Editing Posts?

• 9 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've looked and looked and can't work out how.  I vaguely remember it being a membership thing - the more posts you make and duration of membership increased one's 'allowances' for posting and editing.  I seem to be able to edit from a decade ago almost - but maybe that's an Administrator thing.  How old is the particular post that you are trying to edit?  I could possibly edit it for you?

I think another part of it may be that you shouldn't edit something that a lot of people may have since commented on as that would disturb the continuity of the thread.  Depends on what the edit is I guess.

On 8/12/2022 at 12:07 AM, PaulS said:

I think another part of it may be that you shouldn't edit something that a lot of people may have since commented on as that would disturb the continuity of the thread.  Depends on what the edit is I guess.

In my experience ... as a mod/admin, this is not really an issue ... unless we are hosting a lot of trolls (we're not). And most people are good about it. 

I would guess there are some global settings somewhere?

Thanks anyway.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, romansh said:

I just tried writing the word ^^^^^ cat (puzzy cat) and your prudish political correctness word filter won't let me. 

:lol:  

Rectified.  I see I hold the power to pick and choose what words might be construed as offensive! :)  I have trimmed the list down to just a few that would generally only be used to cause offence.  You can now use pussy cat to your hearts content, Rom :)