Love and compassion

Among the miracles that were granted to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, as divine support for his Da‘wah (call) and a means of uplifting his status, was the speech of inanimate objects and animals to him. This matter had a great effect on souls, stimulated minds and drew people's attention to the Da‘wah. It also proved to people that the Da‘wah was true and real and supported by arguments and evidence. Therefore, it was only appropriate for sensible people to accept it and follow the great religion of Islam which brings them benefits, wards off harm, elevates their position among nations and guarantees for them happiness in both worlds.

Indeed, inanimate objects and animals spoke: food exalted Allaah The Almighty, stones and trees saluted the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, the trunk of a palm tree yearned for him, and a camel complained to him. These miracles and lessons certainly occurred and were authentically narrated so that they would be believed and accepted - even if they might contradict human reason.

Among the inanimate objects that Allah The Almighty made to speak to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, was food. Once, while it was being eaten, some food exalted Allaah The Almighty and the Companions heard its exaltation. ‘Abdullaah ibn Mas‘ood said,"We were with the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said: ‘Bring the remaining water with you.’People brought a utensil containing a little water. He dipped his hand in it and said:'Come to the blessed water - and the Blessing is from Allaah!’ I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of the Messenger, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, and we certainly heard the food glorifying Allaah when it was being eaten [by him]." [Al-Bukhaari]

In Al-Fat’h, Al-Haafith Ibn Hajar mentioned that grapes, ripe dates and gravel all exalted Allaah The Almighty.

It is also mentioned in this regard that stones, mountains and trees would greet the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. It was narrated on the authority of Jaabir ibn Samurah that the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said: "I recognize a stone in Makkah which would salute me before my commissioning as a Prophet. I still recognize it." [Muslim]

As another example, ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib said,“I was once with the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, in Makkah and we went out to some location. Every mountain and tree which the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, passed by would salute him,[(saying], 'Peace be upon you, O Messenger of Allaah.''' [At-Tirmithi and Ad-Daarimi. Saheeh - Al-Albaani]

Moreover, the tree-trunk which the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, would stand beside while giving his Khutbah (Friday sermon) was one of the inanimate objects which talked to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. Ibn ‘Umar said,“The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, would deliver his Khutbah while standing beside a trunk (of a palm-tree). When he had the pulpit made, he used it instead. The trunk therefore began weeping, and so the Prophet went to it and rubbed his hand over it [to stop it crying]." [Al-Bukhaari]

Another wording states, "The trunk bellowed like a bull such that the mosque shook." [Ad-Daarimi]

A third wording states, "The trunk bellowed until it cracked and split." [Ahmad]

Also, the speech of animals was another miracle with which Allaah The Almighty honored His Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. There was a camel who complained to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, about the injustice of its owner. ‘Abdullaah ibn Ja‘far said,The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, let me ride behind him one day and told me something in secret which I will not divulge to anyone. The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, would mostly prefer to relieve himself whilst hiding behind a high object or in a garden of small palm-trees. He once entered a garden that belonged to a man from Al-Ansaar. There he found a camel which moaned and shed tears when it saw the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, went to it and rubbed the top and bottom of its ears, and it consequently stopped moaning. The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, then asked:'Who is the owner of this camel? Whose camel is this?'A young man from the Ansaar [helpers] came and said, ‘It is mine, O Messenger of Allaah.’ Thereupon, the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said:‘Will you not fear Allaah with regard to this beast which Allaah The Almighty caused you to possess? It complained to me that you starve it and exhaust it."” [Ahmad and Abu Dawood. Al-Albaani - Saheeh]

Exalted is Allaah who made inanimate objects and animals speak to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, and made this a miracle that proved the veracity of his Prophethood and Da‘wah!

دعوة حارس الامن الى الاسلام والنتيجة!! - ذاكر نايك Zakir Naik

فلبيني يسأل الدكتور ذاكر سؤال من اكثر الاسئلة جمالاً!! - ذاكر نايك

محاضرة الهدف من الخلق كاملة || ذاكر نايك - The Purpose of the Creation Full || Zakir Naik

@toty You are free to keep posting this repetitive spam on this thread that you started, but you must know that it is viewed by very few individuals.  

