Gifting And Stewardship

bobve2

Does anyone have any insight, opinions, or rescources on Stewardship and "charitable giving" from a PC point of view. As I have become acquainted with this site the last 2 years the many mentors and advocates that I have been able to read through the threads on this site have motovated me to change some of my giving patterns. Because of that I am trying to find various charities that especially try to help people help themselves. Any Ideas???

Thanks - Bob

I would suggest looking in your area and support shelters that serve to help abused and/or battered women and children. From what I have discovered this is a growing problem just about everywhere one looks in the land, city or rural, and is reflective of how our lifestyles are being altered and squeezed by the relentless pace of material pursuit.

flow.... :(

The charity where I volunteer uses "helping people help themselves" as their slogan: http://www.interfaithservices.org

I know people like that more than helping people who can't help themselves, just as success stories generate more donations than stories of failures. There's a lot to say about why that is and how best to manage one's own charitable donations. I think it's best to be flexible about what God wants me to do.

Marcus Borg suggests that PCs need to support organizations which are trying to address and transform systemic global injustice. SOJOURNERS comes to mind. BREAD FOR THE WORLD. GREENPEACE. LINK TV. DEMOCRACY NOW!

I have a list of peace and justice links on a page at abundancetrek.com > http://www.abundancetrek.com/links.html#pj