What Did You Do For Thanksgiving?

AletheiaRivers

Shrooms ! Sam Adams ! Turkey Loaf ! Tea, NOT !

Of such basic ingredients a Revolutionary war was once begun, waged, and won by the good guys, who were ably assisted by their French comrades!

Liberty! Fraternity! Equality! Pomme Frites Forever! ( as long as there is also Heinz ketchup )

This is all making me hungry, thirsty, and exceedingly rebellious. I think I'll go to bed now.

( On second thought bangers, mash, and a pint of bitters isn't too bad either.)

flow.... :lol:

Edited by flowperson

Pepsi vs Coke. Well I was quite a Coke fan and had to have" (as in headache) my coke a day. But now that I am sort of doing South Beach I am drinking cafe au lait with Splenda, and really enjoying it. I don't like diet colas.

As for any food with cans of soup (except broth or stock), I don't do any of that any more. I'll make my own "skinny" white sauce which would be olive oil and skim millk and a TBS of flour. But I do really like to cook. One thing I haven't figured out is baking here. The elevation is 1 mile. They give you directions but I wasn't ever that good at it anyway. I will not even attempt brown rice. I was burnign it before I moved here. You have to keep adding and adding water to regular rice. Just the wierdest thing. My best friend never has figured out about baking but took some seminars in gardening here and has made the desert bloom.

--des

I'm sort of used to not being 'home' - basically a child of nomads so, although I miss some people and some things, homesickness isn't much of a problem.

I am however a big (industrial size) fan of good food and heartily miss that; if I admit to being a Pepsian rather than a Cokist will I be burned at the stake?