Children's Curriculum

• 1 month later...

Thanks! I have a lot of experience in developing curriculum and am considering building a web site that would deal specifically with children's education in progressive churches. I could have some resources for sale (that I and others have written), but other things that are mostly sharing ideas with those who choose to participate.

• 1 month later...

Seasons of the Spirit is the one we chose for our church. It follows the revised common lectionary, incorporates art and music. You can do it with a small or large group. They have curricula for each age group. I am so pleased with the results! I began teaching the 9-11 age group. These kids were taught a conservative curriculum last year. Within a few Sundays, these kids (some with a few behavior problems and thought about little more than themselves) are now wanting to become activists and do work to raise money for UNICEF!

Seasons of the Spirit is sold by LOGOS productions, United Church Press (which is the publishing house for the United Church of Christ), and The United Methodist Publishing House.

Archived