My New Signature Has A Great Kafka Quote

mystictrek

• 4 weeks later...
I tend to follow Scottie Peck's advice concerning sound mental health on this one and try to delay gratification in order to focus on reality and avoid fantasy. How about " ecstasy someday ", Kafka notwithstanding ?

flow.... :P

I think you need some good rock'n'roll right now!

I agree with the bumper sticker that says "Reality is for people who can't face science fiction". Here's to Star Trek (and Kafka), not necessarily in that order. :-)

BTW, they did a study of people who watched fictional stuff on tv vs those watching Oprah and Dr. Phil.

People who watched fictional stuff were mentally healthier. (I think it maybe says more about who watches Oprah and Dr. Phil.) BTW, I wrote a fanfiction story about Dr. Phil meeting Snape in Harry Potter. :-)

I watched Dr. Phil to gain imput into my character, for instance trying to get his accent right.

(I think it is pretty cute, a bit dated by the most current Harry Potter book though.)

But maybe the study also implies that perhaps indulgence into fantasy and dreams is a good thing. I think you just need to know which is which, and not, say, base foriegn policy on fantasy. :-)

--des

beam me up Scottie

I agree with the bumper sticker that says "Reality is for people who can't face science fiction". Here's to Star Trek (and Kafka), not necessarily in that order. :-)

BTW, they did a study of people who watched fictional stuff on tv vs those watching Oprah and Dr. Phil.

People who watched fictional stuff were mentally healthier. (I think it maybe says more about who watches Oprah and Dr. Phil.) BTW, I wrote a fanfiction story about Dr. Phil meeting Snape in Harry Potter. :-)

I watched Dr. Phil to gain imput into my character, for instance trying to get his accent right.

(I think it is pretty cute, a bit dated by the most current Harry Potter book though.)

But maybe the study also implies that perhaps indulgence into fantasy and dreams is a good thing. I think you just need to know which is which, and not, say, base foriegn policy on fantasy. :-)

--des

beam me up Scottie

Breathe deeply.

Breathe fully.

Be centered.

Be grounded.

Be still.

Be silent.

Lighten up.

Loosen up.

Let go.

Let God.