Love and compassion

Only good deeds are not enough without faith in God (the Father) as one God

Faith in God (the Father) along with  good deeds

God is God (the Father)

Jesus is a prophet of God, not a god, and is not equal to God

The Holy Spirit is the angel Gabriel, peace be upon him, transmitting revelation from God (the Father) to the prophets

see here

Righteous Non-Muslims Like Mother Teresa Will Go To Heaven Or Hell? | Dr Zakir Naik

From gang life and drugs to the most famous preacher in America | The story of Uthman bin Farouk

من حياة العصابات والمخدرات إلى أشهر داعية في أمريكا | قصة ش.عثمان بن فاروق

12 hours ago, PaulS said:

This is good news! :) I don't need to convert to Islam because as you have made clear - a single kindness to an animal (like giving a thirsty dog water) is enough for Allah to be pleased and pardon my sins! :) I have already met this standard several times over in my life.  I'm all good.  Thanks.

Paul, I suspect you have not read the small print regarding the benefits of watering dogs.

I wonder about the Arabic peoples who apparently needed a commandment from an alleged God to be nice to some animals in distress. Shame, it does not seem to extend to one another.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, toty said:

From gang life and drugs to the most famous preacher in America | The story of Uthman bin Farouk

An interesting take on Farooq

Ahnaf Kalam on Uthman ibn Farooq: Hate Crime Victim or Hoaxer? :: Middle East Forum (meforum.org)

Also a Pashtun Pakistani reverting to Islam ... not overly surprising.

And an interesting article on our friend Zakir
Zakir Naik: A Saudi-backed Radical Islamic Televangelist :: Middle East Forum (meforum.org)

Edited by romansh

10 hours ago, toty said:

Only good deeds are not enough without faith in God (the Father) as one God

Faith in God (the Father) along with  good deeds

No - this is where your dogma over-rides the words of the Prophet.  It says in black and white - Allah pardoned the persons sins because he was pleased with this act of kindness. There is not a single sentence in that story referring to faith or any other requirement.

Either this verse in the Quran is wrong (i.e. Allah did not forgive the person's sins for this act of kindness) or you are using dogma to over-ride the word. 

Just like some Christians do with the Bible I would suggest.

6 hours ago, romansh said:

Paul, I suspect you have not read the small print regarding the benefits of watering dogs.

I wonder about the Arabic peoples who apparently needed a commandment from an alleged God to be nice to some animals in distress. Shame, it does not seem to extend to one another.

True.  Perhaps it relates to species of dog, like it seems to relate to version of religious belief.

Posted (edited)

This is just an example of God's great mercy

he was pleased with this act of kindness.

God's door is open even to the disobedient, until they believe in God and do not despair

God says in the Qur’an
18:107 Indeed, those who have believed and done righteous deeds - they will have the Gardens of Paradise as a lodging,

Those who have faith in Allah and do good actions will have the highest of gardens, as a place to honour them.

Christians accept only 25% of God's word and reject the 75%?

Most Christians pick and choose bits and pieces, what ever suits their lifestyle.

Deviation comes from the people, not from prophets

God sent prophets to guide us to his service and To Teach People God's Law

the final and ultimate objective of the prophets was to establish a just socio-moral order in this world. They wanted to establish justice in the personal life of each individual so as to bring about poise and equilibrium in his mind, character, conduct and dealings.

But humans are the ones who abandoned the teachings of God (the Father) for which he sent the messengers

They say that spirituality and love are enough, clinging to these empty slogans
  To evade God's teachings

Their path towards darkness is clear and not towards the path of light

Every person only wants to achieve his desires and whims without taking into account the rights of others
And without following the teachings of the Creator

The things that make you happy may not make me happy  because There are no divine laws that govern them and achieve justice

Only God and His teachings benefit humans because He is their Creator

From Gangster To Islam!

