Progressive Christian Hippies

I have been on a Christian hippies forum owned by BeYeeGlad. I have met some cool more-progressive minded Christians there..but sad to say.. I have been revolted also by the raw in your face intolerance displayed there towrds Catholics, Bahia and basically all non-trinatrain faiths as well as sexism. Just wondering if there may be any Progressive or moderate Christians that happen to life the hippie style, peace, gardening, classic rock music. Let me know if you are out there:)

I have been on a Christian hippies forum owned by BeYeeGlad. I have met some cool more-progressive minded Christians there..but sad to say.. I have been revolted also by the raw in your face intolerance displayed there towrds Catholics, Bahia and basically all non-trinatrain faiths as well as sexism. Just wondering if there may be any Progressive or moderate Christians that happen to life the hippie style, peace, gardening, classic rock music. Let me know if you are out there:)

Hi, Beach. (Didn't know Eden had a beach, but it's nice to think it did)

I'm for peace and against sexism, and spend a lot of time gardening and landscaping (I'm retired). And I like classic music--but not rock. I was raised Catholic, and all my education was in that faith.

My wife is a natural-born hippie, without trying to be one. She loves animals, and will not kill even a spider, but tries to pick it up in a tissue and put it outside the house. (We have a dog and two cats) She is one of the gentlest people I've ever known. She works, but spends most of her spare time gardening, and then reading after dark.

Beach:

All of us old style hippies are still out here hoping for some miracles, and I don't mean last minute tickets to a dead show.

Welcome back. We have sure missed you !!!

Let's start a commune somewhere and get lost.

flow.... :P

I'm all for commune living. I get disgusted by the anti-catholic rhetoric, too. It is not that I think Catholism is THE religion but I don't think there is any thing more wrong with it than any other of the conservatives/fundamentalist versions of religions.

My husband went looking at Bahai but they are anti-gay. Not outright but they are all about sex for procreation. THat's dumb. I can't have children so I'm not supposed to be able to get married or have sex? What about old people? Such a small percentage of marriage is spent having sex, why are people so hung up on it? Isn't it about loving someone? Companionship? Hopefully the marriage outlasts the kid raising part!

SO, deep down inside I want to be a Hippie :P

Thanks! It's great to be back! It's nice to feel like I belong somewhere! I LOVE TCPC! :D I am a Progressive Christian Hippie and I love to attend the Classic ojai rock festivals in Ojai. There's one coming up Aug 12 and 13..if ya like I can post the info!:)

CLASSIC ROCK FEST 4

AUGUST 12 - 13, 2006 LIBBEY BOWL - OJAI, CA

SATURDAY - AUGUST 12, 2006

GRATEFUL DEAD - CUBENSIS

ALLMAN BROTHERS - MIDNIGHT RIDER

LED ZEPPELIN - LED ZEPLAND

HEART - DREAMBOAT ANNIE

ROLLING STONES - STICKY FINGERS

PARLIAMENT FUNKADELIC - MY CUZZIN'S FUNK

after show party with:

SUMMER OF LOVE!

SUNDAY - AUGUST 13, 2006

DOORS - PEACE FROG

NO DOUBT - NO DUH

STEELY DAN - PRETZEL LOGIC

BOB MARLEY - WILLIE VENANT

STEVIE NICKS - BELLA DONNA

INXS - KICK

LINE-UP SUBJECT TO CHANGE

CLASSIC ROCK FEST Sept 2/3, 2006

YES

HEART

SANTANA

LED ZEPPELIN

ERIC CLAPTON

FLEETWOOD MAC

NEIL YOUNG

CLASSIC ROCK FEST 30/Oct 1, 2006

LED ZEPPELIN

GENESIS

JETHRO TULL

EAGLES

QUEEN

Hey this thread is for any of you Christian Hippies out there on google or the web in general who are Progressive/Moderate Christians (NOn-far right/non-fundamentalists Christians) and wondered if there are any out there like you. The answer is yes. If you have stumbled upon this thread and you relate...somply post here. Yeah, there ARE Christian Hippies out there who are NOt merely Jerry Felwells in tie dye t-shirts. No two-faced sexism here, and no hellfire threats. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey this thread is for any of you Christian Hippies out there on google or the web in general who are Progressive/Moderate Christians (NOn-far right/non-fundamentalists Christians) and wondered if there are any out there like you. The answer is yes. If you have stumbled upon this thread and you relate...somply post here. Yeah, there ARE Christian Hippies out there who are NOt merely Jerry Felwells in tie dye t-shirts. No two-faced sexism here, and no hellfire threats. :D

wow....ive been looking all over the internet for a christian hippie commune thing like you guys. my dad said there were only cult and ashram communes! anyway im 17 and im known at my school as a total hippie and for being disillusioned with society in general and super-conservative christianity ("country-club christianity", as some call it). id love to hear more about you guys.

*starshine*

• 3 months later...
Just wondering if there may be any Progressive or moderate Christians that happen to life the hippie style, peace, gardening, classic rock music. Let me know if you are out there:)

I'm not traditional hippie but I do haul with the love-everyone-regardless-of-classification ethos, I love gardening and like to tend my allotment where I grow vegetables, and I love all kinds of music, classic rock being one of them and also Jazz, Blues, Prog Rock, Classical, Folk, World Rhythms, Bluegrass you name it. Not a lover of Reggae or Country though. I have a great rexpect for this planet and the living creatures on it. I have two beautiful cats whom I love to bits :)

Archived