As @romansh has pointed out, just bombing here post after post really does fail to provide the opportunity for you to try and persuade and explain to non-believers where you think they are wrong.

I have seen this has been your standard way of posting on several other Christian and Muslim sites, so I don't hold a lot of hope that you might listen, but could you please rather engage with people on this forum and discuss questions they raise following your posts.  Looking at where else you have posted, it looks like you're about to run out of material soon, so perhaps now might be an opportunity to start engaging with others who are prepared to engage with you about Islam?

All the prophets are dead and their souls are with God (the Father)

The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, died and left his nation that adhered to the correct law of God

Unlike other nations that changed and changed the religion of God according to their desires and worshiped man

The Prophet Jesus was only a human being, never a god, and never claimed divinity

Christ and Muhammad, the prophets of God, will not bear the sins of people
Only God the Father will judge our deeds on the Day of Resurrection
Jesus, peace be upon him, was not killed, nor was he crucified, and he will not bear the sins of people

The most common belief among Christians is the belief that Jesus died for our sins, but the question is:
Who said that Jesus died for our sins?

Actually when we look at the verses Christians use to prove this belief, we find that 95% of these verses are from Paul’s epistles, and the verses used to prove this belief from the Gospels are very few, which puts a question mark on its source and whether Jesus really told that he would die on the cross for our sins.

we as Muslims don’t need to believe that God needs to be a man or to be crucified for our sins, because God is mightier than that, we actually believe that this is a blasphemy and an insult against God. For sin to be forgiven by God, mans should repent faithfully to God, and acknowledge his sins, and God is the All Forgiver and All Merciful who will forgive him if He really knew he is really intending to repent and stop the sin:

110. And whoever does a wrong or wrongs himself but then seeks forgiveness of Allāh will find Allāh Forgiving and Merciful. ( Holy Quran 4:110)
Doesn’t God forgive sins without Jesus dying?

No need for all that so that God forgives my sins, and this is what is also said by the Old Testament:

Eze 18:21″But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is just and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

Eze 18:22None of the transgressions that he has committed shall be remembered against him; for the righteousness that he has done he shall live.
Did Jesus know that he came to die for our sins?

God only punishes the guilty in Islam and does not harm the innocent
Muslims do not believe in blood sacrifice and they do not believe that a holy man like Jesus should die such a cruel and humiliating death. He bears the sins of mankind while he is innocent

It is better for God to forgive without bloodshed, because He is able to do so, as in Islam, God forgives without killing an innocent person and shedding blood.
God only punishes those who commit a sin, and does not punish the oppressed

And in Matthew 16-27: and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

. Christ Himself decides that each person will be rewarded according to his deeds. This contradicts inherited sin and salvation by crucifixion, because the text indicates that salvation is through work and not by crucifixion

Christian concept that jesus will die for their sins Vs Muslims Allah's forgiveness

2 hours ago, toty said:

Muslims don’t need to believe that God needs to be a man

In Progressive Christian circles you don't even need to believe there is a God.
Exhibit A

• Upvote 1

How come fundamentalist Muslims always say "peace be upon him" when they mention Muhammad?

What will happen if you don't say 'peace be upon him' after saying his name?

Posted (edited)

peace be upon him

It means respect and love for the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

We also say it to the Prophet Jesus, peace be upon him

We also say it to the Prophet Moses,peace be upon him

And for all the prophets from Adam to the last prophet, Muhammad, peace be upon them

It was narrated by Anas ibn Malik that the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) said: ”If someone sends one prayer upon me, Allah sends ten prayers upon him, He erases for him ten mistakes, and He raises him ten degrees.”

Praying on the prophet one time, Allah will send us blessings ten times, and ten of the mistakes we committed will be erased.

Praying on the prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) will get us closer to him in the afterlife. The prophet said:

“The person closest to me on the Day of Resurrection is the one who sent the most prayers upon me.”

