Love and compassion

Posted (edited)

Once again, this is your ignorance

There are suspicions and false fabrications from the ignorant enemies of Islam about the Prophet Muhammad and other prophets, the Internet is full of them to distort the image of Islam and the Prophet Muhammad

I always say that the true life of the Prophet should be studied from reliable sources in specialized Islamic centers

This subject is the favorite of Islamophobes who find here an opportunity to attack the Prophet (sws)

There are some variations in the exact age of lady 'Aisha among historians.

We know that at the time, there was no commune to register the child in a national register or certificate issued by the hospital mentioning the exact moment of birth, and therefore only parents could we Given the age of the child (and again!),

We have no proof of a national register of the Arabian Peninsula of the 7th century AD! We only have suggestions, estimates and approximations.

Aisha was 18 years old at the time of the Hegira (ie at the time of the Prophet's immigration) and she became his wife at the age of 19-20, this is the minimum age what she can have!

little Christian women married and had intercourse very early for centuries, intercourse that would be punishable by law today. In France, it was not until the Revolution and the break with Christianity that the age limit rose to 13 years.

Now if we follow the reasoning of some Islamophobic Christian missionaries, we should consider that all Christians were pedophiles, and that Jesus and Paul were accomplices in pedophilia since they did not condemn these practices that existed in their day.

Mary married Joseph when she was twelve years old, meaning that she was young, and Joseph her husband was over ninety!!

Most Christian historians agree that Mary the mother of Jesus was between 12 to 14 years old when she married Joseph.
    This was very common during that historical time period.

- Roman women married and had sex at the age of 12 and under, before having their period, with husbands who could be their grandfathers.

- Since no New Testament writings condemn this practice, not even Paul who gave recommendations on marriage and married life, Christians have continued to follow these customs.

- The Council of Trent convened by Pope Paul III in 1542 confirms the age of marriage at 12 for girls

See here
اجابة تسحق الفم

Christians question Mohammed’s marriage to Aisha but shamefully accept Joseph’s marriage to Mary?

Mary was 12 and Joseph was 90? | SPEAKER’s CORNER 11/11/2018

Was the Age of Aisha r.a 9 Years old or 19 when she got married? - Dr Zakir Naik

According to almost all the historians, Asma the elder sister of Aisha, was ten years older than Aisha. It is reported in Taqreeb al-Tehzeeb as well as Al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah that Asma died in the 73rd year after migration of Muhammad when she was 100 years old. Now, obviously if Asma was 100 years old in the 73rd year after Migration to Medina, she should have been 27 or 28 years old at the time of migration. If Asma was 27 or 28 years old at the time of hijrah, Aisha should have been 17 or 18 years old at that time. Thus, Aisha - if she got married in 1 AH (after Migration to Medina) or 2 AH - was between 18 to 20 years old at the time of her marriage.

Also, according to many Ahadith in Bukhari, it is believed Aisha participated in the battle of Badr and Uhud.Also in Bukhari (Kitabu’l- maghazi) Ibn `Umar states that the Prophet did not permit me to participate in Uhud, as at that time, I was 14 years old. But on the day of Khandaq, when I was 15 years old, the Prophet permitted my participation. So if it was not allowed to participate in Uhud for people younger than 15, then Aisha would be atleast 15 in those battles...
https://realdeen.wordpress.com/2006/07/30/real-age-of-hazrat-aisha/
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

2-

This is another opinion

In their time, the accepted age of a girl at marriage was young

Here we have Aisha explicitly from here narrations state that she had reached puberty ever since her parents had been following Islam

The Prophet, peace be upon him, visited her in her father's house, and she reached of puberty

Prophet Married ‘Aa’ishah When She Reached Puberty

The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) only held his marriage contract with `Aa'ishah may Allaah be pleased with her when she was six years old, but he consummated the marriage when she was nine years old, as reported by Al-Bukhari and others may Allaah have mercy upon them.

This fact is reported in many books of Seerah (biography) through many chains of narrators that cannot be rejected.

In fact, the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) did not take consummate the marriage till she reached the age of puberty and was able to bear having sexual intercourse. For that reason, she may Allaah be pleased with her used to say, "When a girl reaches the age of nine, she becomes a woman." [Ahmad and At-Tirmithi] Imaam Ash-Shaafi'i may Allaah have mercy upon him said, “I saw a grandmother who was only twenty-one years old.” This means that she and her daughter as well became pregnant before the age of ten years.

Therefore, a man may marry a small girl but he can only establish conjugal relations with her after she becomes pubescent. Ibn Hajar may Allaah have mercy upon him reported that marrying a small girl is permissible but having sexual intercourse is only permissible after her puberty.

What is reported from Muhallab may Allaah have mercy upon him is conforming to the opinion of other scholars as reported by Ash-Shawkaani may Allaah have mercy upon him who said, “All Muslim scholars agree that a father can marry off his minor girl.” This means he can merely conduct the marriage contract, but it does not mean permitting her husband to have conjugal relations with her since she would be unable to bear that.

Mary's small marriage to Youssef, 90 years

as the priests announced through Judea that they wished to find in the tribe of Juda a respectable man to espouse Mary, then twelve to fourteen years of age. Joseph, who was at the time ninety years old, went up to Jerusalem among the candidates;

. This is documented in the Catholic Encyclopedia...
https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08504a.htm

" a respectable man to espouse Mary, then twelve to fourteen years of age, Joseph, who was at the time ninety years old "

http://www.cin.org/users/james/files/key2mary.htm

Edited by toty

3-

Islam has emphasized the importance of reason and thinking, which is reflected in many verses. There are phrases that are repeated dozens of times in the Qur’an, such as “Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you might use reason” [al-Baqarah 2:242], “for a people who give thought” [Yoonus 10:24] and “for a people who understand” [al-An‘aam 6:98].

