The Great Paradox And The Great Secret

Realspiritik

I’m smiling a little from the Other Side as I write this, because we, the angels, are starting to note tides of exasperation rippling from this site every time I talk about the brain. Just think how lucky you are, though. You can turn off your computer. Two thousands years ago, my friends not only had to listen to me, but they had to deal with my expression, which they couldn’t turn off so easily.

Today I’d like to talk about why so many people on a spiritual path seek the serenity that comes from living a simple life, and why so few actually find either the serenity or the life of living simply. Hopefully, you won’t be surprised to learn I was a master of both. You may be surprised, however, to learn that I wasn’t born into modest circumstances. I was born into a life of privilege and status in the Decapolis city of Philadelphia. (The connection to Nazareth didn’t come till I was in my 20's.) Somehow I managed in my adult years to become a man known for my humbleness, despite the fact that I grew up in a house with marble columns and a lemon tree in the courtyard.

This is the great paradox of the human mind, and the great secret that has been shielded from most human beings over the last few millennia. If you want to know true peace and serenity, if you want to be able to live in an ongoing state of happy gratitude for what you have (instead of what you think you want), you first have to pack your brain solid with complexities. And absurdities. And puzzles. And unending stories. You must stretch your human brain to its biological limits of learning, experience, and overall health. When you do, your brain becomes a perfect receptor. Not a receptacle, an unthinking vessel of God’s will, but a highly evolved biological receptor. Or, if you prefer, a receiver. Your brain becomes capable of picking up divine impulses, including the impulses of your own soul. When you make your brain work, you create the biological pathways that allow you to be completely in synch with your own soul. It’s your soul that knows how to be humble and serene, not your brain. To find serenity, you must first know your own soul. And you ain’t gonna be able to do that if you pretend your brain is the least spiritual part of you.

If you try to learn how to live simply by getting rid of stuff, you won’t succeed. You’ll have less stuff, but you’ll still feel restless and incomplete. The answer is to ignore the stuff. Let it wait. Let it tell you what it needs to tell you when the time is right. The time is right when you can hear your own answers, the answers of your own soul. One day, you’ll look at the green sweater hanging in your closet and say, “Good grief, I just realized I don’t like this sweater at all. I don’t feel good when I wear it. This sweater and I are not simpatico. Sweater, you’re going to the charity shop.”

Many people today believe human beings are on the verge of a new evolutionary stage. I would agree to a point. It’s not that your genetic structure is changing. It’s that your conscious understanding of your existing potential is rapidly transforming.

Of course, nobody said genes aren’t affected when thinking changes . . .

Much love,

Jesus

October 18, 2006

Of course, nobody said genes aren’t affected when thinking changes . . .

Then I can be the first! Genes aren't affected when thinking changes.

Still I am curious about how anyone can improve his or her communication with God or even with one's own soul, whatever that is. I ask God myself about that. He doesn't give the same prescription you do. He says people mostly need to let go, not pack their brains with more stuff. Every life is full of things that come from God, full of emotions that challenge us to move toward God. Yet people brace themselves so they can try to stay in the same place for the rest of their lives. Of course, people do what they need to do. People also do what they know to do, and knowledge is a difficult thing to obtain without someone to just give it to you.

Maybe spiritual evolution is not such an individual task the way many people see it. How much of a cooperative effort is it? Who exactly needs to cooperate? I understand it's being taken care of, whether there are any angels or not, and if not that many humans cooperate, it will proceed just fine. So we can relax if we're willing to believe that.

Still I am curious about how anyone can improve his or her communication with God or even with one's own soul, whatever that is. I ask God myself about that.

Jesus here, David. Your opening makes clear that you don't agree with my teaching. You strongly imply you don't think anyone can improve his or her communication with God. You seem to cast doubt on the existence of the soul. And in the next breath, you tell us "I ask God myself about that." Which is it David? Do you believe in communication with God or not? If so, is it your contention that your own communication skills are "set in stone," impervious to the benefits of continued practice and improvement? Do you believe you have a special gift?

You say: "I understand it's being taken care of, whether there are any angels or not, and if not that many humans cooperate, it will proceed just fine. So we can relax if we're willing to believe that." I wonder how it will be taken care of if human beings don't exert themselves to the limit of their loving potential. History reveals what happens when individuals shrug their shoulders and choose not to get involved. God has always expected communities and nations to work together to create real solutions to real human problems. This is the point of incarnating -- to push the envelope of your angelic attributes.

I would respectfully suggest that before you say one's thinking has no effect on one's genes, you do some research. My statement is verifiable.

