Jillian

Hello everyone!

I was first introduced to Bishop Spong's writing/ideas a few weeks ago when a friend of mine recommended Spong's autobiography. I found myself whipping through it, wanting to know more about his tenets and conclusions, so I'm currently reading "Christianity must Change or Die" and I'm loving every minute of it. It is a revelation of all the doubts and concerns that I have within my denomination and a new way to look at the Bible that addresses those concerns. I'm really excited to learn more and to allow God to truly help me to love wastefully and live life as it was meant to be. I can't wait to get to know all of you more as well!

Hi Jillian and welcome! Im not on the board a whole lot, but would like to be more often....I dont know enough progressive christians - everyone I know here is either hard core fundamentalist christian, or hard core athiest, it seems! Its great to connect with folks who are both christian and progrssive!

Hello everyone!

I was first introduced to Bishop Spong's writing/ideas a few weeks ago when a friend of mine recommended Spong's autobiography. I found myself whipping through it, wanting to know more about his tenets and conclusions, so I'm currently reading "Christianity must Change or Die" and I'm loving every minute of it. It is a revelation of all the doubts and concerns that I have within my denomination and a new way to look at the Bible that addresses those concerns. I'm really excited to learn more and to allow God to truly help me to love wastefully and live life as it was meant to be. I can't wait to get to know all of you more as well!

Hello everyone!

Archived