Ghamidi, specifically the teachings that:

• "Only Muslims have the right to rule, non-Muslims are meant to be subjugated";
  • "Modern nation states are unIslamic and constitute kufr (disbelief)";
  • the only truly Islamic form of state is a unified Muslim Caliphate;
  • "when Muslims obtain power they will overthrow non-Muslim governments and rule";
  • "The punishment of kufr (disbelief) and irtidad (apostasy) is death and must be implemented".[118]
  • Like 1

Wikipedia is an unreliable source and this is the opinion of academic professors

Islam in general does not include these false statements in the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him

If you are a respectable and honest person, go to the man yourself and ask him about that, but I doubt that

American Medical Doctor CONVERTS to Islam and EXPOSES Satan & The Matrix

12 hours ago, toty said:

If you are a respectable and honest person, go to the man yourself and ask him about that, but I doubt that

If you were honest and respectable ... you would actually engage in the substance of the position. Is not Javed Ahmad Ghamidi a real Muslim? Why is Naik a respectable Muslim and not Ghamidi?

The question really applies to all sorts of gods, do they exist? Pointing to ancient texts is not evidence. An intelligent and wise person would address this issue.

• Upvote 1

@PaulSAn interesting book to read (other than the Qur'an of course ;) ) is The Evolution of God by Robert Wright. The book's basic premise is that God takes a milder, more loving outlook on life when economic times are good. And when things are not so rosy, he takes on a less forgiving/hostile manner.

Edited by romansh
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, romansh said:

@PaulSAn interesting book to read (other than the Qur'an of course ;) ) is The Evolution of God by Robert Wright. The book's basic premise is that God takes a milder, more loving outlook on life when economic times are good. And when things are not so rosy, he takes on a less forgiving/hostile manner.

I’ve actually had my eye on this book a couple of times.  Now I’ll have to get a copy. Thanks.

On 6/21/2024 at 3:14 AM, romansh said:

perfect.png

Over history, millions of people have given their lives for their belief in the one true God - and that 'one' true God, according to anthropologists,  has actually been about 18,000 different gods, goddesses, and various animals or objects that have have been worshipped by humans since our species first appeared.  Imagine that - 18,000 Gods have at some point, by some people, been considered as the 'one' true God.

Every human being is responsible for his actions
Whether it's good or bad before God
God is not responsible for man's choice
the way of evil
God is merciful and justice

God gave us life and everything for humans
What did you do to earn the grace of God?
Just to test God
You complain and deny the grace of God

Everyone on earth is tested by God
This does not negate his mercy

Why does God allow suffering and trials in the world? | Visitors ask Sheikh Othman

Even if I filmed a video of God myself, I wouldn't believe - Sabour in an informative conversation with an atheist

God is One, from Adam to Muhammad, peace be upon them

But people have turned away from worshiping God according to their own whims

It doesn’t make sense that God sends countless Prophets like Noah, Abraham and Moses to tell people to believe in one God, and then suddenly sends a radically different message of the Trinity which contradicts his previous Prophets teachings. It is clear that the sect of Christianity who believed Jesus to be a human Prophet and nothing more, were following the true teachings of Jesus. This is because their concept of God is the same as that which was taught by the Prophets in the Old Testament.

The truth is that Jesus preached the same message that the Prophets in the Old Testament preached. There is a passage in the Bible which really emphasizes his core message. A man came to Jesus and asked “Which is the first commandment of all?”Jesus answered, “The first of all the commandments is Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.’’[Mark 12:28-29]. So the greatest commandment, the most important belief according to Jesus is that God is one. If Jesus was God he would have said ‘I am God, worship me’, but he didn’t. He merely repeated a verse from the Old Testament confirming that God is One.

