Heaven

soma

I like that sermon about heaven, being Christ like and service. I read it twice. I was thinking more of the lighter side of heaven similar to Angel Island in San Francisco. When we arrive we are in heaven and are sent to different rooms to be processed. There is a room for every religion and every religion is well represented, but out of respect for our fellow Christians when we walk past the Christian room we should be silent because Christians think they are the only ones there. I am proud to be a Christian, but I must remember that one of our great leaders Mosses started out as a basket case.

I was thinking more of the lighter side of heaven similar to Angel Island in San Francisco. When we arrive we are in heaven and are sent to different rooms to be processed. There is a room for every religion and every religion is well represented, but out of respect for our fellow Christians when we walk past the Christian room we should be silent because Christians think they are the only ones there.

:lol:

Yeah, that's good, Soma. If the Christians in the room saw me walking by outside, they would be convinced that they are in the wrong room! :)

It's amazing how limited we humans think the experience of God's love can be, isn't it?

Great thoughts!!! As a priest I have often tried to speak honestly at funerals--usually by avoiding the topic of life after death. And then there is that gospel lesson that I leave a portion off "....no one comes to the Father but by me." I agree that this is the life to be lived--the one that is visible right before us and, if there is a thing like heaven, that's an added benefit. I don't know if Jesus ever did say much about heaven--he said something about paradise. Maybe our theological assumption is that it is interpreted as heaven.

thanks for the good thoughts. I am grateful for the work that you have done.

Bud I feel like I should call you Father out of respect for the Divinity within you. Your post was so honest and true, it echos the spirit. Thank you.

I feel there inevitably comes a time when evil, the devil and matter fail as an answer to life’s problems. People intuitively know that God is one and that we are all united in God's pure consciousness; therefore, no one is left out of heaven, and everyone possess the inherent ability to discover God. No one needs to remain in evil and darkness, if one desires to find light and live in pure consciousness. When everything is seen as God, then there is nothing evil that can oppose God or divine consciousness. The devil cannot squelch, repeal or conceal pure consciousness just like we cannot stop the sun from rising; nothing has the power to stop pure consciousness in the individual mind.

It seems as I understand the filters in my mind and remove those filters that block God the Father's pure consciousness the closer I am to heaven on Earth. It is not like I go anywhere, but just realize the fact. God is everywhere waiting with open arms for me to realize the presence of His Almighty Love. I am 62 years old now, but just a little taste of that love, invigorates my mind and body with heaven. It seems God has always been with me guiding every breath to His almighty Heart. Thank you Father for bringing this to mind.

Bud I feel like I should call you Father out of respect for the Divinity within you. Your post was so honest and true, it echos the spirit. Thank you.

I feel there inevitably comes a time when evil, the devil and matter fail as an answer to life’s problems. People intuitively know that God is one and that we are all united in God's pure consciousness; therefore, no one is left out of heaven, and everyone possess the inherent ability to discover God. No one needs to remain in evil and darkness, if one desires to find light and live in pure consciousness. When everything is seen as God, then there is nothing evil that can oppose God or divine consciousness. The devil cannot squelch, repeal or conceal pure consciousness just like we cannot stop the sun from rising; nothing has the power to stop pure consciousness in the individual mind.

It seems as I understand the filters in my mind and remove those filters that block God the Father's pure consciousness the closer I am to heaven on Earth. It is not like I go anywhere, but just realize the fact. God is everywhere waiting with open arms for me to realize the presence of His Almighty Love. I am 62 years old now, but just a little taste of that love, invigorates my mind and body with heaven. It seems God has always been with me guiding every breath to His almighty Heart. Thank you Father for bringing this to mind.

Thanks, Soma. Actually I have difficulties with the concept of a devil as well. I prefer to think of evil as the absence of good. The intention on our part is to be good. When we fail at that it's because we don't have the ability for perfection. God makes up for our lack of good by loving us and moving us forward toward seeing where we can go towards the good. If we believe in the presence of God and of Jesus in our lives, our values change and move us forward as well. And, truly, I don't know where we end up, but maybe that's not important at all. An old friend of mine ends all of her letters with "keep the faith, and pass a lot of it on." good luch to you and much faith.

Archived