Italian Millionaire Investment Banker Accepts Islam

2-

There are many false rumors about Muslim preachers in the media and the Internet
Only because they lead people to God's path

Fixed base
Every true scholar of the Islamic religion adheres to the teachings of the Qur’an and Sunnah and influences people, and many people converted to Islam during his time.

A series of attacks begins against him by the West and enemies of Islam

By fabricating charges against him in their fake media, such as (that he is anti-Semitism and a terrorist and should be expelled from their country)

Controversial Preacher Zakir Naik Speaks to The Newsmakers

See what they teach them in church

https://www.facebook.com/100059866625821/videos/2235155033350247

Edited by toty

23 hours ago, toty said:

This is just an example of God's great mercy. He was pleased with this act of kindness.

And clearly, as the Prophet states - a simple act of kindness to a dog is enough to have one's sins forgiven by Allah. It is clear in what you wrote - Allah pardoned the persons sins because he was pleased with this act of kindness!  There is no talk about belief in Allah.  You are introducing that to the text where it is clearly NOT evident.

On a different matter, what do you think about 'avenging' the Prophet or Allah? For instance, if I was to draw a cartoon of Allah, perhaps even in a mocking manner, do you think I should be killed?

Recently a young Muslim man here in Australia stabbed a Christian Bishop because he didn't like what the Bishop had to say about Mohammed.  Luckily the Bishop survived.  But as per the article below, a Muslim preacher later celebrated this crime.  Do you think such a celebration is appropriate?

image.png

Please, I'd prefer a direct couple of paragraphs from your own mind, and not swathes of cut & paste, or links to videos that I am not going to watch.

The Qur’an is the book of God that was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him
God acknowledged the necessity of faith along with good deeds

God says in the Qur’an

“Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

55. ‘And follow the best of that which is sent down to you from your Lord (i.e. this Qur’aan, do what it orders you to do and keep away from what it forbids), before the torment comes on you suddenly while you perceive not!’

“Verily, Allaah forgives not that partners should be set up with Him (in worship), but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He wills; and whoever sets up partners with Allaah in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin”

[al-Nisa’ 4:48]

“Say: ‘O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful.

2-

Hadith

Abdullah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

Whoever would love to be delivered from Hellfire and admitted into Paradise, let him meet his end with faith in Allah and the Last Day, and let him treat people as he would love to be treated.

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1844, Grade: Sahih

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I don't care about false rumors about Muslims in the fake media

Mohammed Hijab: Why Successful Men Are Converting To Islam

Why did this young Scottish man convert to Islam? I now realize why they are fighting Islam!

https://www.facebook.com/100059866625821/videos/894823738915391

18 hours ago, toty said:

The Qur’an is the book of God that was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him
God acknowledged the necessity of faith along with good deeds

God says in the Qur’an

“Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds; for those, Allaah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allaah is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

Just like a fundamental Christian, you are cherry-picking the verses of the Quran to fit the dogma argument that you have been taught to believe.

Whilst there ARE verses in the Quran that say one needs to repent & believe to have their sins forgiven, as you yourself pointed out, there are also verses that show that simply a good deed to a dog is enough for God to also forgive one's sins. So there are other ways to have one's sins forgiven apart from repenting & believing - the Quran says so!

The dilemma you have - is that this does not compute with the dogma you've adopted. This is not unusual though, and exactly the same happens within Christianity!

But you didn't answer my question above concerning drawing cartoons about Mohamed or Allah, and also about celebrating 'defending' the prophet, where that defence means stabbing another.

I genuinely would like to know if you think death (in this life - here and now) is an appropriate punishment for one who draws a cartoon that mocks Muhammed or Allah, and if you think Muslim preachers should celebrate Christians being stabbed if those Christians have said things one might consider insulting towards Mohammed.

Incitement against Islam and Muslims in many ways. We have recently seen an example of an attack on Islam in general, and the Prophet Muhammad in particular,

As I said earlier, the media tells us false news about Muslims

Don't judge people with ignorance, lies, and out of emotion

Respecting the prophets is a duty in all religions

Why they offend the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him and the wrath of Muslims

There are certainly dangerous political objectives behind this to light the fire of discord and tarnish the image of Islam.