God says in the Qur’anO People of the Book, do not commit excesses in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His Messengers and do not speak of a ‘Trinity’– stop [this], that is better for you– God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. [4:171]

Islam is not just another religion. It is the same message preached by Moses, Jesus and Abraham. Islam literally means ‘submission to God’ and it teaches us to have a direct relationship with God. It reminds us that since God created us, no one should be worshipped except God alone. It also teaches that God is nothing like a human being or like anything that we can imagine. The concept of God is summarized in the Quran as:

“Say, He is God, the One. God, the Absolute. He does not give birth, nor was He born, and there is nothing like Him.” (Quran 112:1-4)[4]

U.S. Soldier Leaves Islam - Goes To Iraq War & Converts To Islam Again?! w. Larry Yunus

U.S Soldier Converts to Islam After Debating with a Muslim Soldier w. Colonel Khalid Shabazz

I Converted to Islam Because of OCTOBER 7th

Why I Became Muslim with Jacob Williams

Edited by toty

The Holy Qur’an speaks only about scientific facts not myths so the researcher must know that the discovered scientific fact which is a miracle in Qur’an or Sunnah should not be known when Qur’an was descended. On the other hand we have to know that there are many known facts in Qur’an from past times like benefits of honey which is a known fact from thousands of years, but He Almighty included this fact in the Holy book of Qur’an as a proof that this book includes only right facts because people during years of civilizations used to mix facts with myths and legends. Therefore if Qur’an is a human made, we might find mixes of right and wrong facts inside it.

We have to know that the one who descended Qur’an is the same one who created universe who is Allah Almighty, so it is impossible that Allah create things in a way and to tell us about these things in a different way in His book.

Therefore, we will find a complete conformance between scientific facts and the Qur’an if we understood both of them in the right way. Hence, if the science is in conformance with the verse so science is right and if not the science is definitely wrong. He Almighty says: (Do they not then consider the Qur’an carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much contradiction.){Sûrat An-Nisâ’- The Women-verse82}

The strongest evidence that the Quran is not (and will not be) distorted is that Allaah The Exalted challenged His creation to produce the likes of it; then He challenged them to produce ten chapters only and finally challenged them to produce even a single chapter. Today, this challenge remains open. If the Quran is fabricated, why can they not even produce a single chapter and defeat their enemy?

Dr. Yoshihide Kozai is Professor Emeritus at Tokyo University, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan, and was the Director of the National Astronomical Observatory, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan. He said:

“I am very much impressed by finding true astronomical facts in [the] Quran, and for us the modern astronomers have been studying very small pieces of the universe. We’ve concentrated our efforts for understanding of very small part. Because by using telescopes, we can see only very few parts [of] the sky without thinking [about the] whole universe. So, by reading [the] Quran and by answering to the questions, I think I can find my future way for investigation of the universe.”

Professor Tejatat Tejasen is the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy at Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Previously, he was the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at the same university. During the Eighth Saudi Medical Conference in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Professor Tejasen stood up and said:

“During the last three years, I became interested in the Quran . . . . From my study and what I have learned from this conference, I believe that everything that has been recorded in the Quran fourteen hundred years ago must be the truth, that can be proved by the scientific means. Since the Prophet Muhammad could neither read nor write, Muhammad must be a messenger who relayed this truth, which was revealed to him as an enlightenment by the one who is eligible [as the] creator.

Scientists' comments on Quran
https://www.islamicity.org/5437/scientists-comments-on-quran/

FULL - Dr. Zakir Naik The Quran and the Bible in the Light of Science vs Dr William Campbell

A Christian asks which Part of the Bible is Authentic? - Dr Zakir Naik

Mention Scientific Facts which are Mentioned in the Quran which Science has not yet Discovered it?

The problem of the science in the Qur'an is that by and large, it is crap. Take an example of the science of Eratosthenes some eight centuries earlier. More than two hundred years BCE. 

Diameter of the Earth:

310px-Eratosthenes_measure_of_Earth_circ

Edited by romansh

8 hours ago, romansh said:

The problem of the science in the Qur'an is that by and large, it is crap. Take an example of the science of Eratosthenes some eight centuries earlier. More than two hundred years BCE. 

Diameter of the Earth:

310px-Eratosthenes_measure_of_Earth_circ

Sadly, religions (in this case Islam) just cannot see the forest for the trees.  I get that Christians and Muslims alike worship 'their' book, but to worship a book that is centuries and centuries old, and not recognize that the 'science' within is not at all science and has been disproven in modernity, is pure foolishness.  There is no excuse for it.  But I can understand how they can't bring themselves to acknowledge it.  I remember those days.