Unique Books

One of the best Christian Books that I have ever read is actually a book on the Tarot.

The Tarot has encoded alot of Esoteric Christian symbols that would have gotten you burned in another time period if stated literally. "Meditations on the Tarot" is written anonymously and the book cover has an endorsement by Merton....Cardinal von Balthasar also endorses it.

I also recommend Richard Smoley's "Inner Christianity"

"Renaissance of the Spirit" by Mary Scott,

Anything at all by Elaine Pagels,

Aion by Carl Jung,

The Jesus Mysteries by Timothy Freke, this one is good for building bridges between Pagans/Wiccans and Christians........

Love,

Evangeline

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've been reading Science of Mind and Creative Thought magazines. Both have daily readings and inspirational/educational articles.

Both follow New Thought philosophy as taught by Ernest Holmes.

These magazines have been a constant source of hope, peace and direction for me for the last two years. They have been my progressive resources, along with books such as Tom Harpur's The Pagan Christ and Dan Brown's The DaVinci Code.

I also find the ideas in Deepak Chopra's books enlightening.

I find that I connect with certain books and materials in a way that is hard to put into words (as with the above books/magazines.) It's as much a physical and spiritual connection as it is intellectual.

I love what Tom Harpur says in The Pagan Christ:

"If something is true or portrays a deep reality, it remains true forever. Things are not simply true because someone somewhere first said them, or because they are collected in books such as the Bible. They are true because they ring with full authenticity on the anvil of our souls."

• 4 weeks later...

If I've said it once, I'll say it a million times, Paramhansa Yogananda, and Swami Kriyananda (J Donald Walters) in my opinion, have not written a single thing between them that isn't worth reading. I would recommend their autobiographies (Autobiography of a Yogi, and the Path: Autobiography of a Western Yogi) be the first thing that you read, as they'll give you some really useful insight into the pairs thought processes. Kriyananda is a disciple of Yogananda, who was a Kriya Yoga Guru that came to America back during the second quarter of the 1900's. Yogananda died back in the 40's if I remember correctly, but Kriyananda is still around, producing books like a pair of rabbits makes babies. Heh