Disharmonic Convergence ?

flowperson

January 6th 2006 may go down in Chicago history. This was a day when an odd cluster of events significant to the African American population of that great city seemed to bunch together in a way that said something to those who pay attention to such things.

1. Vocalist Lou Rawls died of cancer in Los Angeles. Mr. Rawls was a premminent interpreter of the jazz and blues musical idioms. He grew up on the near south side of Chicago and began performing publicly as an adolescent in a group that included the late Sam Cooke. He called Chicago home for most of his life. A theater and musical performance venue named after him is located in the bronzeville neighborhood on the near south side of the city.

2. The Pilgrim Baptist church, which was a synagogue before becoming a Baptist church in 1922, located in the bronzeville neighborhood on the near south side of the city, burned to the ground following an apparent construction mishap while sections of its roof were being repaired. The church is recognized nationally as the birthplace of the gospel music idiom under the directorship of Dr. Theodore Dorsey. It included performers such as Mahalia Jackson among its musical members and affiliates. A truly inspiring and sacred place.

3. President Bush gave an address before the Economic Council of Chicago regarding how well the economy is doing under the current administration's program of tax cuts for wealthier citizens, open-ended warfare, massive deficit spending, and significant budget reductions in services to the elderly, children, families, and reductions in medical benefits for those who cannot afford to pay for their own care.

Anyone wish to comment ?

flow.... :o

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/07/national...?pagewanted=all

1. Vocalist Lou Rawls died of cancer in Los Angeles. Mr. Rawls was a premminent interpreter of the jazz and blues musical idioms. He grew up on the near south side of Chicago and began performing publicly as an adolescent in a group that included the late Sam Cooke. He called Chicago home for most of his life. A theater and musical performance venue named after him is located in the bronzeville neighborhood on the near south side of the city.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I made this one up.

In the study of complex systems (ie. chaos theory) some have chosen to name the coming together of two or more entities to form a new and viable entity an harmonic convergence. Think corporate mergers, the merging of male and female chromosomes to generate a new human being, the meeting of warm and cold air masses to generate rain clouds, etc. In general the outcomes of these happenings produce positive outcomes over the long term ( except maybe for Enron scandals, serial murderers, and tornadoes) and start new timelines for the harmonized entitiies, some long, some short.

Maybe we haven't given the situation enough time to show any positive outcomes, but in this case it seems that an event cluster occurred that produced only negative outcomes, an ending of viaible entities and apparently nothing of value to follow the originals other than historic recordings, writings, etc. Since nothing seems to have been harmonized, or brought together to fashion a new beginning for anything other than sadness and separation, I took it upon myself to designate this particular event cluster as a disharmonic convergence.

Any better suggestions ?

Oh, I forgot to note that this happened on 01,06,06. Maybe we should be a little apprehensive about June 6th this year ?

I believe that I'm going to stock up on canned tuna, crackers, and bottled water right away.

flow.... <_<

Edited by flowperson

I was stuck on Lake Shore Drive for a half an hour as President Bush landed in Grant Park .

The loss of Pilgrim and Lou Rawls is devastating to The Black Community here in Chicago. I'm going to try a go by the remains of the church sometime this week.

MOW

Edited by MOW

• 4 weeks later...

It was a lousy day for Chicago, no doubt, but not nearly enough to pass statistical muster. Now if Chicago was nuked on the same day a tsunami hit New York and a UFO crashed into the White House..... In a world of 6 billion people has at least 5000 major cities, in a Century with 100 *365 days , you'd have 5000 * 100 * 365 or roughly 180 million city-days, enough for some really weird coincidences. If any of the above happened, and anything else well out of the ordinary happened, maybe a space shuttle being destroyed, or Chechnia declaring was on America, that would be enough for one to state things had gone beyond the laws of probablity. The 26 storms, including Katrina, that hit America in 2005 certainly indicate something has changed, and probably some other things [i do believe these are the endtimes].