Allah calls upon us to think in the Qur’an, as He, may He be glorified, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“[This is] a blessed Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that they might reflect upon its verses and that those of understanding would be reminded”

[Saad 38:29].

Allah, may He be glorified, says, calling us to reflect upon His creation (interpretation of the meaning):

“Do they not contemplate within themselves? Allah has not created the heavens and the earth and what is between them except in truth and for a specified term. And indeed, many of the people, in [the matter of] the meeting with their Lord, are disbelievers”

[ar-Room 30:8].

Indeed, Allah, may He be exalted, has criticized the people of Hell by stating that they did not benefit from their reason, and He tells us (interpretation of the meaning):

“And they will say, ‘If only we had been listening or reasoning, we would not be among the companions of the Blaze’”

[al-Mulk 67:10]

“So have they not traveled through the earth and have hearts by which to reason and ears by which to hear? For indeed, it is not eyes that are blinded, but blinded are the hearts which are within the breasts”

[al-Hajj 22:46].

Thinking is an act of worship, which Allah points out in the verses (interpretation of the meaning):

“Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding

Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth, [saying], "Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:190-191].

Shaykh as-Sa‘di said:

Here Allah tells us that “Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding”. This encourages people to think deeply, examine these signs and contemplate the creation. He left the word “signs” ambiguous, and did not state explicitly what it points to, as an indication of the great number and ubiquitous nature of those signs. That is because in creation there are amazing signs that dazzle those who look upon them, convince those who ponder them, attract the hearts of those who are sincere and strengthen the faith of those of understanding. But the details of what these signs contain are impossible for any person to list or even comprehend some of them.

In conclusion, what we see in them of greatness, the vastness and order in the movement of heavenly bodies, point to the greatness of their Creator and His power, which encompasses all things.

Their perfection, precision and beauty point to the wisdom of Allah, His control over all things and the vastness of His knowledge.

The benefits they bring to people are indicative of the vastness of Allah’s mercy, the all-encompassing nature of His grace and kindness, and the necessity of being grateful to Him. All of that indicates that the heart should only be attached to its Creator and originator, and should do its utmost to seek His pleasure, and not associate with Him any of those who have not even an atom’s weight of power over themselves or others on earth or in heaven.

Allah has intended these signs only for those of understanding, namely people of reason, because they are the ones who benefit from that and who contemplate the signs with reason, and do not merely look at them with their eyes.

Then Allah describes those of understanding as being those “who remember Allah” in all circumstances, “standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides”. This includes all types of remembrance of Allah, both verbal and in the heart. That includes praying standing; if that is not possible, then sitting; and if that is not possible then lying on one’s side. “and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth” that is, so that they may reach the conclusion intended (that there is a great Creator).

This indicates that thinking is an act of worship, and is one of the characteristics of the close friends of Allah. When they think and reflect upon these things, they realise that Allah did not create them in vain, and they say: “Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]” and exalted are You above all that is not befitting to Your Majesty; rather You created it in truth, for truth, and including truth.

“then protect us from the punishment of the Fire” by protecting us from doing bad deeds, and helping us to do righteous deeds, so that we might attain thereby salvation from the fire. End quote.

In the hadith narrated from ‘Ata’, he said: ‘Ubayd ibn ‘Umayr and I went to visit ‘Aa’ishah. She said to ‘Ubayd ibn ‘Umayr: It is about time you visited us. He said: O my mother, I say as the first one said: Make your visits at long intervals, and people will love you more. She said: Spare us from this gibberish of yours! Ibn ‘Umayr said: Tell us of the most amazing thing you saw from the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). She remained silent for

a while, then she said: One night he said: “O ‘Aa’ishah, let me focus on worshipping my Lord this night.” I said: By Allah, I love to be near you, and I love what makes you happy. He got up and did wudoo’, then he began to pray. She said: And he kept weeping until his lap became wet. Then he wept and kept weeping until his beard became wet. Then he wept and kept weeping until the ground became wet. Then Bilaal came to call him for prayer, and when he saw him weeping, he said: O Messenger of Allah, why are you weeping when Allah has forgiven you your past and future sins? He said: “Should I not be a thankful slave? Last night a verse was revealed to me; woe to the one who recites it and does not reflect:

‘Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding

Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth, [saying], "Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire’

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:190].”

Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh (2/286). See also as-Silsilah as-Saheehah (1/147).

The man of literature and great thinker, Ustadh ‘Abbaas Mahmoud al-‘Aqqaad, wrote a book on this issue, entitled at-Tafkeer Fareedah Islamiyyah (Thinking is an Islamic Duty).

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/306654/thinking-in-islam

Steps for Quran Contemplation - Ep. 1 - Surah An-Najm | Nouman Ali Khan

When the Disbelievers Fell into Sajdah - Ep. 2 - Surah An-Najm | Nouman Ali Khan

They Accused the Prophet ﷺ of This - Ep. 3 - Surah An-Najm | Nouman Ali Khan

4-

As per Islamic belief Jesus was born without a father, and Muslim scholars are unanimous on this. It may sound unnatural at first but it has been expressed in the Quran that just as Adam had no father, Jesus too did not have a father and for the omnipotent Creator, his creation was the same as that of Adam.