It is not the freedom of expression of painters

But barbaric

And against human rights

Insult to Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him

Muslims respect all prophets from Adam to the last Prophets  Muhammad, peace be upon them

You will not find a Muslim who paints an offensive picture of the Prophet Jesus, peace be upon him

Because God taught us in the Qur’an, respecting the honor of the prophets is obligatory

Turning the Table on Atheists: Existence of God is Self-Evidently True | Hamza Tzortzis

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

2-

faith and actions always work together

22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered.

, Christ said

3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

John 17:3

Christ  did not claim divinity and restricted divinity to God (the Father) alone

And in Matthew 16-27: and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

Key Verse: 2:22, “You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.”

the main theme of the entire book of James: faith and actions always work together. In James’ time, there were some people who claimed to have faith without any practical evidence. They thought that faith should be grounded on sound doctrine and that was most important; which is true. But they tended to dismiss action as irrelevant. They claimed to have saving faith without any visible evidence in their practical lives. James refuted this idea very clearly, saying that faith and deeds work together, and that faith without deeds is dead. Genuine faith always produces actions.

The Gospels, the Injil, and the Qur'an | Paul Williams

Orthodox Corruption of Scripture-Book Review by Paul Williams

Secrets of The Scrolls | Dead Sea Scrolls | Paul Williams

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, toty said:

The war against the religion of God will continue until the Day of Resurrection

I see. This war is going to go on forever.

You did not answer my question ... was 7th Oct fake mews?

Edited by romansh

13 hours ago, toty said:

You will not find a Muslim who paints an offensive picture of the Prophet Jesus, peace be upon him.

It would not bother me in the slightest if somebody draw an 'offensive' picture of Jesus or God.  That is their business, not mine, and a picture cannot hurt me.

So again, to the question you haven't answered yet (on the 3rd time you will be just like Peter denying Jesus three times):

If a person draws an image of Allah or Mohamed, do you think they should be executed.  Yes or No?

If they draw an image of Allah or Mohamed, which some Muslims consider offensive to Allah or Mohamed, does that give anybody the right to execute the person who drew it, or published it?

If somebody speaks words that some Muslims consider offensive against Allah or Mohamed, do they deserve to be stabbed in defence of Allah or Mohamed?

They really aren't hard questions.  What is your opinion in these instances?

1 hour ago, PaulS said:

If a person draws an image of Allah or Mohamed, do you think they should be executed.  Yes or No?

In some Islamic traditions,  it is not inappropriate to have depictions of Mohammed. There is classical Islamic art from the thirteenth century.

The question would be, should an offensive depiction of Mohammed be punishable?

Posted (edited)

This is a response from Sunnah of the Messenger of God

Muslims defend their Prophet, not by killing non-Muslims  just to draw an abusive picture
as you claim and distorting the image of Islam,

Examples of this
 this is what the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, commanded us to do.

Forgiving the hostile enemies; Only Prophet Muhammad could be so generous

This is the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, whom liars accuse of killing people

Following the Prophet’s example in any situation is to make sure of choosing the right course of action. Some people may think that this applies to matters of religion only. In Islam there is no differentiation between religious and “worldly” matters. Everything in people’s lives is evaluated from the Islamic viewpoint. Hence the Prophet’s example provides guidance to us in all spheres of life.

The day when Khaibar was conquered, there was a famous swordsman in the enemy camp, Murhab, a Jew, who was well known to be able to fight with 200 fighters. Murhab came out brandishing his sword, shouting a challenge of sword fighting . Ali bin Abi Talib (Allah be pleased with him) was chosen to fight with him and he accepted the challenge on behalf of Muslims. During the fight, Murhab was killed and the Jewish army was captured. All were pardoned and their lands were returned to them.

