Does God Have An Ego?

jerryb

Awww, come on flow - - - "innocent old days that I remember"?????  You're not THAT old... reading the OT makes me realize that many of the issues then - deceiptful people who spout theology, politicians, bad people prospering while good seemingly don't - are all the same.  I think it is a developmental stage - 40-60ish to see the world as going to hell in a handbasket.  We have to take ourselves with a grain of salt just like we take teenagers, 2 y/os, etc.  :P

Example, I agree, is the only way.  Having a teenager sure keeps you honest!!!!  They (along with their pre-adolescent siblings) are quick to gleefully point out ANY discrepancy between what you say and do.  It does help the mindfulness.  :blink:  :P

Thanks for the good words, but when one passes the Rubicon of 60 by a few years, you realize that, especially these days, life is for the young and irresponsible. They're the only ones of us able to actively live out the sage advice of James Brown, "Git down ! Git back up ! Kiss yo'self !"

Maybe the TV marketers have finally gotten to me, except that there are days when I'm in my twenties between my ears, until my body screams at me that I'm really being a dumb A--. Then I put on my "steal your face" or "dancing bears" hat and go to work and everything seems ok. That doesn't qualify as lying to oneself does it ?

Thanks again C !

flow.... :D

I don't know about ego, but I think we worship Him because it is relaxing.

If we look at the word disease, it means not at ease, 'dis-ease' or imbalance. Accordingly, the glands that regulate the balance of hormonal secretions are important because they influence the growth, endurance, energy, vitality, longevity and appearance of the body. If the hormonal secretions are balanced the body will have the privilege of a long and happy life, if not it will have many problems with its energy and activity.

Our personality and nature are also affected by the problems of glandular imbalance. This balance is not gained by simply being alive nor is it a commodity that can be purchased at a health food store. It is a benefit that is gained from a proper diet as well as a planned and regular exercise program, but also by a higher belief which relaxes, puts at ease, and balances the glands. Mind over matter. So belief in a higher power can work wonders, miracles, and science.