“Jesus in the sight of God is like Adam. He created him from dust; then said to him, ‘Be!’ and he was.” (Quran 3:59)

It must be understood that though Islam and Christianity hold the same position on the miracle birth of Jesus, Islam however does not associate divinity with Jesus Christ. Muslims do not believe Jesus to be the son of God but rather a Prophet just like Abraham, Moses and Muhammad. According to Islamic belief, God has clearly stated in the Quran that he did not beget a son as per Christian traditions. There is another verse to this effect:

Such was Jesus, the son of Mary. That is the whole truth, about which they still dispute: it does not befit the majesty of God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! He is far above that: when He decrees something, He says only, ‘Be!’ and it is. (Quran 19:34-35)

The Quran describes the events that took place before Jesus’ birth. An angel appeared to Mary and gave her the glad tiding about the birth of a son. Mary replied that she had no husband and asked how she could have a son? The angel told her that this was what God had ordained.

“Recount in the Book how Mary withdrew from her people to an eastern place and kept herself in seclusion from them. We sent her Our angel, who presented himself to her as a full-grown human being. When she saw him, she said, ‘I seek refuge in the compassionate God from you; [do not come near] if you fear the Lord.’ ‘I am only the messenger of your Lord,’ he replied. ‘I shall bestow upon you the gift of a son endowed with purity.’ She said, ‘How can I have a son when no man has touched me; and neither have I been unchaste?’ [The angel] replied, ‘So shall it be; your Lord says, “This is easy for Me; and We shall make him a sign to people and a blessing, from Us. This has been decreed.” (Quran 19:16-21)

At another place the Quran says that God breathed His Spirit into Mary before she gave birth to Jesus:

“Remember the one who guarded her chastity; so We breathed Our Spirit into her, and made her and her son a sign for all people.” (Quran 21:91)

This is why in Islam, Jesus is referred to as ruhullah, or ‘the Spirit of God’ and not ibnullah, or ‘the son of God’.

How did Mary (pbuh) give Birth to Jesus (pbuh) According to the Quran? - Dr Zakir Naik

I think it really boils down to Islamic apologetics, which is pretty much identical to Christian apologetics - so you have that in common with Christians, @toty.

You simply decide which hadith you want to suit your narrative.  Perhaps I do too, but there is no arguing that the tradition of Lady Ayesha’s age at the time of marrying Prophet Muhammad comes from a hadith in one of the most authentic collections – Sahih al-Bukhari in which Ayesha, herself, states: “The Messenger of God married me when I was six, and consummated the marriage with me when I was nine.”

Now you can ignore that of course, and rely on a different hadith that reports different things, but in an age where underage marriages were accepted, just as perhaps early Christians and Jews accepted them, I think the most likely way forward is indeed that Mohammad did marry a child. That was considered acceptable back then - I'm just  saying we know better today and have outlawed that behavior.

18 hours ago, toty said:

The Quran describes the events that took place before Jesus’ birth. An angel appeared to Mary and gave her the glad tiding about the birth of a son. Mary replied that she had no husband and asked how she could have a son? The angel told her that this was what God had ordained.

Many Christians and, apparently, all Muslims have a skill that I do not possess; the ability to believe in this sort of thing literally.

In this day and age, with modern education, how can anyone believe in this? My conclusion is they don't have a modern education. Similarly, the take on evolution and the age of the Earth, the great flood. It is all a lack of education, which is supplanted with theology. 

Theology: "A subject without an object."

21 hours ago, romansh said:

Many Christians and, apparently, all Muslims have a skill that I do not possess; the ability to believe in this sort of thing literally.

In this day and age, with modern education, how can anyone believe in this? My conclusion is they don't have a modern education. Similarly, the take on evolution and the age of the Earth, the great flood. It is all a lack of education, which is supplanted with theology. 

Theology: "A subject without an object."

The funny thing is, Islam has bought into the misunderstanding and mistranslation of Mary being a virgin, just as the early Christian writers did too, all because one writer went off the incorrect understanding of Isaiah. 

Mathew used the Greek Septuagint to portray Jesus as fulfilling a prophecy and being born of a virgin, claiming the book of Isaiah prophesied Jesus' birth to a virgin. Later Christian authors followed suite, not because they were inspired by God, but because they followed Mathew's lead. Islam also fell into this trap, as @toty actually demonstrates.

You see the original Hebrew version of Isaiah only describes 'young girl' or young woman' - nothing whatsoever about a virgin.  But Mathew didn't use that version of Isaiah when misrepresenting the 'prophecy' of Jesus' birth, and then dogma just followed along and both early Christian's and Muslims bought into the 'virgin' story, which at the end of the day, is a complete falsehood based on a faulty translation of the Hebrew Bible.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PaulS said:

The funny thing is, Islam has bought into the misunderstanding and mistranslation of Mary being a virgin, just as the early Christian writers did too, all because one writer went off the incorrect understanding of Isaiah. 

Well, I'm not sure "funny" is the right descriptor. But it is evidence for the Qur'an being filched (so to speak) from one of the Christian traditions.