All the best.

Love Jesus

October 20, 2006

(snip)

This is the great paradox of the human mind, and the great secret that has been shielded from most human beings over the last few millennia. If you want to know true peace and serenity, if you want to be able to live in an ongoing state of happy gratitude for what you have (instead of what you think you want), you first have to pack your brain solid with complexities. And absurdities. And puzzles. And unending stories. You must stretch your human brain to its biological limits of learning, experience, and overall health. When you do, your brain becomes a perfect receptor. Not a receptacle, an unthinking vessel of God’s will, but a highly evolved biological receptor. Or, if you prefer, a receiver. Your brain becomes capable of picking up divine impulses, including the impulses of your own soul. When you make your brain work, you create the biological pathways that allow you to be completely in synch with your own soul. It’s your soul that knows how to be humble and serene, not your brain. To find serenity, you must first know your own soul. And you ain’t gonna be able to do that if you pretend your brain is the least spiritual part of you.

(snip)

Hello Jenn,

This is a most interesting statement. It seems to me that packing ones brain full of absurdities and unending stories, bits of music, etc. etc. is what clutters us up from experiencing God's presence and opening up communications. Perhaps you can elaborate on this as it seems my 'hearing' of spiritual things seems to improve as I lose my desire to supply the brain with energy to an endless stream of nonsense that it insists on to occupy itself. Perhaps I have missed some understanding in my reading of your post. Please enlighten me with your reasoning.

Thanks for your anticipated response,

Love in Christ,

JM

Hello Jenn,

This is a most interesting statement. It seems to me that packing ones brain full of absurdities and unending stories, bits of music, etc. etc. is what clutters us up from experiencing God's presence and opening up communications. Perhaps you can elaborate on this as it seems my 'hearing' of spiritual things seems to improve as I lose my desire to supply the brain with energy to an endless stream of nonsense that it insists on to occupy itself. Perhaps I have missed some understanding in my reading of your post. Please enlighten me with your reasoning.

Thanks for your anticipated response,

Love in Christ,

JM

Hi, Joseph. Thanks for asking. Yeah, I understand how confusing this idea is at first. And no, I don't think you missed some understanding in reading my post. I admit up front that it flies in the face of most people's perceptions of how to open up the lines of communication with God.

Here's the thesis, stripped to its core:

1. Every soul is unique, with a unique temperament, set of interests, set of aptitudes, intense emotions, and sense of humour.

2. The unique aspects of your soul are reflected in your biological DNA. (This is a gift from the Mother and Father at the time of your conception.)

3. Some of your DNA is related to strictly biological needs like finding food.

4. The part of your brain that's geared to strictly biological needs can get really overactive. This part of the brain has no sense of humour and no sense of joy. It's very efficient and logical, but it doesn't "do" love. The character of Data on Star Trek: The Next Generation is a good example.

5. Divine love isn't sombre, restrained, efficient, or logical. It's passionate, joyful, intuitive, and slightly chaotic. Think Luke Skywalker in the first Star Wars movie (the 1977 one). He turns off the computer in his fighter so he can use the Force to fly the ship intuitively. But the fighter's course doesn't remain straight and predictable. It goes ever so slightly wonky. This is what saves him.

6. When you sing your absolute favourite songs (the ones you love to sing when you think no one else is around), you're singing from your soul. This makes your soul happy. What makes your soul happy opens up the lines of communication with God.

7. Your soul loves to learn. Loves to ask questions. Loves puzzles, games, and cool stories. So if you spend some time during the week on these kinds of fun activities (as opposed to spending time in serious, sombre silence) you'll make your soul happy.

8. Your soul has a wonderful sense of humour, and so do God the Mother and God the Father. They would love to share a good joke with you if you were to offer this.

9. The trick to this approach is to train yourself to be conscious of what you're thinking, and apply a PG-13 movie rating to it. If it's something you wouldn't want your adolescent son or daughter to "see", then gently remind yourself that the biological part of your brain is acting up a bit, and what you'd really prefer is something from the soul channel inside your head. Bring up a positive memory or a positive thought. Use the power of your soul's optimism to gradually and lovingly build stronger biological networks of divine love inside your brain. The more neurons and glial cells you devote to play, communication, and relationships, the more clearly you'll be able to hear corresponding frequencies of play, communication, and relationship from God. Since God only transmits on those frequencies, those are the only frequencies you can pick up. Your job is to make your brain a receiver of those frequencies.

Naturally, it goes without saying that divine love and trust are wrapped up in play, communication, and relationships.

