who is this man?

akay

15 hours ago, akay said:

I am basically a member of Islamweb

I have many articles

And you did not study Islam and do not know much about the Bible.

No need to get testy, Akay!  It doesn't matter if you have many articles on IslamWeb (or Islamhelpline, as per your last cut and paste).  What matters on this Forum is that you are breaching copyright when you cut and paste from other sites without recognition.  Please reference these other sites when you are posting material here that is already presented there.  I am sure you can understand that this Forum has no way of identifying or confirming that you own these words on other sites.  Please adhere to the Guidelines you agreed to abide by, when you signed up here.

Akay, in your fervour you seem to have overlooked that all I am arguing for in the matter of the doctrine of the Trinity, is that there are many verses Christians have used to 'deduce' the doctrine, rightly or wrongly.  You initially denied these verses existed, then you claimed they were later additions, and now you argue for their minimization for other reasons.  I don't disagree with you that the Trinity may not be an accurate teaching, but to argue that there is no biblical support for the doctrine is incorrect.  The arguments made by later Christians clearly demonstrates they used biblical texts to deduce the doctrine.  Whether they were accurate in doing so, is another matter entirely.

15 hours ago, akay said:

Jesus did not write the bible that was revealed by God. Not even was it written immediately after his departure. He did not order or desire at any time in his life to write anything on his behalf. Therefore, the Bible which is in circulation today is not a representation of Jesus' teachings.

This is a 1+1=3 argument.  This is like saying people today can't accurately document what happened in WW2 - when we know they can.  I don't disagree that there is much to speculate about and debate, concerning the accuracy of every word claiming to be a message from God, or Jesus, or Allah or Mohamed for that matter, but your logic is faulty if you think it can be established that the Bible in no way represents Jesus.

15 hours ago, akay said:

Out of the total of 27 Books of the New Testament, more than half is authored by Paul. As opposed to Paul, the Master has not written a single word of the twenty-seven books. If you can lay your hands on what is called "'A Red Letter Bible," you will find every word alleged to have been uttered by Jesus - in red ink and the rest in normal black ink. Don't be shocked to find that in this so called Gospel of Jesus, over ninety percent of the 27 Books of the New Testament is printed in black ink!

No shock here - this is well understood by anybody who has done just a little bit of reading outside of the Bible.  Paul was a major influencer of what eventually became Christianity.  But whether the Bible is representative of Jesus' teachings or not is subject to much debate.  Most professional scholars acknowledge shortcomings for any outright agreement on all matters.  Does this mean everything written by Paul misses the mark - of course not.  

15 hours ago, akay said:

note
When I talked about the Dead Sea Scrolls, I mentioned the video that talks about

5 Dead Sea scroll fragments found to be forged

Thanks for clarifying that the bulk of the Dead Sea Scrolls (some 100,000+ articles) are in fact genuine and not forgeries (i.e. 5 x fragments).  Seems a bit of a waste of time pointing out such an insignificant amount of forgery, but for whatever reason you felt it important to.

15 hours ago, akay said:

And certainly the Jews distorted their books, so do we believe their book and their words after trying to kill the Prophet Jesus and Muhammad, peace be upon them?

THE Jews?  What, like every single one of them?  So you think ALL Jewish books are distorted?  Isn't that kinda like saying THE Muslims are suicidal lunatics, or THE Muslims believe they will get 72 virgins in Heaven?  Some Muslims do think like this and obviously many are even prepared to die as suicide bombers, but of course many aren't either.  I expect the same goes for THE Jews - some did some things, many didn't.  Unfortunately, throughout history many bigots have racists have used Jesus' death against Jewish people as though somehow they are/were all individually responsible.  

Maybe understanding what Progressive Christianity actually is may help you to think about what you post here.  I think you will find that many Progressive Christians (and others) will actually agree with a lot of the scholarship around the Bible and NT.  Have a look at this thread perhaps:

On 4/24/2022 at 7:47 AM, PaulS said:

No need to get testy, Akay!  It doesn't matter if you have many articles on IslamWeb (or Islamhelpline, as per your last cut and paste).  What matters on this Forum is that you are breaching copyright when you cut and paste from other sites without recognition.  Please reference these other sites when you are posting material here that is already presented there.  I am sure you can understand that this Forum has no way of identifying or confirming that you own these words on other sites.  Please adhere to the Guidelines you agreed to abide by, when you signed up here.

I am uncertain how to display that I have hidden (i.e. not allowed) two further posts by Akay following my post above.  Akay's posts continue to breach copyright as Akay refuses to acknowledge the source of the cut and paste articles or identify if they themselves own the articles they are copying from other various Islamic sites.  This is not in line with Forum Guidelines and are not genuine engagements of discussion here on this topic.  Future posts by Akay will be subject to Admin approval until further notice.