Significance or God

tariki

There is a deep insight/understanding/revelation in the fact that we cannot know. Why there is an eternal conflict in reason, why there is absolutely no end to the dialectics of reason. Why one must therefore"rise" to another standpoint, one that supercedes all standpoints and views. And simply saying "oh, is that your view/standpoint" simply does not cut it. 

Faith. A dirty word. Misunderstood. Associated with "belief without evidence" and therefore not actually experienced as a complete letting go of all beliefs, views and "positions".

Oh yes, but as Neddy Seagoon once said so eloquently, "everybody gotta be somewhere". 

Thus Dogen:-

"Therefore, if there are fish that would swim or birds that would fly only after investigating the entire ocean or sky, they would find neither path nor place. When we make this very place our own, our practice becomes the actualization of reality (genjōkōan). When we make this path our own, our activity naturally becomes actualized reality (genjōkōan)."

And from Saichi's Journals:-

Not knowing why! Not knowing why! That is my support, not knowing why! That is the Namu-amida-butsu!

"Love has no why" Meister Eckhart.

The hidden ground of love (Merton)

Thank you. I will not be back for a while. I get tired of being compelled to spin around in pointless circles. The revolving wheel of samsara. 

Asking pointless why questions may well be our dharma. Persisting and still not knowing that too could be our dharma. Our dharmas help hold the universe in shape. This pointless Why? has shaped our bit of the universe. I can't help but smile.

Merry Christmas Derek.