Post Modernism- What Is It?

BeachOfEden

I forgot to tell you how welcome you are here. I trust that you will have as good a time as the rest of us writing nuts are having. Wonderful therapy for life in a world that gets a little crazier each day.

Again, welcome !

Oh. I found Pierre in Wiki and it turns out he was one of the founders of modern psychotherapy. But he's French so not as well known as that Austrian dude. Janet's Disease is also named after him. We know it as obsessive-compulsive disorder. Really a genius !

flow.... :D

Edited by flowperson

I forgot to tell you how welcome you are here. I trust that you will have as good a time as the rest of us writing nuts are having. Wonderful therapy for life in a world that gets a little crazier each day.

Again, welcome !

Oh. I found Pierre in Wiki and it turns out he was one of the founders of modern psychotherapy. But he's French so not as well known as that Austrian dude. Janet's Disease is also named after him. We know it as obsessive-compulsive disorder. Really a genius !

flow....  :D

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Most of what I know about Janet is from The Disovery of the Unconscious by Henri Ellenberger. C. G. Jung frequently cited Janet's work (he attended Janet's lectures for a semster in 1906). Jung and Janet were both highly independent thinkers. I am of the opinion that Jung is, in part, postmodern. Jung made no secret of his distrust for "isms" as "one-sided attitudes" that distort our ability to grasp reality.

minsocal ...