Where to ask lots of questions

Skyler

I have deconstructed my faith and am now reconstructing it. I have many questions and I don't know where to ask them. I have a lot of small questions so posting them here seems excessive. So I'm just wondering if there is somewhere where I can ask these questions. Thank you!

5 hours ago, Skyler said:

I have deconstructed my faith and am now reconstructing it. I have many questions and I don't know where to ask them. I have a lot of small questions so posting them here seems excessive. So I'm just wondering if there is somewhere where I can ask these questions. Thank you!

Perhaps create a thread posting the bulk of your questions all at once?  I'm not really sure there is any fount of knowledge when it comes to answering all question, but many members here have deconstructed and reconstructed their faith over time and have drawn on lots of knowledge available from scholars, authors, and personal sources.  I would suggest though that whatever the answers are, when it comes to reconstructing faith, I think take all opinions with a pinch of salt.  Biblical scholarship is one thing, but interpretation and application of 'spiritual' concepts is completely another.  I wish you well in your search, Skyler.

21 hours ago, Skyler said:

Hi Skyler.

For me there is something disconcerting about faith. 

For me:     faith << belief < understanding

Again for me faith is like a belief in something despite the evidence to the contrary.
Belief is observing the world and constructing a worldview from from the observations and there is an implied assumption that the world view may be modified as more observations come in.
Whereas understanding has an educational component. It is more of a journey. A questioning. It is agnostic in very essence. 

Welcome.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello Skyler - it strikes me that right here, or maybe in a new thread simply titled "Questions",  would be a perfect place for you raise whatever questions you have.

Speaking of reconstructing your belief system, I recently came across an excellent article on 'Panpsychism' which speaks to issues implicit in Jesus's saying And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered." (Matthew 10)

https://www.templeton.org/news/can-the-rocks-cry-out?utm_campaign=news&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic_social&utm_content

Enjoy!

Edited by David Sundaram