Sending Blessings Upon the Prophet ﷺ | Deeds to Habit

Q&A: Why Do Muslims Mention the Prophet Muhammad in Ritual Prayer? | Dr. Shabir Ally

see here

You will be shocked

Debate: Dr. Zakir Naik vs. Dr William Campbell - The Quran and the Bible in the Light of Science

Is the Islam True Religion If Yes, How? Answered By Dr. Zakir Naik

حمزة تزورتزيس يدافع عن النبي في ركن المتحدثين | Speakers Corner | Hyde Park

Edited by toty

This one is fun

4 hours ago, toty said:

Praying on the prophet one time, Allah will send us blessings ten times, and ten of the mistakes we committed will be erased.

It's a bit self-serving is it not?

In Islam, it is sufficient for a person to bear witness that God (the Father) is God

Man bears witness that the Prophet Muhammad, may God bless him and grant him peace, is the Messenger of God

Man bears witness that Jesus is a prophet of God, like all other prophets
In addition to good deeds,

God will admit him to heaven
Faith with good deeds

What is the fate of non-Muslims like Gandhi and Mother Teresa? - Zakir Naik

Does a Christian enter heaven or hell? Great answer from Zakir Naik

2-

What does it matter if islam was six and a half centuries later... Judaism is much older than Christianity but Allah sent Jesus (AS) to correct their ways as they had strayed from their true religion... But the Christians also erred seriously when they attributed to Jesus (AS) divinity.

Appealing to revelatory chronology, claiming that a revelation is wrong on account of being revealed after another supposed revelation, is just plain stupid,

The "OT" doesn't confirm anything about Christianity. Christianity is a hodgepodge of idolatrous, pagan bullshit

. You're the worst type of pagan idolater because you're trying to kill God for your sins.

The Qur’an refers to the sacred books in the time of the prophets were authentic

But now these books are distorted and the Qur’an corrects their distortion

There are a few authentic verses from the Bible that do not contradict the sayings of the ancient prophets,  and the words of the Prophet Jesus, and the words of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon them.
And we care about it

Thus Allah (SWT) revealed the Quran and another Prophet (SAW) to the whole universe in order to preach the true message that all the other Prophets preached which was : Worship ONE GOD..

in the Qur'an

God forbids usury, adultery, alcohol, gambling, pork, incest,

However, we find in the Bible that these calamities are not prohibited in some parts of it

And Christians do it openly and attribute it to Christ and they are not ashamed

Christians are deceived by the devil

Because their book contains these taboos

But the Qur'an forbids that

The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, who ordered the abandonment of usury, adultery, alcohol, gambling, pork, and incest.

Was he manipulated by Satan and dishonest or your book?

It is clear that you and your book are dishonest and have no integrity

Hopefully more of the people will take heed to the blessed counsel of the Most High which He made available to us through the Quran.

كلام الله، هل هو القرآن أم الإنجيل؟|The Qur'an Or The Bible, Which Is God's Word

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylm0RMIeIKc

Christians are deceived by the devil, because their book contains these taboos, but the Qur'an forbids that. The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, who ordered the abandonment of usury, adultery, alcohol, gambling, pork, and incest. Was he manipulated by Satan and dishonest or your book? It is clear that you and your book are dishonest and have no integrity.

I'm not sure you're on the right track challenging anybody's integrity against a book written millennia ago.  Clearly the authors wrote in there what was culturally and sociably the norm at that time - such as not eating pork - something taken by Islam from Judaism.  I don't think any logical person today would think of pork as a health hazard or any other good reason why to ban eating it, so to me it's strange that a 1500 year old religion still rules it out for questionable reasons.

Also, you do realize that incest is highest in Islamic populations?  Integrity to the Koran and Allah? No, I'd say more to do with societal expectations (or turning a blind eye to such).

STUDY: Islamic societies have the highest rates of incest in the world.

As I said Judaism, Christianity and Islam are messages from God

But a distortion occurred in Judaism and Christianity, and God sent His Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, to correct this distortion

and pay attention to the correct verses remaining in the Holy Bible.

Therefore, we find similarities in the three religions

. WAS THE QUR'AN COPIED FROM THE BIBLE? - DR ZAKIR NAIK

2-

Praying over ones food is not enough. One should be making the correct food choices in order to be healthy. Any thinking outside this is not healthy, on a nutritious level.