This lends itself, to my position we should take a step back and work from "first principles" from the world around us. I gather there is a precedent for this somewhere in one of the Christian texts. This will bypass all the alleged metaphor interpretations that are required. Or we can treat religious text interpretation as a hobby, a bit like philately, and on a rare occasion find a gem worth keeping.

edit ... you're early/late ... one or the other :) 

Edited by romansh

Posted (edited)

The Qur’an is the only book that is subject to scientific tests and proven correct by scholars

The Holy Qur’an speaks only about scientific facts not myths so the researcher must know that the discovered scientific fact which is a miracle in Qur’an or Sunnah should not be known when Qur’an was descended. On the other hand we have to know that there are many known facts in Qur’an from past times like benefits of honey which is a known fact from thousands of years, but He Almighty included this fact in the Holy book of Qur’an as a proof that this book includes only right facts because people during years of civilizations used to mix facts with myths and legends. Therefore if Qur’an is a human made, we might find mixes of right and wrong facts inside it.

2-

God is capable of all things. He created Adam without a father and a mother
Christ was created from a virgin mother without a father

2-

God gave you your life when you die and your soul leaves your body
Can you, poor, weak person, return your soul to your body and life?!

3-

Traditions in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam in ancient times
Girls are married young when they reach puberty
So why are we surprised by the marriage of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him!

More than once, I tell you, you do not know anything about Islam or Christianity

In Islam, there is a difference between the marriage contract, that is, on paper only
   And intercourse between the spouses

The marriage contract in Islam without intercourse

The husband is waiting for his wife until she reaches puberty

Then he marries her and sleeps with his wife in one bed

As the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, did

The Prophet was her husband on paper only under the marriage contract

And he waited without intercourse until Mrs. Aisha reached  puberty

Whether it is 9, 12 or 14

In our time, we now determine the age of marriage
But in their era, you cannot change their laws
You are really an idiot

Zakir Naik Q&A-88 | Does Islam agrees with Darwin theory of evolution

Age of earth 🌎 in Qur'an
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/yeg1OwrPzaE

Did Noah's flood cover the whole earth? Dr Zakir Naik

Zakir Naik - Flaws in Biblical Story of Noah

Edited by toty

The request for forgiveness must be from God (the Father) directly, without intermediaries who cannot forgive themselves

Christ also asked the Father for forgiveness directly

Your book is distorted and you follow Paul, who destroyed the original Christian doctrine

The straw that broke the camel's back came when the Pope issued in Rome huge quantities of indulgences, which he signed and stamped with the official seal, to be sold to the public who wished to be forgiven for the sins they had committed.

The Pope's representative would go around the cities and villages selling indulgences that erased the buyer's sins because the Pope He is God's representative in this world, and God must honor His promise of forgiveness.

When this idea succeeded in hoarding huge amounts of silver and gold for the church, the Pope’s mind developed another idea: purchasing indulgences in the name of dead relatives in order to help them enter the Kingdom of Heaven. This was the straw that made the German priest Martin Luther write his book “95 Theses” in 1517.

P 1 يدخلون الإسلام أفواجاً - شمسي

هل ستدخل الجنة الأم تريزا والطبيب مجدى يعقوب والصالحين في الدنيا من النصارى والملل الأخرى ؟

لماذا الإسلام يحرم الشذوذ! طالبة بريطانية وشمسي

احمد ديدات كيف يتيقن المسلمون من المغفرة ودخولهم الجنه

scholars have proven the truthfulness of the Qur’an scientifically, historically, and morally

Therefore, I advise people to study Islam in specialized Islamic centers

But your book was proven scientifically, historically and morally wrong by your scholars

Your book was written 300 years after Jesus

See here
Scientists' comments on Quran
https://www.islamicity.org/5437/scientists-comments-on-quran/

Q&A: Was Adam the First Man? Reconciling Creation with the Theory of Evolution | Dr. Shabir Ally

FULL - Dr. Zakir Naik The Quran and the Bible in the Light of Science vs Dr William Campbell

A Christian asks which Part of the Bible is Authentic? - Dr Zakir Naik

How did humanity reproduce from Adam and Eve - Dr. Zakir Naik

If Adam (pbuh) and Eve (pbuh) are our Great Great Grandparents, we all Human Beings are Brothers...

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, toty said:

scholars have proven

You don't understand the nature of science, do you?

In your own words, how has evolution been disproven?

Shabir Ally ... "We must interpret the Qur'an in the light of empirical knowledge."  So as our empirical knowledge changes so doe our interpretation of the Qur'an?

Edited by romansh

@toty

The Qur’an is the only book that is subject to scientific tests and proven correct by scholars.  

This is an identical religious claim made by Christians about the bible.  It's drivel, and a view only held by fundamentalists of both Islam & Christianity. As @romansh shared, the scientific inaccuracies of the Quran (and the bible for that matter) are easily disputed.

The husband is waiting for his wife until she reaches puberty.  Then he marries her and sleeps with his wife in one bed. The Prophet was her husband on paper only under the marriage contract.  And he waited without intercourse until Mrs. Aisha reached  puberty.

Now you're getting it!  Most females will start puberty when they're 8 to 13 years old.  So as I said, Mohammad was sexualizing a young girl as his wife (as was not unusual for the times), but today we know better. Physiologically girls can breed young.  Psychologically we have matured enough to know that it is harmful to children.

Your book was written 300 years after Jesus.

No, in fact scholars can demonstrate that the various books of the New Testament were written within 100 years of Jesus' death.  That doesn't mean much to me though, anymore than saying the Quran was written 600 years later by a single warlord who has sex with a 13 year old wife.

