Hans Kung

McKenna

Anyone ever read anything by Hans Kung?

I own Does God Exist but it seems On Being a Christian is his more well-known book (I think that's the title).

One person over on the UCC forums said they read the latter, and found his theology compelling. I was just wondering if anyone here had read anything by him, and what they thought :)

• 2 months later...
Anyone ever read anything by Hans Kung?

I own Does God Exist but it seems On Being a Christian is his more well-known book (I think that's the title).

One person over on the UCC forums said they read the latter, and found his theology compelling. I was just wondering if anyone here had read anything by him, and what they thought :)

I have read On Being a Christian. I read the book over 30 years ago. In Oregon during the mid-seventies, I even recall a young priest who used it in his catechism classes for adults. I think that Pope John Paul I admired the book. It is still in print. Kung’s books are lucid, witty, and wise. I don't consider them profoundly progressive. In some ways, he sounds old-fashioned.

I have read On Being a Christian. I read the book over 30 years ago. In Oregon during the mid-seventies, I even recall a young priest who used it in his catechism classes for adults. I think that Pope John Paul I admired the book. It is still in print. Kung’s books are lucid, witty, and wise. I don't consider them profoundly progressive. In some ways, he sounds old-fashioned.

Thanks for the thoughts :)

Archived