Giving this a try

Ashpenaz

I've been struggling to find my place within Christianity. I'm in my 60s, and you'd think I'd have it figured out by now! At the moment, I go to both a Unitarian and Episcopal church. I'm somewhere in between, but I'm not sure where. I know I don't believe in hell. During the pandemic, I studied the 19th century Universalists like Hosea Ballou, and I wish there were still an active Universalist Christian Church. My problem with the UUA is that I'm not a humanist (not that there's anything wrong with that. . .).  My problem with the Episcopal church is that it still uses language about hell and sacrifice which no longer make sense to me. I just want to be a follower of Jesus! :)  Anyway, I thought I'd see if this site might offer some community and support. Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

On 2/10/2022 at 10:57 AM, Ashpenaz said:

I just want to be a follower of Jesus! :)  Anyway, I thought I'd see if this site might offer some community and support. Thanks! 

Hi Ashpenaz,

Your are most welcome here.  Whilst views here may vary widely (and there may be more questions than answers :)) it is a great place for discussing thoughts and opinions.  There might be different takes on what following Jesus may mean (and indeed who or what Jesus may have been), but I expect any of those discussion will be had with respect.

Cheers

Paul