Posted (edited)

Interpretation of the Qur’an is subject to the words of God in the Qur’an and the explanation of the Qur’an by the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him  
Scholars cannot contradict the words of God in the Qur’an and the explanation of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him

But we find the Jews and Christians interpreting their book according to their desires

The Quran is the original to correct scientific theories
The Quran is fixed
Therefore, The Quran is a reference to know the correctness of scientific theory

The Noble Qur’an is a divine book and a sacred text that God revealed so as to encompass matters of belief, legal practice, morality, ideals and lessons. God fashioned the Qur’an  and he guarded it from error unlike the other divine books.

For many centuries, humankind was unable to study certain data contained in the verses of the Qur’an because they did not possess sufficient scientific means. It is only today that numerous verses of the Qur’an dealing with natural phenomena have become comprehensible. A reading of old commentaries on the Qur’an, however knowledgeable their authors may have been in their day, bears solemn witness to a total inability to grasp the depth of meaning in such verses. I could even go so far as to say that, in the 20th century, with its compartmentalization of ever-increasing knowledge, it is still not easy for the average scientist to understand everything he reads in the Qur’an on such subjects, without having recourse to specialized research.

Scientific statements such as these are only one specific aspect of the Islamic revelation which the Bible does not share.

Professor Jacques Berque has told me of the great importance he attaches to it in comparison with the long gap separating the writing down of the Judeo-Christian revelation from the facts and events which it relates. Let us not forget that today we also have a number of manuscripts of the first written versions of the Qur’an which were from a time period very close to the time of revelation.

The slightest alteration to the text would have automatically destroyed the remarkable coherence which is characteristic to them. Change in any text would have prevented us from establishing their total conformity with modern knowledge. The presence of these statements spread throughout the Qur’an looks (to the impartial observer ) like an obvious hallmark of its authenticity..

It is enough that Aisha reached puberty when she was nine years old, and the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, married her with the approval of her family, and society did not oppose this marriage in their time. It was very normal.

Like marriage in Judaism and Christianity at that time
Like Mary, 12 years old, and Joseph, 90 years old

In addition, Aisha was engaged and broke off her engagement before the Prophet Muhammad appeared in her life

3-

"The European wars of religion were a series of wars waged in Europe during the 16th, 17th and early 18th centuries. Fought after the Protestant Reformation began in 1517, the wars disrupted the religious and political order in the Catholic countries of Europe, or Christendom. "

"Moreover we find that it was Christianity – and not Islam – that eradicated the Native people in America"

Yes, it was Christian people who dispossess the native people of their lands in America and elsewhere,

.What do they have to say about what happened – and is still happening – in Chechnya? In Africa? Indonesia and elsewhere? Can they deny that what happened in Kosovo was a Crusade? Didn’t Bush say in his last war: “It will be a crusade”?

Such atrocities did not occur when the Muslims fought in jihad against their enemies. They did not kill women or children or ordinary people. It is worth noting the instructions that Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq gave to Usaamah ibn Zayd and his troops:

“Do not commit any act of treachery or betrayal. Do not steal from the war booty. Do not mutilate any dead body. Do not kill any child, old man or woman. Do not cut down any palm trees or burn them. Do not cut down any fruit-bearing tree. Do not slaughter any sheep, cow or camel, except for food. If you pass by people who have devoted themselves to worship in hermitages, then leave them to that to which they have devoted themselves.”

4-

What does it matter if islam was six and a half centuries later... Judaism is much older than Christianity but Allah sent Jesus (AS) to correct their ways as they had strayed from their true religion... But the Christians also erred seriously when they attributed to Jesus (AS) divinity.

Appealing to revelatory chronology, claiming that a revelation is wrong on account of being revealed after another supposed revelation, is just plain stupid,

The "OT" doesn't confirm anything about Christianity. Christianity is a hodgepodge of idolatrous, pagan bullshit

Thus Allah (SWT) revealed the Quran and another Prophet (SAW) to the whole universe in order to preach the true message that all the other Prophets preached which was : Worship ONE GOD..

in the Qur'an
God forbids usury, adultery, alcohol, gambling, pork, incest,
However, we find in the Bible that these calamities are not prohibited in some parts of it
And Christians do it openly and attribute it to Christ and they are not ashamed

Christians are deceived by the devil

Because their book contains these taboos
But the Qur'an forbids that

Hopefully more of the people will take heed to the blessed counsel of the Most High which He made available to us through the Quran.

5-

the gospels were written much later and not by eyewitnesses. How do we know they  are accurate? Also they were not written by who they claim to have been written by. They were copied by scribes all along the way, themselves also making mistakes and altering the texts to their church's liking. The KJV version of the bible I think was finalised by Erasmus in the 1500's.

Who wrote the Gospels and when? Bart Ehrman vs Peter J Williams  

05-12-2018 Dr. Zakir Naik: The Quran And Modern Science

How the Bible was corrupted by Dr. Bart Ehrman YouTube

Edited by toty

3 hours ago, toty said:

The Quran is fixed. Therefore, The Quran is a reference to know the correctness of scientific theory.

It is bad science at best.  Sure, it was what was understood at the time, so you can't blame the original authors, but much of the scientific claims in the Quran have been outdated by modern science:

-The Qur'an presents the prevailing Middle-Eastern myth that the Earth and heavens were formed in six days. This is in sharp contrast with the findings of modern cosmology which show the Earth to have formed some 9 billion years after the beginning of the universe.