Pork should be on the "do-not-eat" list because it is scientific fact that pork contains a slimy parasite --Trichinella spiralis,

Bible babble falls outside the logic and scientific aspects

In fact the Bible will never be the cornerstone of actual common sense, knowledge, wisdom, and understanding

So, everything that Allah has prohibited is noxious and repulsive. Furthermore, noxious things indicate everything that spoils man's life: in his health, property or morals.

In a research project undertaken in America,

A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die.

This indicates that ova found in meat do not die when exposed to high temperatures

Then, modern scientific studies provide us with important information concerning diseases and harmful germs that are spread and originated by pig. Among these harmful things are germs and a tapeworm called “Treichine” (trichina) which grows in the flesh of swine and occupies human intestines resisting all medicines used to discharge it. Also, such an armed tapeworm may cling within one's muscles, resisting medicine to remove it. Thus, science gives a clear-cut justification for the prohibition of the flesh of swine and the wisdom becomes visible.

According to Larousse, a French encyclopedia, the noxious worm “Treichine” (trichina) passes along the human body heading to the heart, and then, settles in one's muscles, especially in chest, eye, throat and midriff, where its embryos remain alive for years.

But what we think we need to draw you attention to is some other things that are also mentioned in your Holy Book, this time in the New Testament which tells you that the rulings of the Torah still apply to you and cannot be changed. Does’t it say in the Bible that the Messiah said:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them but to fulfil them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.”

Matthew 5:17-18?

see here

Why Muslims Don't Eat pork?(Experiment)

Dr Zakir Naik proved that having Pork is prohibited haraam in Islam as well as in Christianity

3-

There is a difference between marriage between relatives Such  a paternal uncle’s daughter, a paternal aunt’s daughter,   which is permitted by law.

Such marriages are allowed in many other religions and cultures as well. In United States, most of the states allow marriages between the first cousins. There is nothing wrong in this marriage.

and between incest through adultery with a sister or aunt, which is not permissible according to Islamic law

Don't confuse the two

The second type is incest, which is very widespread in your book and in Western countries, and mixing of lineages

However, it is a good practice to have a blood test before marriage. If one suspects some hereditary disease or any other problem then he/she should seek the advice of a medical expert in this field. The chances of health risk in this marriage are very rare. Most of the marriages have been good and children quite healthy.”

Elaborating on the issue whether it is preferable not to marry close cousins, we’d like to cite for you the following fatwa:

“Islam permits marriage between first cousins. If we read the Qur’anic verses which enumerate women to whom a Muslim cannot be married, you will find that this list does not include cousins.

The Islamic view is that while marriage between cousins is permissible, it is preferable to choose a marriage partner from outside one’s family. We have to distinguish between what is permitted and what is advocated. Some clans restrict marriages to amongst their kin only – a practice far from what is advocated. It is worth stressing here that when marriage of cousins is repeated over several generations, they are bound to have more effects on children.

By permitting such marriages Islam does not encourage them. It advocates the cementing of social relations through marriages between totally unrelated families.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) once told one of his Companions to choose a wife from a tribe different to his, and then to choose for his son a wife from a third tribe, and to seek for his second son a girl from yet another tribe.

Preferring this course of action, Islam nevertheless permits marriage between cousins because it meets a social need.”

Excerpted, with modifications, from: www.islamicity.com

In conclusion, it is clear that Islam, undoubtedly, permits marrying cousins. As for the issue of preferring to choose a marriage partner from outside one’s family, this varies from one case to another. Yet, Islam is generally keen to widen the circle of social bonds. As for the fear of hereditary diseases, it is a good practice to have a blood test before marriage. If one suspects some hereditary disease or any other problem then he/she should seek the advice of a medical expert in this field.

May Allah guide you to the straight path and direct you to that which pleases Him, Ameen.

