Against Christianity

Frank Raj

JAM - I have had a similar set of experiences... it led me to a "whatever I am, it's not that!" phase and then, and now, "just because idiots do it, doesn't mean it is idiotic"!!!

Here's a great article you may like about "Red Letter Christians" - Tony Campolo, Brian McLaren, Jim Wallis - quality guys trying to follow Jesus... the words in red. :D

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/185/story_18562_1.html

Welcome to the board!

• 1 month later...

Thank you to people for the welcome. I don't worry about the ebb & flow of discussion boards. It's been a month plus since I checked back in too, busy life like everyone else.

One of the churches listed as a progressive church in my state from the list here on this site is actually pretty close to my home. But it's still part of a main denomination, and I just envision the possibility that it's another version of the same old crap that I'm trying to avoid. The last church I attended was pathetic. I think so many people go to church because it becomes a habit like toothbrushing. People hear words about God and sermons, say the words, but do people really believe and feel these things? And is going to a building every week an answer or help? Is it relevant to one's journey? I see these elaborate huge megachurch structures that obviously cost millions to build and how much money to maintain. Even a regular church structure costs enough dollars to maintain. Just seems that the energy and money maybe could go elsewhere. So it's a struggle, as part of me does ponder belonging to a church while at the same time having a real issue with the whole setup. Does that make sense?