- The Qur'an states that stars (kawakib ٱلْكَوَاكِبِ), lamps (masabih مَصَٰبِيحَ) and great stars/constellations/zodiac signs (burūj بُرُوجًا) adorn the heavens and guard against devils. The Qur'an further asserts that Allah has made them (the stars/lamps) flaming missiles to ward away devils (or in some verses, jinn), who attempt to listen in on heavenly meetings (known as the Exalted Assembly). The Quranic concept has a close parallel in an earlier Jewish development from Zoroastrian mythology. Such myths are best understood as pre-modern attempts to explain the common phenomenon of meteors streaking across the night sky.

- The Qur’an states that the first man was created instantaneously from clay (salsalin صَلْصَٰلٍ) / mud (hamain حَمَإٍ). There is no indication that the author is aware of the evolution of human life over millions of years or our common ancestry with apes and primates. While some scientists argue over the detailed mechanisms driving evolution, they agree that common descent is an overwhelmingly proven fact.

- The Qur'an states that semen originates from somewhere between the backbone and ribs. Other verses and hadiths too suggest a reproductive function for the backbone. While this aligns with the views of the physicians of antiquity, modern science has shown that sperm comes from the testicles and semen from various glands behind and below the bladder, which is not between the backbone and ribs.

I could go on and on, but really, what would be the point. Only close-minded believers refuse to accept that a book written some 1500 years ago was influenced by the scientific ignorance of the time (as was the bible).  This version of Islam needs to make room for modernity.

3 hours ago, toty said:

Like marriage in Judaism and Christianity at that time. Like Mary, 12 years old, and Joseph, 90 years old.

It seems we agree that relationships, such as Mohammad having sex with a 13 year old girl (in marriage), were considered culturally accepted back then.  But we have matured as a culture and we now know better.  NOBODY would say today that having sex with a 13yr old child is healthy for that child.

3 hours ago, toty said:

the gospels were written much later and not by eyewitnesses. How do we know they  are accurate? Also they were not written by who they claim to have been written by. They were copied by scribes all along the way, themselves also making mistakes and altering the texts to their church's liking. The KJV version of the bible I think was finalised by Erasmus in the 1500's.

I agree with you about the New Testament - you do realize this is a Progressive Christian website? However the KJV of the bible was actually finalized in 1611, when it went to print for the first time.

23 hours ago, toty said:

Interpretation of the Qur’an is subject to the words of God in the Qur’an and the explanation of the Qur’an by the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him  
Scholars cannot contradict the words of God in the Qur’an and the explanation of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him

So you disagree with Shabir Ally when he says, "We must interpret the Qur'an in the light of empirical knowledge"? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Your words are incorrect because scientists have proven the validity of the scientific miracles in the Qur’an and proven the fall and distortion of your bible

Scientists' comments on Quran
https://www.islamicity.org/5437/scientists-comments-on-quran/

see here

Quran has a Contradiction saying Allah Created the Heavens and the Earth in 6 days and in other ...

Satan And Shooting Stars #HUDATV

According to Islam, are humans made from nothing, sperm, dirt, mud, blood, clay, water, or what ?

Dr.Zakir Naik | DA VINCI THEORY About Apes And Humans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnPYaO1APNE

Did humans evolved from monkeys? Amazing reply to Atheists

What Islam says about Darwin theory ┇ Zakir Naik best answer ┇ IslamSearch.org

Pooja Asks Dr Zakir, “Qur’an is Corrupted as it says Sperm is Produced between Backbones”

2-

Interpretation of the Qur’an

If empirical knowledge"supports the Qur’an,
but if empirical knowledge" contradicts the Qur’an, we will not care about it

because

The Quran is fixed
Therefore, The Quran is a reference to know the correctness of scientific theory

Edited by toty

Islam simply denying evolution is not scientific evidence that evolution is not real. In fact, in direct contravention to the Islamic propaganda you have posted, there is a world full of direct scientific evidence demonstrating evolution. But just like a fundamentalist Christian, I do not expect you to be able to be persuaded, and that can only come from genuinely investigating the matter for yourself, which includes stepping outside of only Islamic teachers.  I hope you are brave enough to do so one day. 

It's 2024 @toty.  The world has moved on from these childish defenses of creationism.  Our science and medical advancements are all based around the understanding of evolution - biology, geology, biochemistry, physics, anatomy, astronomy, etc.  We would not have these sciences if we still believed the earth was flat, that heaven was a dome covering the earth, and that human beings were created out of mud. Fundamental Islam has that directly in common with fundamental Christianity.

Your words are incorrect

The facts of the Qur’an are true without a doubt

With scientific evidence, as I mentioned previously

But your book is incorrect, so do not compare the Qur’an with the Bible

And also

The Scientific Case Against Evolution

the lack of any observable scientific evidence for macroevolution (that is, evolution from one distinct kind of organism into another). This odd situation is briefly documented here by citing recent statements from leading evolutionists admitting their lack of proof. These statements inadvertently show that evolution on any significant scale does not occur at present, and never happened in the past, and could never happen at all.

Evolution Is Not Happening Now

First of all, the lack of a case for evolution is clear from the fact that no one has ever seen it happen. If it were a real process, evolution should still be occurring, and there should be many "transitional" forms that we could observe. What we see instead, of course, is an array of distinct "kinds" of plants and animals with many varieties within each kind, but with very clear and -- apparently -- unbridgeable gaps between the kinds. That is, for example, there are many varieties of dogs and many varieties of cats, but no "dats" or "cogs." Such variation is often called microevolution, and these minor horizontal (or downward) changes occur fairly often, but such changes are not true "vertical" evolution.