From their tribe, a lady called Zainab, who had lost her relative in the battle, invited the Prophet for a meal. He accepted the invitation and went along with his companions. She inquired as to which part of the goat’s meat would the Prophet prefer to eat. They told her that he preferred the shoulder. She poisoned it and offered it to the Prophet . One of the companions, Bishr al Bara’ (Allah be pleased with him) ate it and went out after eating. Meanwhile, the Prophet ate it but spat it out. He called her and asked, “Let all the Jews who are here, be assembled before me.”

The Jews gathered and the Messenger of Allah said, “Would you tell me the truth if I ask you about something?”

They replied, “Yes.”

He asked, “Have you poisoned this sheep?”

They said, “Yes.”

He asked, “What made you do that?”

They said, “We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would have got rid of you, and if you are a Prophet then the poison would not harm you.”

The Prophet forgave her on his own behalf but the other Sahabi Bishr died because of poison and his wife demanded the punishment of death. She was killed because the family of the martyred Sahabi did not pardon her and as per the Islamic law, they had a right to get her killed. But the Prophet did not take revenge for being poisoned on his own behalf because he was following the instruction of Qur’an.

Once a Jew cast black magic and caused a lot of distress to the Prophet .

It was narrated that ‘Aishah (Allaah be pleased with her) said: A spell was put on the Prophet until he imagined that he had done a thing when he had not done it. One day he made du’aa’ then he said: “Do you know that Allah has shown me in which lies my cure? Two men (angels) came to me and one of them sat at my head and the other at my feet. One of them said to the other, ‘What is ailing the man?’ He said: ‘He has been bewitched.’ He said: “Who has bewitched him?’ He said: ‘Labeed ibn al-A’sam.’ He said, ‘With what?’ He said: ‘With a comb, the hair that is stuck to it, and the skin of pollen of a male date palm. He said: ‘Where is it?’ He said, ‘In the well of Dharwaan.’” The Prophet went out to the well, then he came back and said to ‘Aishah when he came back: “Its date palms are like the heads of devils.” I said: “Did you take it out?” He said: “No. Allah has healed me, and I feared that it might bring evil upon the people.” Then the well was filled in. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3268; Muslim, 2189.

The companions wanted to behead the Jew who cast the magic as punishment. The Prophet refused to kill and to take revenge for his own sake and pardoned him. Though Islamic ruling commands death penalty for a magician, the Prophet forgave the one who cast magic on him. He gave up his right to take revenge.

The Forgiveness of Muhammad Shown to Non Muslims

أي مسيحي ينتقد الشريعة الإسلامية أرسل له هذا الفيديو | دانيال حقيقتجو

was 7th Oct fake mews?

I told you that I do not care about your lies about Islam

Edited by toty

35 minutes ago, toty said:

This is a response from Sunnah of the Messenger of God

Muslims defend their Prophet, not by killing non-Muslims  just to draw an abusive picture
as you claim and distorting the image of Islam.

was 7th Oct fake mews?

I told you that I do not care about your lies about Islam

So there is ALOT of noise there, and it seems you can't write an opinion of your own on the question, but you have managed to copy what somebody named Sunnah preaches, so thankyou.

You indeed suffer delusions if you don't think there are instances of Muslims killing others over religious beliefs, and in particular, what they consider offence against Mohamed or Allah. And yes, there are Christians who have done so also.

Again, you seem to have a lot in common with Christian fundamentalists in denying ALL news as fake news.

There are many instances of Muslim harming, including killing, Christians and others because of religious beliefs.

I think owning that as a Muslim IS important, even if it is not something that you as a Muslim don't approve of - although you won't personally say either way.

One definitely needs to stick their head in the sand if they are to claim that all Muslim attacks on Christians are fake news!