Hope this helps!

Love Jen

Jesus here.

Some of you may remember that in April 2005 I posted a piece that describes the existence of two different but deeply intertwined neural circuits in your brain. (For those who haven’t read it, I’ve pasted it below.) I also told you in August 2005 that I, Jesus, wrote about half of the Letter of James. The verses I wrote were James 1: 2 - 27; James 2: 1 - 8; and James 3: 1 - 18. (If you’re curious, it was my brother James who wrote the rest.)

James 1: 5 - 8 reads: “If any of you is lacking in wisdom, ask God, who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and it will be given you. But ask in faith, never doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind; for the doubter, being double-minded and unstable in every way, must not expect to receive anything from the Lord.”

The notes in the New Oxford Annotated Bible (NSRV) point out the use of the unusual term “double-minded,” which is used nowhere else in early Christian writings.

Two thousands years ago, I knew about the two different brain circuits. However, in the absence of backup support from researchers and physicians (I’ve been waiting two millennia for the scientific research to catch up with my channelled teachings), I was hard pressed to explain this physiological reality. I did the best I could, and called the condition of excessive reliance on certain parts of the brain being double-minded. The chief hallmark of this condition, then and now, is the ability of an individual to misuse the powerful gift of the Implanted Word, and to speak not with sincerity and compassion, but with calculated deceit. Those who are not using their brain as God intended find it very easy to lie to others, and in particular, to lie to themselves. Their brains are so badly out of balance, they can’t hear the voice of their own souls, nor the voice of God. They literally can’t expect to “receive” anything from God.

Maybe I could have said it better. But cut me some slack. My understanding of probability wave functions (which govern how God’s messages are picked up by the human brain) was . . . well . . . I didn’t have such an understanding. Metaphors from nature were the best I could do.

This model of the brain-soul nexus not only explains evil without having to resort to demons, but it gives you the knowledge and understanding you need to begin to forgive yourselves for the mistakes you’ve made. It’s so hard to forgive yourself if you believe there’s a huge black void of neverending human ego for you to deal with. It’s so much easier if you consciously understand that certain parts of your brain are . . . um . . . not all that wise, and if you consciously understand that God knows that, and if you consciously understand that it’s okay with God if you make mistakes, as long as you learn from them.

It’s also a lot easier to forgive yourself if you know how you got off track. It’s easier to learn from a mistake – to acquire wisdom – if you grasp the way in which your own brain function contributed to the mistake.

All the best, my friends.

Love Jesus

October 21, 2006

Jesus here.

I'm picking up the pace here, and moving on to something fresh and new for those of you who are interested. First, I have to apologize up front, because yesterday I told you I didn't want to give you a long, boring lecture about brain function, and that still holds true -- but there's one piece of information I absolutely must share with you, because it really is "revealed", and I hope you'll find it helpful. In other words, unlike the other topics I mentioned yesterday (like history and quantum physics), which you can look up for yourself, this is one topic you can't look up for yourself because nobody else has written it yet. This is the God Team's freebie to researchers out there. Take this ball and run with it if you see merit in it, as I hope you will. This is the missing puzzle piece, as it were. The caveat is this: the God Team would greatly appreciate it if you would try to remember where this information originally came from -- straight from the God Team.

Okay. For those of you who already have a lot of background in psychology and neurophysiology, please be patient. I'm trying to simplify.

In 1970, the psychologist Abraham Maslow, who has been called the spiritual father of humanistic psychology, proposed two basic pyramids to try to describe basic human needs. The first pyramid has five distinct tiers. At the bottom lies the tier of physiological needs. Next, safety needs. Third, belonging and love needs. Fourth, self-esteem. And last, at the peak, what Maslow called the self-actualized state, which he felt could only be achieved if all the other needs had first been met. Maslow's research showed that few people achieve the self-actualized state.

Maslow also recognized a second but equally important pyramid of human needs that consists of two tiers: first, the need for knowledge. Second, the need for understanding.

Okay. This is pretty pivotal research as far as the God Team is concerned. Although Maslow was an aetheist himself, at least he had a positive, optimistic outlook on human nature, and believed it was possible for a person to find the courage to seek self-actualization. At least he understood that human beings really do need all the things he put in his two pyramids.

Here's what he didn't know. Here's what no scientific researchers have been able to pin down. (Perhaps this will soon change?)

There are two completely different but deeply intertwined neural circuits in your biological brain. One circuit is what I will call the Darwinian circuit. The other circuit is what I will call the soul circuit.

