Wizard Of Oz/prodigal Son

MOW

Let's hope together that The DaVinci Code motion picture does more for the sacred feminine than the all time worst bomb in history did about 15 years ago. Remember Ishtar ( the name of the prototypical near eastern female chief Goddess} with Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty?

I think Hanks will adapt to the role and become Langdon. That's what the best actors do. That's why they have success after success. There was once a time when Hoffman and Beatty fit that mold. I predict that Hanks will be remembered a long time for this portrayal.

flow....

Tom Hanks is my all time favorite actor and Forrest Gump is my all time favorite movie, so I imagine I'll like him just fine in DaVinci Code. I do agree, however, that when I read the book I had Langdon pictured as a "reluctant geek" as well (cute, but somewhat geeky). Ben Afleck's face comes to mind. ;) Maybe Jude Law or James Spader? Kiefer Sutherland?

Heck, I'm just happy they DIDN'T cast Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson or Harrison Ford or Pierce Brosnan (although he was incredibly yummy in The Thomas Crown affair). :wub:

Maybe he could say, "Life is like a box of chocolates" a lot.

right]

LOL, Fred!

Okay. Here's a descriptive passage from the beginning of the book. I can now see why I thought of Harrison Ford!

Brown is attempting to combine the scholarly geek with the mutedly-handsome:

"His usually sharp blue eyes looked hazy and drawn tonight. A dark stubble was shrouding his strong jaw and dimpled chin. Around his temples, the gray highlights were advancing, making their way deeper into his thicket of coarse black hair. . .

The hostess began reading choice excerpts from [an] inane article . . .

'Although Professor Langdon might not be considered hunk-handsome like some of our younger awardees, this forty-something academic has more than his share of scholarly allure. His captivating presence is punctuated by an unusally low, baritone speaking voice, which his female students describe as "chocolate for the ears." . . .

Langdon forced an awkward smile. He knew what came next -- some ridiculous line about 'Harrison Ford in Harris tweed. ' "

:lol:

Edited by curlytop

Aw, I really like Tom Hanks. I just don't think he should be in everything. But then I have heard he is nice to work with. Maybe he gets roles as he is not a prima donna.

I think my favorite castings of his were in Big and Apollo 13.

--des

If you're a fan of originals, try to find an original copy of "The Thomas Crown Affair" with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway in their prime. Awesome!!!

flow....

The Original I would like to see is "The Maltese Falcon" (1931) with Ricardo Cortez as Sam Spade. I am sure that the 1941 remake that we all know is better, but still, I would like to see the original.