For All Misunderstood, Lonely People

I posted this thread in another forum, and thought it'd be good to hear opinions from you guys here, too. (it's been a while!)

I knew a lady in my town who ran a shop of natural products: creams, soaps, etc.

One day, I stopped to have coffee in a cafe and she happened to stop in for coffee, too. We said hi and chatted for a few minutes, and then I said goodbye and headed off to catch the train.

The next day I found out that she hanged herself. She was found by her son who went to the shop to see why she hadn't come home, and found her there.

There are a lot of people suffering in the world. Religion often isn't enough. She certainly had grown up a Catholic (I live in Italy), and she certainly knew the message of salvation through Jesus Christ.

But sometimes people aren't "reached" by religion. What people need is to be reached by other people.

Here's a beautiful song I discovered years ago, but still touches me deep down, that talks about the suffering in the world:

Lyrics can be viewed here.......

The Dream Academy - This World

Edited JosephM(Moderator) Removed complete lyrics as copyrighted material and inserted link to external site instead. See our copyrighted material policy under the pinned News section.

Blessings!

brian

I can't listen right now because I don't have headphones and everyone in my house is sleeping, but you are right that people need to feel connected to people. When I'm feeling situationally depressed it helps to know God is with me, even if the world isn't, but sometimes I can't even feel His presence. I know I'm not alone in that, since the Bible has Jesus asking, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" Sometimes it takes a friend to remind me that God IS with me.

What a shock to have the thing where an aquaintence ended her life just after seeing you. I'm sorry you went through that and sorrier she felt she had no other good options.

I can't wait to hear the song. Thanks for reaching out.

Janet

Archived