Evolutionary geneticists have often experimented on fruit flies and other rapidly reproducing species to induce mutational changes hoping they would lead to new and better species, but these have all failed to accomplish their goal. No truly new species has ever been produced, let alone a new "basic kind."

A current leading evolutionist, Jeffrey Schwartz, professor of anthropology at the University of Pittsburgh, has recently acknowledged that:

. . . it was and still is the case that, with the exception of Dobzhansky's claim about a new species of fruit fly, the formation of a new species, by any mechanism, has never been observed.

The scientific method traditionally has required experimental observation and replication. The fact that macroevolution (as distinct from microevolution) has never been observed would seem to exclude it from the domain of true science. Even Ernst Mayr, the dean of living evolutionists, longtime professor of biology at Harvard, who has alleged that evolution is a "simple fact," nevertheless agrees that it is an "historical science" for which "laws and experiments are inappropriate techniques"2 by which to explain it. One can never actually see evolution in action.

Nevertheless, because of the lack of any direct evidence for evolution, evolutionists are increasingly turning to dubious circumstantial evidences, such as similarities in DNA or other biochemical components of organisms as their "proof" that evolution is a scientific fact. A number of evolutionists have even argued that DNA itself is evidence for evolution since it is common to all organisms. More often is the argument used that similar DNA structures in two different organisms proves common evolutionary ancestry.

Neither argument is valid. There is no reason whatever why the Creator could not or would not use the same type of genetic code based on DNA for all His created life forms. This is evidence for intelligent design and creation, not evolution.

The most frequently cited example of DNA commonality is the human/chimpanzee "similarity," noting that chimpanzees have more than 90% of their DNA the same as humans. This is hardly surprising, however, considering the many physiological resemblances between people and chimpanzees. Why shouldn't they have similar DNA structures in comparison, say, to the DNA differences between men and spiders?

Similarities -- whether of DNA, anatomy, embryonic development, or anything else -- are better explained in terms of creation by a common Designer than by evolutionary relationship. The great differences between organisms are of greater significance than the similarities, and evolutionism has no explanation for these if they all are assumed to have had the same ancestor. How could these great gaps between kinds ever arise at all, by any natural process?

The apparently small differences between human and chimpanzee DNA obviously produce very great differences in their respective anatomies, intelligence, etc. The superficial similarities between all apes and human beings are nothing compared to the differences in any practical or observable sense.

Nevertheless, evolutionists, having largely become disenchanted with the fossil record as a witness for evolution because of the ubiquitous gaps where there should be transitions, recently have been promoting DNA and other genetic evidence as proof of evolution. However, , this is often inconsistent with, not only the fossil record, but also with the comparative morphology of the creatures. just a few typical contradictions yielded by this type of evidence in relation to more traditional Darwinian "proofs."

Read more

https://www.icr.org/home/resources/resources_tracts_scientificcaseagainstevolution/

The Quran Mentions the Earth is Spherical in Shape 1400 years ago - Dr Zakir Naik

The Sky is a Protected Ceiling - Dr Zakir Naik

Mention Scientific Facts which are Mentioned in the Quran which Science has not yet Discovered it?

Posted (edited)

@toty is filching his so-called science from The Institute for Creation Research.

The Scientific Case Against Evolution | The Institute for Creation Research (icr.org) 

He is incapable of presenting an argument of his own or finding a reputable science article; he simply copies and pastes stuff that was likely borrowed. No self respecting- apologist would go near the Discovery Institute or the Institute for Creation Research.

Here is what wiki says about ICR
The Institute for Creation Research (ICR) is a creationist apologetics institute in Dallas, Texas, that specializes in media promotion of pseudoscientific creation science and interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative as a historical event

Edited by romansh
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 2:20 AM, toty said:

Your words are incorrect. The facts of the Qur’an are true without a doubt. With scientific evidence, as I mentioned previously. But your book is incorrect, so do not compare the Qur’an with the Bible.

You tend to sound a bit like a 'resounding gong or a clanging cymbal', to quote the bible.

I get you don't believe in evolution.  You have that in common with fundamental Christianity. All of your 'cut & paste' reasoning is easily refuted - just follow the science (not biased creationism websites).

4 minutes ago, PaulS said:

You tend to sound a bit like a 'resounding gong or a clanging cymbal', to quote the bible.

I get you don't believe in evolution.  You have that in common with fundamental Christianity. All of your 'cut & paste' reasoning is easily refuted - just follow the science (not biased creationism websites).

The bit I don't get is, @toty goes to a fundamentalist Christian site, where they believe the literal truth of the Bible.

It's bizarre.

37 minutes ago, romansh said:

The bit I don't get is, @toty goes to a fundamentalist Christian site, where they believe the literal truth of the Bible.

It's bizarre.

I guess all fundamentalists sometimes don't care just where they get self-supporting information from.  Whatever it takes to support the house of cards I guess.

