Abortion And The Bible

Neon Genesis

True George, moral clarity (and all the murkiness that goes with it) has been a much more popular security blanket for many over mystery, doubt, ambiguity and instability.

I don't see it as being ONLY a values issue though. It is a values issue to many, but for some it's just science - a fetus has no consciousness (prior to the brain forming and functioning), cannot feel pain, cannot even function without its host, and subsequently is not a human unless one chooses to think that it is. But I acknowledge that is not how most opponents to abortion view it.

I have no idea how pro-abortionists can win over those who take a view that life begins at conception and that's final.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can win by placing stronger emphasis on issues we can be certain about. Like whether or not we support abortion, we can be reasonably certain that transvaginal ultrasound laws are an intrusive and abusive expansion of government oversight and we can emphasize that claiming women have a natural ability to abort a fetus that is the product of rape without medical intervention is pseudoscience nonsense. And we saw these small victories in the last election where we saw several of the most extremist anti-abortion politicians lost to progressive candidates because their views were too extreme even for most Americans.