My Religion - My Philosophy

PaulS

On 2/2/2024 at 6:33 AM, romansh said:

From my perspective, separating "I" from the environment (and ultimately everything) is at best an illusion brought on by a lack of understanding and observation. This 'connectedness' is my religion in a semantic-literal way or perhaps my philosophy.

I'm with you on the 'big picture' about everything being connected and 'as one'.  But I don't think the logical conclusion then is that things such as 'wants' can't be different to other parts of the environment contained within the one. It's like there are a number of moving parts all within that one, and wants are just one of those moving parts.

My brain experiences conflicting wants and those wants come from the greater environment. So I don't see different parts of the environment having different wants as a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2024 at 7:00 AM, romansh said:

My brain experiences conflicting wants and those wants come from the greater environment. So I don't see different parts of the environment having different wants as a problem.

I see different people as different parts of the one environment which can create different wants across the whole.