A Mercy for the Believers 

The Messenger's compassion towards the believers was of the utmost degree. The Quran describes his compassion in the following verse, which means:

- لَقَدْ جَاءكُمْ رَسُولٌ مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ عَزِيزٌ عَلَيْهِ مَا عَنِتُّمْ حَرِيصٌ عَلَيْكُم بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ رَؤُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ

"There has certainly come to you a Messenger from among yourselves. Grievous to him is what you suffer; [he is] concerned over you [i.e., your guidance] and to the believers is kind and merciful." (Quran: 9:128)

Sa'd bin 'Ubaadah once became ill, so Allah's Messenger visited him in his house. On seeing his faithful Companion in a pitiful state, he was moved to tears. Then, he said: "Allah does not punish because of tears, nor because of grief, but he punishes because of this."- and he pointed to his tongue. (Al-Bukhari)

A Mercy Towards his Enemies

The prisoners of war taken captive at the battle of Badr were amongst his bitterest enemies. Nevertheless, he made sure that they were given the best of treatment. Among them was Suhayl bin 'Amr who was a fiery speaker and was denouncing the Prophet. 'Umar one the Prophet's closest companions, suggested that two of his lower teeth be pulled out so that he might not be so vile in his speeches. The Prophet replied: "Were I to do this, Allah would disfigure me on the Day of Judgment, despite the fact that I am His messenger." (Hadith)

In Makkah, his people inflicted him with every kind of suffering, eventually forcing him to emigrate to Madinah, and then waged war on him for five years. However, when he conquered Makkah without bloodshed in the twenty-first year of his Prophethood, he asked the Makkan unbelievers who were awaiting his decision about them: "How do you expect me to treat you?" They responded unanimously: "You are a noble one, the son of a noble one." He announced to them his decision: "You may go free! No reproach this day shall be on you; may God forgive you."

A Mercy for Women

Prophet Muhammad was also very kind and affectionate towards women. Women were very badly treated in those times. The Noble Prophet gave them honor and dignity at par with men in the community. 'Umar reported: "We did not have much regard for women while we were at Makkah, but they were better treated in Madinah. Allah's Messenger established women's rights through his sayings and commandments, which improved their position and status."

A Mercy for Children

Allah's Messenger was particularly compassionate towards children. When he saw a child crying, he sat beside him or her and shared his or her feelings. He felt the pain of a mother for her child more than the mother herself. Once he said: "I stand in prayer and wish to prolong it. However, I hear the cry of a child and cut the prayer short for the anxiety which the mother is feeling." (Al-Bukhari)

He would take children in his arms and embrace them. He was once hugging his beloved grandsons, Hasan and Hussain, when Aqrah bin Haabis told him, 'I have got ten children. So far, I have not kissed any of them.' Allah's Messenger responded: "The one with no pity for others is not pitied." (Al-Bukhari and Muslim) According to another version, he said: "What can I do for you if Allah has removed from you the feeling of compassion?" (At-Tirmidhi)

A Mercy for Animals

His compassion encompassed not only human beings, but also animals.

The Prophet forbade his companions to keep the unintelligent creatures hungry or thirsty, to disturb or to overburden them. He commended that kindness and putting them at ease were meritorious acts tending to bring man nearer to Allah. Abu Hurairah reports the Prophet as saying: "A traveler who was thirsty saw a well in the way. He got inside the well and when he came out he saw a dog licking mud due to thirst. The man realized that the dog was as thirsty as him, so he got into the well again, filled his leather sock with water and carried it out holding it with his teeth. Thus, he quenched the thirst of the dog. Allah was pleased with this act of kindness and pardoned his sins." The Companions asked: "O Messenger of Allah is there recompense in the matter of beasts and wild animals also?" The Prophet replied: "There is recompense in regard to every creature that has a living heart."

'Abdullah bin 'Umar related that the Prophet said: "A woman was cast away to hell only because she had withheld food and water from her cat and refused to set it free so that the cat might satisfy its hunger by eating worms and insects."

Once on return from a military campaign, a few Companions took away the chicks of a bird from their nest to stroke them. The mother bird came back and when it could not find its chicks in the nest, it began to fly around screeching. When informed of the matter, Allah's Messenger became angry and ordered the chicks to be put back in the nest. (Abu Dawood)

Conclusion

The love and compassion of Allah's Messenger for all kinds of creatures was not of the kind claimed by today's 'humanists'. He was sincere and balanced in his love and compassion. He was more compassionate than any other person. He was a Prophet raised by Allah, the Creator and Sustainer of all beings, for the guidance and happiness of conscious beings - mankind and jinn - and the harmony of existence. Therefore, he lived not for himself but for others; he is a mercy for all the worlds.

Tears of faith! A woman and her lover convert to Islam in a very touching situation that made her cry bitterly!

🇮🇪
🇮🇪👩🏻🦰 An Irish woman left Christianity and thought that Islam was not for her until she saw Sheikh Othman! Something unexpected happened!

21 hours ago, toty said:

A Mercy for Animals

The Prophet forbade his companions to keep the unintelligent creatures hungry or thirsty, to disturb or to overburden them. He commended that kindness and putting them at ease were meritorious acts tending to bring man nearer to Allah. Abu Hurairah reports the Prophet as saying: "A traveler who was thirsty saw a well in the way. He got inside the well and when he came out he saw a dog licking mud due to thirst. The man realized that the dog was as thirsty as him, so he got into the well again, filled his leather sock with water and carried it out holding it with his teeth. Thus, he quenched the thirst of the dog. Allah was pleased with this act of kindness and pardoned his sins." The Companions asked: "O Messenger of Allah is there recompense in the matter of beasts and wild animals also?" The Prophet replied: "There is recompense in regard to every creature that has a living heart."

This is good news! :) I don't need to convert to Islam because as you have made clear - a single kindness to an animal (like giving a thirsty dog water) is enough for Allah to be pleased and pardon my sins! :) I have already met this standard several times over in my life.  I'm all good.  Thanks.