Sign in to follow this  
Burl

Revised 8 points

15 hours ago, Burl said:

Just noticed the 8 points were revised in January.  Much cleaner and more direct.

https://progressivechristianity.org/resources/updated-8-points-of-progressive-christianity/

Thanks Burl,

In a different section of the main organization they include this note which is important  but was left off the original page you referenced. Paul found it and copied in another related thread in another forum here. It reads....

"Notes: We’ve heard you and in our many conversations with our readership, Progressive Christian pastors, theologians, scholars, visionaries, and in our observations and studies, we have co-created this updated version of our 8 Points of Progressive Christianity. Progressive Christianity is inherently always evolving and progressing. Please take these lightly but seriously. They are not dogma, they are simply a starting point to establish conversations and a foundation of values and beliefs that we have observed Progressive Christians generally share. It’s ok if you don’t agree with all the words or all the parts. We support your authentic path. You can use these in your faith communities and with family and friends to talk about what it means to you to be a Progressive Christian in today’s world. Here is to always progressing!"

... and can be found here ---> https://progressivechristianity.org/the-8-points/

On 2/10/2020 at 8:34 AM, Burl said:

Just noticed the 8 points were revised in January.  Much cleaner and more direct.

https://progressivechristianity.org/resources/updated-8-points-of-progressive-christianity/

Burl,

I don't think I have ever specifically asked you this, and am just wondering - do you consider yourself in general agreement with the 8 points?  I presume you must, but had never thought to actually ask you before.

Paul

48 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Burl,

I don't think I have ever specifically asked you this, and am just wondering - do you consider yourself in general agreement with the 8 points?  I presume you must, but had never thought to actually ask you before.

Paul

I am.  I could nitpick but I am in general agreement.

1 hour ago, Burl said:

I am.  I could nitpick but I am in general agreement.

Thanks.