Like A Child

soma

The child symbolizes the pure and instantaneous feelings of creative intelligence. This child is delivered out of the womb of pure consciousness through Mother Nature herself, located in the depths of our own human nature. Christ said, "Unless you become as a child you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven." He didn't mean for us to become childish but pure, innocent and unrehearsed. The infant emerges threatened by the negative perspectives of the world in the lower layers, to the higher layers of the mind where the function is to comfort and give refuge to others. Jesus is also pictured as this divine child ready to redeem mankind from its ignorance and misery.

This mystical child is the co-coordinating point in the mind because it is between the ower and the higher layers of the mind. In this layer the instinctive demands are given recognition, but the center of gravity of the total personality shifts its position. The position ceases to be in the ego that dominates the first two layers, but instead becomes located in a hypothetical place between the conscious and the unconscious mind. If this reorganization is effective, a personality develops that suffers only in the lower layers, but not in the upper layers of the mind where one is detached from pain and pleasure. The re-birth of this improved personality is the groundwork for the second coming of Christ in the higher realms. The people who achieve Christ Consciousness today are not crucified, but they are made fun of, nor are they appreciated or understood even though they are within the comprehension of a child.

The child symbolizes the pure and instantaneous feelings of creative intelligence. This child is delivered out of the womb of pure consciousness through Mother Nature herself, located in the depths of our own human nature. Christ said, "Unless you become as a child you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven." ...

This mystical child is the co-coordinating point in the mind because it is between the ower and the higher layers of the mind. In this layer the instinctive demands are given recognition, but the center of gravity of the total personality shifts its position. The position ceases to be in the ego that dominates the first two layers, but instead becomes located in a hypothetical place between the conscious and the unconscious mind. If this reorganization is effective, a personality develops that suffers only in the lower layers, but not in the upper layers of the mind where one is detached from pain and pleasure. The re-birth of this improved personality is the groundwork for the second coming of Christ in the higher realms.

Your description of a shift in the center of gravity of the total personality puts words to my experience of God! And to "become as a child" does not imply childishness but attentiveness, awareness, seeing with new eyes, eyes that see and ears that hear.

As for the second coming of Christ, I also suspect that this refers to a growing awareness in our collective consciousness. I'm standing in a place of questions right now regarding my relationship, my understanding of Christ. The old familiar story seems foreign to me; I try to remember to wait in the place of questions, trusting that the answers are seeking me as I am seeking them. The story isn't finished...

ebloomer:

Welcome to the boards !

Try googling "indigo children" and then mentally connect the obvious dots. Add the fact that the imposition of the use of antipsychotic drugs upon children by parents and doctors has increased by a factor of 500% over the last ten years and I believe that you'll start developing some answers, and many more questions.

flow.... :unsure:

Edited by flowperson

A growing awareness in our collective consciousness

ebloomer you are right on

Having considered that everything is pure consciousness, we are now ready to turn to the question of how this vision of life helps an individual with his or her own possibilities in life. Understanding the unity of the world amidst its many challenges and threats gives us insights into the growth and flow of all natural life. The more we understand God’s divine outlook, the more we will be delighted, successful and victorious in our new beginning because holding mentally to a positive attitude creates success in this victorious process called “living”. It gives us access to every good.

When we are trying to bring balance in our lives, trying to solve problems, we can get positive results by thinking of Christ and his consciousness. He said, “Lord let thy will be done.” Let pure consciousness flow through my mind in the form of ideas, feelings and insights, and let the divine results appear. This attitude is healthy and much more relaxing than rushing about trying to force people, things and situations our way. God can only do for us what He can do through us, we our just a part of His divine plan. God’s intelligence will work out the details and work through us for our success, if we let Him. Unity is powerful because it gives us a positive attitude, the sense of peace in the midst of chaos and access to everything that is good.

Respect

Special Ed students are our teachers. They do say what they want and their bodies are a collection of bad memories some good that they call home, but they can help us transform fear to joy and frustration to fulfillment either in ourselves or others. If they can show us our weakness so we can transform ourselves to see innocently a new way in a fresh world, they are our teachers.

Are they the thorns in Jesus's crown?

Just a guess, but I don't think Jesus knew some of the kids I work with, where "like a child" might not

be such a good thing. :-)

--des

I hear ya!

I suspect we really don't understand what Jesus meant when he said that. The church explanations don't really fit Jesus, imo. It is a puzzling quote and I wonder if it is authentic.

ebloomer:

Welcome to the boards !

Try googling "indigo children" and then mentally connect the obvious dots. Add the fact that the imposition of the use of antipsychotic drugs upon children by parents and doctors has increased by a factor of 500% over the last ten years and I believe that you'll start developing some answers, and many more questions.

flow.... :unsure:

That is because we have better diagnosis of children (until a few years ago it was not believed a child could suffer from schizophrenia or bipolar disorder -- we now know that they can) and since prozac there has been a break through in the development of drugs for these disorders.

Here is some info. When I was student teaching I had a child who was autistic and a select mute. His mother told me that it was not until he was put on an anti-depressant that he was able to talk to anyone at school let alone make friends. The anti-depressant has made all the difference for him.

My professor has a son who is also autistic. WIth several treatments including anti-depressants and Abilify (a mood stablizer) he, for the first time wants to make friends and is able to function at levels close to normal. It is a miracle as far as his family is concerned.

Talk to any teacher in special education or regular ed who has worked with a child with severe ADHD and how the child went from being a terror in the classroom to able to focus on their work. Even children notice the difference and will comment.

Despite sound bites from the media, when prescribed by a psychiatrist, not a GP, these medications change lives for the better. Both the lives of the children and the lives of their families and friends. The media is only interested in what sells, not what is true.

Gee, I wasn't even thinking of my special ed. students during the year. I'm sure Jesus didn't mean to imply we should be as "adolescents"! YIKES! :-)

I was speaking of my "normal" kids that I work with this summer. I don't know as I think childhood has changed in perhaps a not so good way-- different than childhood was when I was a kid about a hundred years ago. :-) Some of the K-2 kids were "too mature" for "Old MacDonald" and that type of song (one of them said, and on that farm is Brittany Spears?!). I think media, etc has forced kids to "know of" things they should not. OTOH, quite a few are delightful.

As for special ed., many of the kids that are alive today, would not have been alive in Jesus' day or at least would not have ever ventured out of the house. Many children died for what would be trivial reasons today. For instance, autism is highly related to middle ear infections that may have killed many children circa 4 AD.

One 105 degree fever and you are out.

I have worked quite a lot with autistic kids (and adults).

I don't know if Jesus ever said this. But I think you have to think of the best of childhood and before kids are too influenced by tv, commercial toys, etc.

--des

I don't know if Jesus ever said this. But I think you have to think of the best of childhood and before kids are too influenced by tv, commercial toys, etc.

--des

I was thinking about this earlier. I did come up with one "meaning" that fits with Jesus' other sayings. Children were very powerless. This fits with the Sermon on the mount. I would guess Jesus was trying to communicate that they have to give up their power in order to enter the kindgdom of heaven.

Gibran, said Children are the teachers. I think because they are fresh from the otherside. We are conditioned to the physical world and I guess we are conditioning our children too.

Christ transforms us from being hostage to the world to being children of divine consciousness.