Praying for the Prophet Muhammad and saying peace be upon him

Imagine if you said peace be upon him ten, a hundred, or a thousand times every day throughout your life

How much will you get the double reward from God? This is a gift from God (the Father) to Muslims

He Refused To Be Millionaire to Be a Muslim! Ex-Atheist’s Unbelievable Conversion! @HamzasDen

I think when you're talking incest it'd be wise to keep in mind that Mohammad married a 6-7 yr old girl and first had sex with her at 9 years of age.  Now I'm sure you'll justify it in your own mind, that is what close-minded fundamentalists do, with some sort of excuse about it being acceptable back then.  I'm sure it was - but we know much better today and nobody in their right mind would think that sex with a 9 year old girl is fulfilling for that 9 yr old girl.  In fact, we recognize that today as child sex abuse.

As for pigs, again, your close-mindedness refuses to identify that what was good 'then', does not necessarily apply 'now'.  Your science is totally incorrect that properly bred, prepared, and cooked pork contains parasites.  It's a falsity used by Islam to support archaic thought.

58 minutes ago, PaulS said:

close-mindedness

I don't see it as closed-mindedness as such. Memes infect us all. I have mine. It is that some memes are a more accurate reflection of reality. toty's/akay's are what they are.

4 minutes ago, romansh said:

I don't see it as closed-mindedness as such. Memes infect us all. I have mine. It is that some memes are a more accurate reflection of reality. toty's/akay's are what they are.

But is it not the meme being represented by the close-mindedness observed?

Closed-mindedness is internal ... an infection is more a product of an unfolding universe. (An unfolding universe being my infection).

2 hours ago, romansh said:

Closed-mindedness is internal ... an infection is more a product of an unfolding universe. (An unfolding universe being my infection).

Let me put it another way - can the closed-mindedness be caused by the infection?

12 hours ago, PaulS said:

Let me put it another way - can the closed-mindedness be caused by the infection?

If you mean we are resistant to change at least sometimes. Definitely.

6 hours ago, romansh said:

If you mean we are resistant to change at least sometimes. Definitely.

Well, let's take it to a higher-degree of infection then.  If a person was heavily infected by a meme, could this make them more than just resistant to change at least sometimes.  Could a higher-degree of infection not make them make them very, very, strongly closed-minded?  It seems to me, you are talking degrees of closed-mindedness, so perhaps severity of meme infection could impact on the degree of closed-mindedness?

Posted (edited)

@PaulSI'm trying to take a partial step away from "mind". We would be complaining about a person, who was so open-minded that they were flitting from one belief to another, would we not? Having said that, our minds are the only (easy) access we have to the underlying substrate to what we call 'our mind", aka brain

Closer to the subject at hand, I don't have the skill to take seriously the belief that an angel (possibly called Gabriel) came to a woman called Mary (Maryam) and foretold of some divine/parthenogenetic birth. I was not brought up in an environment where I had to take this belief seriously. Just think back to your youth and how easy/hard it was for you to rearrange your neural pathways. ;) 

Poor old @akay, sorry @toty has had it in spades. Being open-minded, closed-minded, or intelligent and good-looking like us Paul is not a choice as such

Edited by romansh

@romansh I hear you regarding rearranging neural pathways.  I question whether 'we' can do that ourselves or if it happens beyond our control.  I think back to my childhood belief in Santa Clause (Father Christmas usually here in Australia) and how thoroughly convinced I was that he existed.  There was no doubt in my mind.  I was a true & faithful believer. 

But then over time, new evidence produced itself that made me doubt the validity of my previous beliefs.  Eventually, through no real effort on my part, I came to believe that Father Christmas was in fact fictional (in that they were a version of previous myths/legends). So that is a 180 degree change to belief on my part, that I'm not sure I can actually take any credit for.  

So that take on it makes me wonder if I can't change any closed-mindedness, just as I can't change any open-mindedness.  I suppose I can be prepared to read and better understand things that may counter my beliefs, but I don't think 'I' can change my beliefs - they just change themselves according to the data 'I' receive.

When you lost/questioned your belief in Santa you were not at risk of losing community or family. You started to realize nobody around you believed in Santa anyway. That was an easy belief to lose.

I'm trying to walk away from closed-mindedness thinking. It is luck that I am the way I am. No doubt I might be considered closed-minded on certain subjects. 

Currently, reading Malcolm Gladwell's Talking to Strangers. While he is talking about people, he describes belief as the lack of (enough) doubt. I thought this was interesting to ponder. And it does warm the cockles of my agnostic heart,