Tcpc Discussion Board Updated

JosephM

The Discussion board has been updated with the latest features Invision Power Services has to offer. It looks a bit different and will take some getting used to but if you poke around a bit you will find all the features.

If you have any questions or problems, please post them here..

Joseph (Moderator/Admin2)

The Discussion board has been updated with the latest features Invision Power Services has to offer. It looks a bit different and will take some getting used to but if you poke around a bit you will find all the features.

If you have any questions or problems, please post them here..

I noticed that the edit feature for posts appears to be missing. Is this intentional? Or perhaps there's something I'm not seeing.

Thanks,

Mike

edit: :rolleyes: I see that it is enabled for this post. Thought this might happen. :)

I noticed that the edit feature for posts appears to be missing. Is this intentional? Or perhaps there's something I'm not seeing.

Thanks,

Mike

edit: rolleyes.gif I see that it is enabled for this post. Thought this might happen. smile.gif

Hi Mike,

It is on a timer which is pretty well a standard. After 30 minutes or so the edit feature disappears on your post. If there is anything serious that you want changed after that you can always PM me as my edit feature is exempt. This version looks quite different from the last but it has some enhanced functions and an improved PM that is more like instant messenger and can include a number of participants. I'm still learning to navigate it myself. smile.gif

Joseph

Hi Mike,

It is on a timer which is pretty well a standard. After 30 minutes or so the edit feature disappears on your post. If there is anything serious that you want changed after that you can always PM me as my edit feature is exempt. This version looks quite different from the last but it has some enhanced functions and an improved PM that is more like instant messenger and can include a number of participants. I'm still learning to navigate it myself. smile.gif

Joseph

I see, that's fine. I was just curious.

Thanks,

Mike

I noticed the format for quotes has been changed and therefor old posts with quotes will not be displayed properly. Replying to new ones works fine. I changed a few old just to understand the format

Joseph

I seem to be figuring out how to use it, but I don't like change. My experience with the internet is that someone is always "improving" things. I don't recall a single improvement anywhere that was actually helpful. And how come I can't get my picture to show up when I post?

I seem to be figuring out how to use it, but I don't like change. My experience with the internet is that someone is always "improving" things. I don't recall a single improvement anywhere that was actually helpful. And how come I can't get my picture to show up when I post?

Hi Oldtimer,

You have a point, unfortunately we must continue updating to keep up with the security features of the product and protect ourselves against those who who like to incapacitate our site. I was also more comfortable with the older version but you know how progress is sometimes. You fix a couple things and create a new problem for a later revision.smile.gif

I noticed your picture is in your profile but you need to upload it as your Avatar to show up on your posts. If I can do that for you I will. To change it you click on your display name in the top right corner and then settings in the drop down menu, then profile, then change Avatar. You select a standard one or upload one from your computer. Good Luck.

PS I cannot change itr for you as it requires login with your password which is invisible even to me.

edited... added PS

To All,

Please be patient with the board appearance as I have not completed rebuilding some of our old Content Posts, Calendar Entries, Private Messages, Announcements, Signatures, etc. since the update . I'm working through a couple technical problems and should have it complete in a day or so. The board remains operational in the meantime.

JosephM (Moderator/Administrator)

To all members,

The complete update of the site to revision 3.0.0 is now complete with all rebuilds completed as of this date and time.

The quote problem on older quotes was repaired during the rebuild of posts I ran.

If you are having any difficulty with the site operation or spot any suspected problems, please contact me by PM or you can use this thread to report them.

Thanks for your cooperation.

JosephM (Admin)

Honestly, I like it much better. There are always going to be things that change in this world; and I relish in that. Life would be uber boring to me without change. However, I also relish in the only constant in like as well - God through Christ.

Thanks for your input Marni.

To All,

The calendar function is now working and a few other bugs including the way new content is displayed is being addressed by an update to 3.0.1 which is in process. Thanks for your patience and input.

Regards,

JosephM (Moderator/Admin)

Update 3.0.1 is now complete and calendar has been updated with TCPC event to October 18 2009.

Birthdays will show up on the Community calendar if you have inserted your birth date in your profile.

The board should now be fully functional. I removed interests data from below Avatars on posts as some were so long they took up the whole page even for a one line post.

The new content function has been returned to work as it did in the old version whereby new posts remain as new content until you mark them as read.

Any additional comments or problems can be reported in this update thread. Guests can view the calendar function now but are restricted from viewing your profile.

Thanks for your patience,

JosephM (Moderator/Admin)

• 1 month later...

Archived