Just Browsing

GreenMachine

Hi there. Don't mind me, I'm just looking around. It's nice to get out my own head for a little while and see what other people are thinking. I don't have a dedicated internet connection so you can expect very inconsistent activity from me. But I'll pop in from time to time to see what's up. till then - later dudes! 

Welcome GreenMachine

Like you I don't identify as Christian, but I have to say I don't believe in Christ. I think, Christianity ... especially some of the more evangelical flavours don't have a very accurate picture of reality. In my nomenclature, Christ is the myth, and Jesus the possible historical person that some aspects of the myth is based on. 

I am willing to entertain some Campbellian some interpretations of the myth regarding Christianity (and the like). Progressive Christianity I see as a Sophisticated Theology© and some see this as enabling theological belief. I see Sophisticated Theology as a stepping stone for people to go out into the world and be fully immersed in it, to use a Christian visual metaphor.

Welcome again.

rom

On 2/8/2022 at 4:04 AM, GreenMachine said:

Hi there. Don't mind me, I'm just looking around. It's nice to get out my own head for a little while and see what other people are thinking. I don't have a dedicated internet connection so you can expect very inconsistent activity from me. But I'll pop in from time to time to see what's up. till then - later dudes! 

Welcome GM,

I hope you enjoy looking around here.

Cheers

Paul

On 2/8/2022 at 4:30 AM, romansh said:

I see Sophisticated Theology as a stepping stone for people to go out into the world and be fully immersed in it, to use a Christian visual metaphor.

I like that metaphor.