The Ten Commandments Of Evangelism...

I am not sure if anyone has seen this but I found it somewhere (I don't recall at this time where exactly) and I liked it ALOT:

1. The Golden Rule - Thou shalt know it, love it and live it.

2. The people struggling to keep or rediscover their faith are more important than the buildings where they might gather to worship.

3. No sane God commands followers to randomly kill and terrorize civilians or nonbelievers. And there's no point in worshiping an insane deity.

4. A diploma on the wall or the title "reverend" or "rabbi" or "imam" alone maketh thou not a minister of God.

5. Members of the priestcraft shalt not abuse the trust of their parishioners - financially, sexually or emotionally.

6. Everyone shall respect your right to carry the message of your faith to nonbelievers. However - Thou shalt respect the right of nonbelievers to not listen, even in public spaces.

7. To be moral, humans must be free to choose. Forcing thine religion on other people makes them less than human. Don't do it.

8. Many people consider worship to be the most serious commitment of their lives. But there's nothing wrong with people who worship because they think it's fun.

9. Firstly - Piety is no substitute for good works. Secondly - Piety is no substitute for good works.

10. Love and unity wins over far more converts than hate and discord.

1. The Golden Rule - Thou shalt know it, love it and live it.

2. The people struggling to keep or rediscover their faith are more important than the buildings where they might gather to worship.

3. No sane God commands followers to randomly kill and terrorize civilians or nonbelievers. And there's no point in worshiping an insane deity.

4. A diploma on the wall or the title "reverend" or "rabbi" or "imam" alone maketh thou not a minister of God.

5. Members of the priestcraft shalt not abuse the trust of their parishioners - financially, sexually or emotionally.

6. To be moral, humans must be free to choose. Forcing thine religion on other people makes them less than human. Don't do it.

7. Firstly - Piety is no substitute for good works. Secondly - Piety is no substitute for good works.

8. Thou shalt respect other right to practice their own religion or no religion. Converts will come to thee, thou does not need to "win" them.

I made it 8 commandments with several deletions and an addition. ;)

Archived