• On 2 November 2018, Islamic State gunmen killed at least seven Coptic Christian pilgrims in Egypt
  • January 2024 - Islamists have boasted of killing ten Christians in a series of attacks waged over two weeks against Christian villages in northern Mozambique.
  • February 2024 - Nigeria last year witnessed the bloodiest year of Islamist attacks against Christians according to a new report. More than 8,000 Christians were killed in 2023, the International Society for Civil Liberties and Rule of Law (Intersociety) has said.
  • August 2023 - Muslims in eastern Pakistan went on a rampage Wednesday over allegations that a Christian man had desecrated the Quran, demolishing the man’s house, burning churches and damaging several other homes, police and local Christians said. There were no immediate reports of casualties. The scale of the violence prompted the government to deploy additional police forces and send in the army to help restore order.
  • Australia April 2024 - Boy was arrested at the scene after Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel was attacked during a service in Sydney. A 16-year-old Australian boy has been charged with “committing a terrorist act”, police said, over the stabbing of an Assyrian church bishop in western Sydney during a livestreamed service.

I am certain not all, perhaps even the majority of Muslims, do not attack Christians violently.  However, to pretend that every reported attack is always false news, is just nonsense. There are many Muslims who do believe they must act violently towards others on behalf of Allah and/or Mohamed.

I do not deny that there are extremist people

But your false media spreads many fabricated lies about Muslims to distort the image of Islam
Crimes not committed by Muslims

During the Crusades, when the Christians besieged Jerusalem and the siege intensified, and its inhabitants realised that they were defeated, they asked the crusader leader Tancred for safe passage for themselves and their wealth, and he granted that to them on condition that they all seek refuge in al-Masjid al-Aqsa (the mosque), carrying safety banners. Al-Masjid al-Aqsa was filled with old men, children and women, and they were slaughtered like sheep; their blood flowed in the holy place until it came up to the knees of the horses, and the streets were filled with crushed skulls, severed arms and legs and mutilated bodies. The historians state that the number of those killed inside al-Masjid al-Aqsa  alone was seventy thousand, and no European historians deny these atrocities.

.Our own times give the best testimony to that, for they bombarded Afghanistan, then they moved to Iraq and destroyed it, bombarding, killing and spreading mischief throughout the land. Their leader even said that God had commanded him to enter Iraq! Where are the teachings of Christ that they claim to follow and speak so much about?

.What do they have to say about what happened – and is still happening – in Chechnya? In Africa? Indonesia and elsewhere? Can they deny that what happened in Kosovo was a Crusade? Didn’t Bush say in his last war: “It will be a crusade”?

U.S. Soldier Leaves Islam - Goes To Iraq War & Converts To Islam Again?! w. Larry Yunus

U.S Soldier Converts to Islam After Debating with a Muslim Soldier w. Colonel Khalid Shabazz

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, toty said:

But your false media spreads many fabricated lies about Muslims to distort the image of Islam
Crimes not committed by Muslims

Can you provide an example of a false story please?

Interesting reading

Is the Council on American-Islamic Relations a fake organization?

Edited by romansh

How can I believe the haters of Islam, the killers of Muslims, and the colonizers of their countries? Do they tell the truth?

Your black history is clear

Look at your shameful history first instead of the false accusations against Muslims

الرد على المبشّرين النصارى - عدنان رشيد

يسوع أمير السلام! هاشم في حوار مع مسيحي

15 hours ago, toty said:

I do not deny that there are extremist people. But your false media spreads many fabricated lies about Muslims to distort the image of Islam. Crimes not committed by Muslims.

I don't know who you mean when you say 'your' false media.  Are you talking about media from every non-muslim country in the world?

You acknowledge there are extremist people, but then you say "crimes not committed by Muslims".  We all know this is absolute nonsense, but do you not consider there to be any Muslim extremists who commit crimes?

As for the rest of your cut and paste - I don't care about examples of Christian crimes or terror.  I acknowledge that such acts have been carried out by Christians, just as they have been by Muslims.  I'm not hiding behind any stupid 'fake news' claims.