Yup. Two completely different circuits, one relying on 3-D cues (that would be the Darwinian circuit) and the other relying on 4-D cues (that's the soul circuit). These two circuits are meant to complement each other, to mutually benefit each other, so that you might have the chance to find out, in your temporary human existence, what it feels like to combine the best of your 3-D human self with the best of your 4-D angelic self.

The Darwinian circuit is what gives you the power to taste chocolate and enjoy it, since cacao trees don't grow in the 4th dimension (though don't despair if you're a chocaholic -- there are many things even better than chocolate on the Other Side).

The soul circuit, on the other hand, is the place from which you draw the powerful emotion of gratitude, gratitude for the chance to have and enjoy the chocolate as a human.

The Darwinian circuit is God's gift to you as a soul-in-human-form. The Darwinian circuit is the stuff in your DNA that gives your brain and body the tools to physically survive, the tools to meet what Maslow calls your "physiological needs" and your "safety needs". This is all very straightforward and increasingly well researched. The Darwinian circuit is the gift from God that allows your biological brain to remember the fact that if you put your hand in a fire, it will hurt. The Darwinian circuit is the gift from God that gives you physical senses so you can try to understand the environment you live in. The Darwinian circuit can be likened to an extremely sophisticated computer program that learns from its mistakes, and builds a body of logical, intellectual knowledge to help you meet your physiological needs and your safety needs. The Darwinian circuit (if it's operating the way God intends) reminds you to wear a coat when it's really cold, reminds you to eat when your brain and body need an input of protein, fats, and carbs. But that's all it's designed to do. It's not designed to even attempt to meet your other needs -- your need for "belonging and love", and your need for "self-esteem". Those needs are governed by the soul circuit in your biological brain.

The soul circuit is the part of your brain that helps you monitor and improve your relationships, both your relationship with yourself and your relationships with others (including the God Team). The soul circuit helps you get to know other people, helps you care about other people, makes you cry when you see a Hallmark commercial. The soul circuit is a pared down version of your true 4-D self. (If we were talking in terms of electronics, the soul circuit is like a step-down transformer. It takes complex 4-D emotional energy, and translates it into 3-D biochemical energy, such as the neurotransmitter called oxytocin. Also, as a truly big hint to researchers out there, I'd took a much closer look at those glial cells that are holding the brain together. The cerebellum has a lot more in it than you realize, too. Plus the role of dopamine as a mediator between the two circuits needs to be examined. Guess at heart I'm a neurophysiologist.)

Okay. I think you'll like the next part. Take a piece of paper, and draw a Celtic cross. (If you're not sure what this is, a Celtic cross is a cross with a large circle in the middle that cuts through all four arms of the cross.) Take the left-to-right axis of the Celtic cross, and label it the "Darwinian circuit". Now, label the top-to-bottom axis the "soul circuit". So what does that give you? It gives you a circle in the centre that combines the "energy", if you will, of both the Darwinian circuit and the soul circuit. This circle of combined energy is the Christ Zone.

Your task, as a soul-in-human-form is to try to live your life somewhere inside the Christ Zone. You don't have to try to live on the eensie-teensie one-dimensional point that's dead-centre on the cross. Nobody can do that -- it just isn't possible in human form. You merely have to try to be in the Christ Zone, to try as hard as you can every day to understand what that means.

If, however, you choose to live your life on the extremes of either circuit, either totally ignoring your legitimate soul needs for "belonging and love" as well as "self esteem", or totally ignoring the legitimate biological needs of your physical body, you will be both unhealthy and unhappy.

I know. It sounds so simple, somebody must have figured out this precise equation long, long ago. Well, okay. You're not totally wrong there. I figured this out with a lot of angelic help when I lived as Jesus. Other thinkers have found it, too, but they're not as well remembered.

So where does God fit into this picture? What's in this model for you as a spiritual person who longs to feel God's love deep in your heart, so deep that you always feel God's presence? This model is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. This model is the only certain route to a life filled with balanced joys, balanced pleasures, courageous service, beautiful and sustaining friendships with others, and ultimate trust that God the Mother and God the Father bless you every day, now and always.

If you want to learn the basics of how to live in the Christ Zone, I look forward to teaching you with all the love and devotion you deserve.

Thank you.

Love Jesus

April 17, 2005

P.S. I know I didn't get back to Maslow's second pyramid of "knowledge" and "understanding". But you've probably already figured out where I'm going to go with that.

This post has been edited by canajan, eh?: Apr 17 2005, 11:02 AM

Archived